Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 593 Posts

Same website Doug mentions has a stunning white 2012 GTS cab manual 27k miles $135k build for $80k. Not cheap....and I have mixed feelings on the white on the dash parts, but very special

https://www.pcarautogallery.com/2012...-gts-c-253.htm

Those guys get cool sh*t.
The following users liked this post:
prost893 (04-03-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 01:05 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
This is the thread to help other people by getting information. Whatever it is, wherever it comes from, I'm thankful for it. And the reason I help is I found my last car purchase HERE. I see frauds, I point them out. I see anything pertinent, I point it out. Because it's fun, or maybe I find something I can't live without. New people appreciate help and this is a great thread that involves people with experience, including you. And everyone deserves a hand that contributes. You do a great job of that.

Had you gotten the information it would be "insightful" or "helpful". If someone else does, they are "obsessive" and "taking the thread down a rabbit hole". Whatever it is that drives you to take little, petty, personal shots at people here is so strange ....especially for a guy that at least from appearance, is successful. Some people enjoy the sport of trying to be top dog. I find it embarrassing. I mean...25 years ago I got into that sh*t during USENET newsgroup days. But I'm older now, and hopefully a little bit wiser. And it doesn't feel good to insult people. It's fun in the moment, but there's afterburn.

I'm glad you're here Doug, and that you track down so many listings, sharing your knowledge. I suspect you've helped somebody either buy a great car or avoid a crappy one.
Wow, you know it's funny. I was tempted to say something to support the community aspect in lieu of self-aggrandizement, but you said it far better than I would've. You clearly didn't need my back up! Thank you for your stoic and unoffended high-road response.

Let me add that your posts have indeed been instructional and insightful, for me and many others, with nary a rabbit hole in sight (aside from the labeling thereof!) . I am actively in the market, though recent events have quelled the former enthusiasm, somewhat, and find this thread more useful than ever.

I just recently forfeited a deposit on a car (911-50, not a 997) due to my desire to get the best 997.2 I can find. With this thread's guidance from one and all, I feel I'm better informed and more prepared. Not to mention the incredible scouts out there spotting cars I'd never see otherwise. Carry on!
The following 2 users liked this post by Adams:
chekraze (04-02-2020), Unframed (04-05-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 01:35 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Adams
Wow, you know it's funny. I was tempted to say something to support the community aspect in lieu of self-aggrandizement, but you said it far better than I would've. You clearly didn't need my back up! Thank you for your stoic and unoffended high-road response.

Let me add that your posts have indeed been instructional and insightful, for me and many others, with nary a rabbit hole in sight (aside from the labeling thereof!) . I am actively in the market, though recent events have quelled the former enthusiasm, somewhat, and find this thread more useful than ever.

I just recently forfeited a deposit on a car (911-50, not a 997) due to my desire to get the best 997.2 I can find. With this thread's guidance from one and all, I feel I'm better informed and more prepared. Not to mention the incredible scouts out there spotting cars I'd never see otherwise. Carry on!
The irony in this is what he said was way more of a personal snub than anything I said, but does it really matter? This is just mindless entertainment for a group that tends to be narcissistic and egotistical in nature. None of my truly healthy, mentally stable and happy friends hang out in forums or on social media. Lol, I guess that says a lot about me . . . If you don't like what I post or my delivery, don't read it and move on . . . Calling me or trying to change me ain't going to work. Just ask my wife.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:48 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug H
The irony in this is what he said was way more of a personal snub than anything I said, but does it really matter? This is just mindless entertainment for a group that tends to be narcissistic and egotistical in nature. None of my truly healthy, mentally stable and happy friends hang out in forums or on social media. Lol, I guess that says a lot about me . . .

I got it Doug. I know it's personal play. My problem is that I can have a tendency to do it back which is kind of fun but always ends poorly for my head as I have in the past gone overboard. That's why I no longer go to audio forums at all. People say some sh*t just because they can, and they want to take on anyone that has a name or business in the industry and be controversial. If I act in kind, now I'm the dick. It's a no-win situation.

