Akarp0170
AutoX

Originally Posted by 6DJ8
2011 RS, Grey-black, 7553 mi, no pics yet, no price listed

https://www.mclarenchicago.com/vehic...il-id-42869420

WP0AC2A91BS783339

Privious RL listing from November 2019:

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1168410
saw the DME report and it has only first range. Seems clean but stopped asking questions when I heard $300k too. Is that new price level?
Old 06-16-2021 | 08:30 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

No. But they’re pushing for it!
The following users liked this post:
Booth9999 (06-17-2021)
Old 06-16-2021 | 09:21 PM
Specracer46
Rennlist Member

Who knows, but you can still see the rear seat belts in the pix you posted.

Originally Posted by fijibubba
Who knew all it would take for this car to increase in value 35K was just to park it over a new piece of dirt. Now listed for $189,900. It will probably sell in a week lol, Maybe they changed out the door handles....

Old 06-16-2021 | 09:29 PM
Ostranjg
Rennlist Member

Love to get everyone’s thoughts on this one. Been casually in market for a .2 GT3 (non-RS) for awhile to possibly replace my .2 Turbo. Was driving back home from Fischer Motors outside of Chicago after getting some routine service done, passed by the local Porsche dealer and saw this one on the lot: https://www.porschebarrington.com/in...ac2a96as783495 I did stop and walk around it, looks like in good enough condition though the car was a bit dirty, having been sitting outside for what looks like awhile. Front end has clear bra.

Now, maybe I’ve not been paying close enough attention, but $149.9k for a .2 GT3 with aftermarket suspension, exhaust, wheels, roll cage and harnesses, data acquisition, etc. seems like a LOT. Realize the mileage is very low, but the car has obviously been tracked (as it should imo), which historically can hurt pricing slightly. The car does have the Porsche carbon buckets which is a nice (and expensive) addition, but no longer has use of front axle lift, heated seats (not that big a deal).

Anyone’s thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by Ostranjg; 06-16-2021 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-16-2021 | 09:46 PM
SnP
Racer

I did a drive by of that car this weekend, looks like it just came off a track

Low miles and supposedly clean dme

but it’s 13 years old and I’m betting all those miles are track miles

ive got an 09 911 turbo six speed coupe and a 10 911 c4s track car

For 150, I’ll give you both cars, two for the price of 1!
The following users liked this post:
pissedpuppy (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021 | 10:18 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ostranjg
Love to get everyone’s thoughts on this one. Been casually in market for a .2 GT3 (non-RS) for awhile to possibly replace my .2 Turbo. Was driving back home from Fischer Motors outside of Chicago after getting some routine service done, passed by the local Porsche dealer and saw this one on the lot: https://www.porschebarrington.com/in...ac2a96as783495 I did stop and walk around it, looks like in good enough condition though the car was a bit dirty, having been sitting outside for what looks like awhile. Front end has clear bra.

Now, maybe I’ve not been paying close enough attention, but $149.9k for a .2 GT3 with aftermarket suspension, exhaust, wheels, roll cage and harnesses, data acquisition, etc. seems like a LOT. Realize the mileage is very low, but the car has obviously been tracked (as it should imo), which historically can hurt pricing slightly. The car does have the Porsche carbon buckets which is a nice (and expensive) addition, but no longer has use of front axle lift, heated seats (not that big a deal).

There’s quite a bit of info on this car in this thread. Not sure if you’ve went through that. It was owned by an individual that from my research probably was able to maintain it very well, but it all comes down to what you’re looking for in a car. Do you want something to drive around town and to shows? This may not be it. If you plan to drive it on track mostly, this could be a great car to do it in.
Old 06-17-2021 | 12:20 AM
Upscale Audio
Banned

Might be a good idea to describe yourself and what trips your trigger and to be HONEST about it.

Does it have to have a certain build or color? What is not negotiable?

Are you super price-conscious or condition-conscious?

In my business I really try to drill down first. Sometimes I find people have very unrealistic expectations. If that car was a 10k mile never-tracked garage queen would $149k still be out of the budget?

Old 06-17-2021 | 01:04 AM
Ostranjg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
There’s quite a bit of info on this car in this thread. Not sure if you’ve went through that. It was owned by an individual that from my research probably was able to maintain it very well, but it all comes down to what you’re looking for in a car. Do you want something to drive around town and to shows? This may not be it. If you plan to drive it on track mostly, this could be a great car to do it in.
I did not go back through a ton on this thread… at 570 some odd pages, there is a lot. Hah.

As I mentioned, the car looks like its in good condition all things considered. Honestly, if this car had the stock suspension and retained the axle lift system capability, it would be close to a winner. Live in Chicago area and it really is a nice feature if you’re going to drive a GT3 around. (Would also be nice to have the stock wheels as I don’t love the ones on there, but that is easier and cheaper to remedy). $149k is a BIG pill to swallow no matter what though. If it was bone stock and garage queen, someone might be able to justify the cost, but I’m not there.

