FS- GMG 997 GTRS- friends

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default FS- GMG 997 GTRS- friends

https://gmgracing.com/post/2564-2/ht...m/post/2564-2/
my friend has this wonderful Pumpkin for sale. Too much info to post - if interested contact Eugene. or drop me a note at gofishracing@aol.com

Last edited by Gofishracing; 09-07-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:20 PM
EL GT2
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-06-2018, 07:21 PM
EL GT2
AutoX

Some pictures I just posted - thanks, Bob! Any questions feel free to email me nsx13 at msn dot com. Attached is the most recent DME Report.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:37 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool car, maybe try to workout that enter button every once in a while. A better format in the OP would help IMO
Old 09-06-2018, 07:59 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
Cool car, maybe try to workout that enter button every once in a while. A better format in the OP would help IMO
amen. LOL
Old 09-06-2018, 08:01 PM
jonwb
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
https://gmgracing.com/post/2564-2/ht...m/post/2564-2/
my friend has this wonderful Pumpkin for sale.
I put on only 400 miles since last November on this car! VIN: WP0AC29907S792741 I am the 2nd owner.
Full disclosure: about 1 year after the original owner had the car (2008), original owner and his wife were on a wine tour in the Temecula, CA area when a driver (not paying attention) did a U-turn right in front of them. The impact was at low speed as they were on a small winery road. The brunt of the hit was on the front nose, which caused the airbags to deploy. Fortunately, no one was hurt and the damage was minimal and mostly cosmetic. DC Autocraft in Burbank, CA (www.dcautocraft.com) was hired to make the car showroom perfect. In order to ensure a perfect match, the car was stripped to the bare metal, inspected and properly repainted in the original factory Orange (N6). DC is considered one of the best late model exotic restoration and repair shops in Southern California. The work is excellent and even with the most scrutinizing eye, undetectable.While similar mile stock RS's might go for around $140k-ish, . It's an incredible car but for the reasons below, this is the sports car I'd like to find a new home for. Also still kicking around
Just turned 30k miles the other week. Reason for sale: met a girl earlier this year, we do lots of outdoorsy stuff together, and this car just doesn't get driven (only 400 miles since taking delivery last 11/17/17). Not to mention I work from home 3 days per week. I sold my motorcycle back in March. I also still have the '15 Z06 and '06 Ford GT. Plus she doesn't like this car (says it belongs on a race track, too noisy, doesn't like orange). We are in my truck a lot taking our bikes out, etc. Has current NJ inspection good until 11/19 (passes no problem). Details below:
GMG had just licensed from the Pirelli World Challenge series the rights to use “WC” (for World Challenge) in a new product they planned to offer their Porsche clients: the WC-RS 4.0 package. The complete package price is reported at $120k. While GMG took care of the body, suspension, and brakes, the engine build was left to the capable hands of Neil Harvey of Perfo...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe..._didn%27t_read

Seriously though that looks like an awesome car. GLWS
Old 09-06-2018, 11:12 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

OP trying to read your post gave me a headache.
Does this car have a dual mass flywheel?
Maybe I missed it but price of this car?

Thank you
Old 09-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys- sorry for the cut & paste- The size speaks for it's self. I'm not computer Savvy & rushed to just try & help.. Price was 140 ish. Please reach out to Eugene for full details
Old 09-07-2018, 08:42 AM
EL GT2
AutoX

It's an incredible car but I'd like to find a new home for her. Just turned 30k miles the other week. Reason for sale: met a girl earlier this year, we do lots of outdoorsy stuff together, and this car just doesn't get driven (only 400 easy miles to Cars & Coffee events, etc since taking delivery last 11/17/17). Not to mention I work from home 3 days per week. I have a '15 Corvette Z06 and '06 Ford GT. We are in my truck a lot taking our bikes out, etc. Has current NJ inspection good until 11/19 (passes no problem).

Full disclosure: about 1 year after the original owner had the car (2008), he and his wife were on a wine tour in the Temecula, CA area when a driver (not paying attention) did a U-turn right in front of them. The impact was at low speed as they were on a small winery road. The brunt of the hit was on the front nose, which caused the airbags to deploy. Fortunately, no one was hurt and the damage was minimal and mostly cosmetic. DC Autocraft in Burbank, CA (www.dcautocraft.com) was hired to make the car showroom perfect. In order to ensure a perfect match, the car was stripped to the bare metal, inspected and properly repainted in the original factory Orange (N6). DC is considered one of the best late model exotic restoration and repair shops in Southern California. The work is excellent and even with the most scrutinizing eye, undetectable.

General write-up from before I bought it:GMG had just licensed from the Pirelli World Challenge series the rights to use “WC” (for World Challenge) in a new product they planned to offer their Porsche clients: the WC-RS 4.0 package. The complete package price is reported at $120k. While GMG took care of the body, suspension, and brakes, the engine build was left to the capable hands of Neil Harvey of Performance Developments in Costa Mesa, California ([[url=http://www.performancedevelopments.com/]http://www.performancedevelopments.com%29/]www.performancedevelopments.com). More than half the cost of this package was just for the engine build alone. Harvey has been building performance race engines for European teams since 1973 including several F1 programs as well as Bernie Ecclestone and Gordon Murray. Highlights of this complete build include: 4.0 Engine Build (500hp):

Blueprint and balanced motor

Proprietary lightweight 4.0 stroke crank (over $15k for this part alone)

Nikasil lined cylinders

Custom pistons by Mahle

Slight increase in compression (designed to run on 91 octane fuel)

Custom titanium connecting rods by Arrow w/oil-through design

Custom ground cams (proprietary design)