I'll try to not be sensitive. You post so many cars I don't know how you get any work done.
Doug H (04-02-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 01:55 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

. . . You post so many cars I don't know how you get any work done.
Retired March 9, 2019, at 51.
prost893 (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 05:00 PM
prost893
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Same website Doug mentions has a stunning white 2012 GTS cab manual 27k miles $135k build for $80k. Not cheap....and I have mixed feelings on the white on the dash parts, but very special

No kidding they have some great stuff. That vert GTS interior is gorgeous. Wish that was in my car!
Doug H (04-02-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 12:55 PM
TheTorch
Burning Brakes

Received 398 Likes on 275 Posts

GTS with PDK: $69,997. I have no affiliation other than I bought my C4S from Ron and it was as advertised and has been rock solid mechanically.

https://barnabaautosport.com/vdp/159...avia--IL-60510
Doug H (04-02-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by prost893
No kidding they have some great stuff. That vert GTS interior is gorgeous. Wish that was in my car!
That's the first time I've seen Espresso leather on a 997.2!
Had no idea it was even an option....
The following 2 users liked this post by Abe Froman:
Doug H (04-02-2020), prost893 (04-03-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TheTorch
GTS with PDK: $69,997. I have no affiliation other than I bought my C4S from Ron and it was as advertised and has been rock solid mechanically.

https://barnabaautosport.com/vdp/159...avia--IL-60510
Nice, but pricing might be a touch with high 50k miles and an aero kit that was not factory installed. Then again, Ceramics and sport suspension so perhaps a great price. What do you guys think about the interior trim pieces painted black. I kind of think it looks a little worse with the black gloss finish. I think carbon fibre would be the route to take on these parts.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:56 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug H
Nice, but pricing might be a touch with high 50k miles and an aero kit that was not factory installed. Then again, Ceramics and sport suspension so perhaps a great price. What do you guys think about the interior trim pieces painted black. I kind of think it looks a little worse with the black gloss finish. I think carbon fibre would be the route to take on these parts.

I don't know...I kind of like it, but it may look to pimpdaddymac. I'm down with it. But the fingerprints.......I dunno

It's a real bitchin' car. Love the Aero Package.

It does have the dreaded Sports Suspension instead of the bespoke one.....

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Old 04-02-2020, 02:23 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't know...I kind of like it, but it may look to pimpdaddymac. I'm down with it. But the fingerprints.......I dunno

It's a real bitchin' car. Love the Aero Package.

It does have the dreaded Sports Suspension instead of the bespoke one.....

JUST KIDDING!!!!
It looks cool...nice to see uncommon options. I think it would look better if they had gone with white trim and had the door handles in black. They also paid to have black headlight washers which is an odd choice since the silver or white blend better.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:25 PM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very temping!

Based on the description, your car seems to be well priced. I'd (we'd) be curious to know what happens as a gauge of the current market.

I would be interested, but after two 997.2s, I'm looking to go back to the G-series that started my addiction.

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
Selling my 2009 c2s manual, triple black, ~28,000 miles, first and only owner, never tracked or abused, sport Chrono, sports seats, spacers, Bose, Nav, Sat radio.....No accidents, completely stock except for tint. Making room for Spyder.
Babied for 11 yrs
First $50k takes it , before going to the dealer in Atl area.
Would have asker $55k last month.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:21 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Here's a 2007 911 Turbo coupe manual, silver w/ blue interior, 28k miles, for $76k. https://www.porscheelpaso.com/invent...ad29977s783497

That tempts me. Had a silver with blue interior 996 and it was a beautiful combo. But this car has almost ZERO options except parking sensors
Old 04-04-2020, 02:24 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

What do you guys think about this white 2007 Turbo? It's bad-*** looking...that's for sure. Price is not cheap....but ......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143571360059
Old 04-04-2020, 04:17 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
Selling my 2009 c2s manual, triple black, ~28,000 miles, first and only owner, never tracked or abused, sport Chrono, sports seats, spacers, Bose, Nav, Sat radio.....No accidents, completely stock except for tint. Making room for Spyder.
Babied for 11 yrs
First $50k takes it , before going to the dealer in Atl area.
Would have asker $55k last month.

I don't know much about your car but from what you said this appears to be a very good deal. If I were in the market for a black manual S I would jump all over this. Do you have a for sale ad up somewhere with pics? GLWS

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)