My story on looking for one of these: I’ve been racing a fully built BMW with NASA and bring it to the occasional DE event. However, family is growing and those long weeks/weekends prepping for and then spending at the track are coming to an end (for now). Want something I can just show up and drive. Don’t have budget for another car so plan is to sell race car and 997.2 turbo and get something that can and will more often be used on road, but also will be competent on track for a HPDE/track day when I have the time. Some might say to just track the turbo, but its a long ways off when you’re coming from a purpose built race car. The GT3 is the better option imo.
Old 06-17-2021 | 01:18 AM
tareemaa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 8Lug
Something is definitely not right here. No way a .2 GT3 with 16k miles would sit unsold for $130k in this market. There has to be a story, either with the car or the dealer.
after 5-6 calls/emails/texts, they sent me the dme, it looks clean, nonetheless, it’s a very base car, they are not willing to go down on the price. Anyone know if it was listed elsewhere?
Old 06-17-2021 | 04:04 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

^^search vin on DuckDuckGo
Old 06-17-2021 | 07:29 AM
6DJ8
Instructor

2008 GT3, white, 8080 mi, PCCB, full leather, 1-owner, incoming, no pics, no price yet

https://www.pcarautogallery.com/2008...-gt3-c-328.htm

WP0AC29938S792136

Pictures are now up on dealer's website

Old 06-17-2021 | 09:05 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

I did not go back through a ton on this thread… at 570 some odd pages, there is a lot. Hah.

As I mentioned, the car looks like its in good condition all things considered. Honestly, if this car had the stock suspension and retained the axle lift system capability, it would be close to a winner. Live in Chicago area and it really is a nice feature if you’re going to drive a GT3 around. (Would also be nice to have the stock wheels as I don’t love the ones on there, but that is easier and cheaper to remedy). $149k is a BIG pill to swallow no matter what though. If it was bone stock and garage queen, someone might be able to justify the cost, but I’m not there.

My story on looking for one of these: I’ve been racing a fully built BMW with NASA and bring it to the occasional DE event. However, family is growing and those long weeks/weekends prepping for and then spending at the track are coming to an end (for now). Want something I can just show up and drive. Don’t have budget for another car so plan is to sell race car and 997.2 turbo and get something that can and will more often be used on road, but also will be competent on track for a HPDE/track day when I have the time. Some might say to just track the turbo, but its a long ways off when you’re coming from a purpose built race car. The GT3 is the better option imo.
I dunno, I lived in SF and DD my 1st GT3 and had no FAL. the front splitters are a consumable item and once you've come to that realization, you won't miss a broken (or soon to be failing) FAL

as for suspension, factory has never failed me (I don't track) but it is my impression that the factory suspension can be improved upon - perhaps that's what this example offers???

factory wheels can be found/acquired...many people put different / better wheels on. again, you could find factory wheels if you had to have them
Old 06-17-2021 | 09:44 AM
Upscale Audio
Banned

Originally Posted by tareemaa
after 5-6 calls/emails/texts, they sent me the dme, it looks clean, nonetheless, it’s a very base car, they are not willing to go down on the price. Anyone know if it was listed elsewhere?
I don't know about base. It's got DEM and FAL and buckets. Three things I like and wish my car had.

It's a fair price IMHO and the reason it hasn't sold could be the frustrated salesmen working there that know nothing and were told "if somebody wants it they'll buy it".
Old 06-17-2021 | 10:38 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

2011 RS, Grey-black, 7553 mi, no pics yet, no price listed

https://www.mclarenchicago.com/vehic...il-id-42869420

WP0AC2A91BS783339

Privious RL listing from November 2019:

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1168410
This one was recently quietly listed on RL in another WTB thread and sold from one member to another for $220k - less than a month ago. I passed on the car given that I couldn't get an inspection done/information I requested to make an informed decision before another RL member offered to wire money. It wasn't even the spec he wanted, but he bought it as a hold-over car. Now they're asking $315k, and somebody who actually wanted that car didn't get a chance to buy it from the owner, and thus the cycle continues.

I'm not going to deny the real effects of supply and demand, nor hyper inflation. But I'm going to say this once, and then hold my peace. While the VALUES may never reset to pre-2021 levels, the supply and demand curves will equalize at some point, and everyone who overpaid for a car without asking any questions is going to wish they had done more homework. In my opinion, buyers are their own worst enemies in this market, as they are so desperate that they're willing to buy a six-figure car without proper due diligence, and therefore they are feeding into the frenzy. Dealers are perpetuating this, as there are a LOT of cars going from one dealer to the next, and the price goes up every time, and there are also collectors-turned-speculators creating an artificial bottleneck of supply. Mediocre/story cars are getting top dollar in the adage of "a rising tide lifts all ships".
Now, there is something to be said on the other side for "if you want it, don't haggle" - I tell buyers this all the time. Don't lose the right car for a few bucks. But goodness gracious, people have got to stop overpaying for story cars without doing any homework. Or you know what, don't. Keep doing it, and then when the supply/demand curves normalize and buyers start having a little bit of power again, the blue chip cars will hold their value and everyone else will get stuck with their shorts down (mostly dealers, in this case, but the Porsche community is not immune).
I'm not an old guy, but I remember two resets on the GT market, big ones, in the last 12 years. Tread carefully, make an informed decision, buy the car you want for a price you're happy with, but don't feed the bear.

/RANT

Last edited by switchcars; 06-17-2021 at 12:47 PM.
The following 17 users liked this post by switchcars:
696 (06-17-2021), Booth9999 (06-17-2021), GT-HP (06-17-2021), indigo4298 (06-17-2021), jackb911 (06-17-2021), Joe Cho (06-17-2021), jreifler (06-17-2021), lawrence1 (06-17-2021), monk46 (06-17-2021), nochain19 (06-23-2021), Pcar81 (06-21-2021), RapidGT (06-17-2021), Seedster (06-21-2021), ShortApproach (06-17-2021), smceo (06-18-2021), vtgt (06-20-2021), zshecht7792 (06-17-2021) and 12 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-17-2021 | 10:40 AM
zshecht7792
Rennlist Member

As always, you the man Doug!

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...