Titanium valve retainers and special valve springs

Fully gas-flowed heads to proprietary port and valve standards

Aluminum billet oil pump

2011 GT3 RS body kit:

Carbon rear wing and front dive canards

Aerospace grade carbon rear deck lid

2010 factory GT3 cup car front/rear bumpers (w/integrated tow hooks)

GT3 Cup front fenders

GT3 Cup/Porsche Motorsports front splitter

997.2 LED front and rear lights

Porsche factory RS center lock hubs (converted from standard 5-lug)

GMG custom forged 19” Monoblock wheels (10” and 12” wide)

Stoptech steel brake system (original ceramic rotors are available)

GMG LMS B/C-hoop roll bar

GMG complete exhaust system including headers and 200 cell-sport catalysts

Engine is CA smog legal

Programmable GIAC tune with 3 settings (91 octane, 101 octane, and valet mode)

Factory RS 4.0 lightweight clutch package

Factory carbon fiber 4.0 airbox

Numeric short shift kit and shift cables

Welded aluminum coolant hose fittings/water pipes

GMG custom suspension package (for a more pliable street use)

Rear upper dog bones

Front and rear thrust arm bushings

Front and rear bump and toe steer kit

Adjustable sway bars and thrust arms with anti-dive/squat technology

Wevo engine and transmission mounts

JRZ RS Pro adjustable coil over system

Upgraded navigation/Bluetooth sound system

Integrated laser K1 radar system with hidden front and rear detectors

Gen II RS door panel pulls

Body painted center console and interior trim

Carbon WC (World Challenge) shift ****

Full leather dash

Upgraded alcantera steering wheel

This WC-GT3RS 4.0 drives amazing. It is not another one of those high-strung tuner cars that only work on marble-smooth race circuits. In fact, I found this example to be more drivable on our crappy SoCal roads than a stock GT3 and definitely better than an RS or 4.0. Whereas stock GT3 Porsches tend to be stiffly sprung and can hop from one road surface change to another, this example’s suspension has a dual personality. It’s supple enough to smooth out normal road conditions, yet it has the ability to hunker down and grab the pavement with insane grip.

Driving in traffic is not an unbearable task. This example would be easy to navigate through LA freeways on your way to a local track day. Of course, the power is truly intoxicating. Yes, it has nearly 100hp more than stock, but the big difference is the torque and power band. Whereas the stock motor tends to run out of breath as your reach the 8k rpm range, this motor builds torque like a freight train throughout the entire rpm range right up to the 8,500-rpm red line. In fact, after discussing the parameters of the engine with the builder, Harvey claimed that this motor could easily peak 10k rpm all day long…incredible. Of course, the Stoptech steel brake system works flawlessly and there is no discernable performance difference between these and the ceramics. The shifting is butter-smooth with no grinding or slipping. The clutch operates easily and won’t kill your left leg if stuck in traffic. The entire package is truly a synergy of quality components that have been well thought out for a practical application.

This GT3RS is in great condition. It has primarily been used on the street with the exception of the occasional driver’s education days. The car was never abused or raced and frequently serviced.

The glass is all original including the windshield. The front of the car is wrapped in 3M clear bra. The car bra has absorbed most of the chips with some minor blemishes on the front as well as leading part of the rear flares (see pics). The wheels have a few curb rashes. They are wearing Pirelli Trofeo R tires. The fronts have about 1/3 life left and the rears are at the wear indicators and need to be replaced soon. The brakes pads and rotors are near new. This RS was certainly enjoyed and there are some minor flaws on the paint. However, most of the blemishes are on the bra. There is a palm-sized area of paint touch-up on the lower part of the rear bumper behind the wheel (see pic).

The interior looks equally as nice with minimal signs of use. The leather sport seats are in good shape with some minor wear on the driver seat exit bolster. The rest of the interior looks fresh. The door panels, headliner, carpet, and dash are all near perfect. All the gauges, buttons, and lights operate properly. The A/C system blows ice cold as well. The stereo has been professionally upgraded tastefully to a discrete Pioneer/Alpine system with a full hands-free Bluetooth system and navigation. There is a custom small subwoofer discretely tucked behind the driver seat on the floor (see pic). Additional speakers are located under the dash (see pics) with an amplifier in the trunk. A K-1 integrated radar detector has been hidden in the bumpers with display indicators integrated on the dash display. The system is operated with a remote control.

Before the owner sold the car to me last November, he had GMG perform an oil service, top off the fluids, inspect/adjust the suspension, perform a coolant flush, service the transmission, and a pre-purchase inspection of the car. They found the car to be in tip top mechanical condition with no signs of abuse. The DME was run and there are zero over-revs in any range.

This GT3 RS comes with a custom indoor/satin car cover, chrome roll-bar mounted fire extinguisher, Sabelt camlock harness (not installed), GIAC software program module, service records, owner’s manuals, center-lock tool, Porsche flat repair, and tool kit.

Last edited by EL GT2; 09-14-2018 at 12:21 AM. Reason: OP Edited.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:23 AM
EL GT2
AutoX

Some pictures just taken this morning.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:45 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

ummm, wow - seems really really inexpensive

GLWS (or is it sold already?)
Old 09-11-2018, 12:58 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

So are we looking at a 2008 GT3 with narrow rears?

Trying to figure out what exactly this is. Vin shows standard Gt3 but everything says RS even GMG's site which leads me to believe wide rear.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:35 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

is it not an RS???
Old 09-11-2018, 09:49 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Looks to be a wide body which leads me to believe it was originally a 997.1 RS.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:04 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

it says 2011 GT3 RS body kit, but does not state what it started as. Later it says this GT3 RS....
confusing. also doesn't say how much the accident damage was or show pictures.
Looks like a nice car though details would be nice.

Quick Reply: FS- GMG 997 GTRS- friends