Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LG= douche bag city this weekend
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
If that was the red camaro, then yes. Major douche nozzle. That's one grade worse than being the bag
Old 02-04-2013, 01:43 AM
ShootingStar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By LG...

You mean a certain owner of a certain Corvette centered shop?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 AM
TrackToyz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deputydog95
CRX was quick. When are you going to post video/data on that lap? Surprised you were slower in the GT3. Especially since the tires were comparable.
Hankook RS3 on the CRX are a bit better than the PSS on the GT3, but the real answer is a combination of lack of seat time in the P-car, and willingness to take it as close to edge as I am with the disposable CRX. I have 10x invested the GT3 versus the CRX, and no track day insurance, as it is mostly my cone dodger, not primary track toy. And finally, I've done no setup work yet on the GT3. It was very nervous at COTA, though not at TWS or Harris Hill (my home track). Still learning to speak Porsche...

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Great driving. Where's the data???
Data logger crapped out on me at TWS. Had to use my iPhone as a lap timer. Shopping now for a whole new video/data system. Tired of my antiques...
Old 02-04-2013, 07:38 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Great 4 days and 2 completely different tracks. TWS is old and crusty and a hoot to drive. If you wanted ice mode just jump on the brakes. It really rewarded smooth braking.

COTA had to grow on me and I am glad we had 3 days because the red flags could get frustrating at times. As usual I don't set records but I am happy with my performance. Met a lot of RL and it was great to put faces to names.

I wouldn't make another 1250 mile drive for COTA but if I was in the area I would go again.

Peter
Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Hey guys bitching about point byes in the Red group during the 1st couple of sessions get over it. It's a frickin new track and you couldn't pass in Turns for the 1st 2 sessions plus session 1 you couldn't see the track in places because of the sun.

Peter
Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

dcrooke - you were a bully the first day. Passed in corners even in places not allowed in the Advance group, blew by red flags, black flags, and passed after checkered flags. I understand your frustration but until somebody pays to you to drive COTA, relax and enjoy. Have fun, why we were there.
The red group did have 5 slow drivers, +3 min on the laps, grid in the back for them and you pass them after 4 laps. Ex, I was exciting 18 at 95mph, while the white and the blue mustangs were doing 65. That is interstate speed!!!! Next time your are behind somebody slow, be productive; hey there are people watching around the track, wonder what they are doing? Flag, they must be cheering me on!! So many pretty colors, wonder what they mean, and also, leave space, look for entry points, apex, throttle application point, references, etc etc.
Luckily I was fast enough that you only passed me once on Sat after you had pitted :-). I also made sure I lined up about four-five cars behind you in the grid.
FYI, my 2005 GT3 hit rev limiter 8100 rpm in 4 th gear on back strait, speedo read 151. :-))))
All the best
Tor

Last edited by tgavem; 02-04-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
He's done the same stuff at Chin Sebring events but it's been a long time since he's DE'd at Sebring.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by X2daC
By LG...

You mean a certain owner of a certain Corvette centered shop?
Yep
Old 02-04-2013, 09:22 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Y'all should've heard the convos b/w LG and the Greek along with another one with kyrocks
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Automatic too?

Clearly this track favors horsepower over handling. I guess this will become a favorite track for those that enjoy horsepower to hide their poor driving skills.
Not sure why you think that....the track has high speed sections but it is a very technical track, and will keep you busy most of the time, I have not seen as many GT3/RS in one event, I think half the blue was GT boys, some were very quick, the best time my car did in the hands of A Porsche pro on Hoosiers was 2:29ish with two ppl in,and I was sweating at 2:33.....so I do admire the folks that ran under 2:30...
I heard before I got there that COTA is easy on the tires, translation :The surface of the track is slippery and needs more events to wear and grip.
as far as the 996 gt3, which belongs to a friend , it is done, we still don't know why, he told me that someone behind him named Randy has a video of it, Chris and I came looking for the video at the end of the day but he was gone...so if you are here can you please post that clip.....
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Enjoyed meeting all the RL's this weekend. Wish I had felt better. Only stayed for about half the sessions. The track never flowed for me but maybe with more time it would. Glad I went but doubt I would drive that far for COTA. Too technical for me. Or maybe I'm just not technical enough. TWS on the other hand is a blast to drive. Thanks for Mark and Charles for getting these two events for happening.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:57 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,065 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackToyz
Data logger crapped out on me at TWS. Had to use my iPhone as a lap timer. Shopping now for a whole new video/data system. Tired of my antiques...
Call me, I have six different choices and a LOT of satisfied customers. Just ask jbossolo about his good experience at COTA this past weekend.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-04-2013, 10:04 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,065 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
the best time my car did in the hands of A Porsche pro on Hoosiers was 2:29ish with two ppl in,and I was sweating at 2:33.....so I do admire the folks that ran under 2:30...
Yep, that was the "fast guy" average (2:27-2:31). The track is slower than you think in several corners, so the key effort should be placed on getting the car turned first.

My two clients that practiced on the sim, studied the CAD drawings and reviewed the ratios for all the various corner speeds for the Conti Test Day, Challenge and F1 guys with me went REALLY well. John did 2:30 in his pretty C6 Z06 and Gary did a mid 2:25 with his ACR-X, neither of these being race cars, both with license plates...
Old 02-04-2013, 10:13 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
Not sure why you think that....the track has high speed sections but it is a very technical track, and will keep you busy most of the time, I have not seen as many GT3/RS in one event, I think half the blue was GT boys, some were very quick, the best time my car did in the hands of A Porsche pro on Hoosiers was 2:29ish with two ppl in,and I was sweating at 2:33.....so I do admire the folks that ran under 2:30...
I heard before I got there that COTA is easy on the tires, translation :The surface of the track is slippery and needs more events to wear and grip.
as far as the 996 gt3, which belongs to a friend , it is done, we still don't know why, he told me that someone behind him named Randy has a video of it, Chris and I came looking for the video at the end of the day but he was gone...so if you are here can you please post that clip.....
I agree with malmasri. Only 2 straights really favored horsepower. Other than those turns, it was a paradise for cars that would whip around corners. Multiple turns where I had to go down to 2nd gear. The miatas had fun with me through the horseshoes.

I could get a 2:28 but its really slippery on a R Comp such as a RA1
, NT01, or Cup. The track LOVES Hoosiers and slicks. Monumental difference.

Quick Reply: COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list