Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018 | 12:41 AM
jayson
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vincent713
I really LOVE the C4, its got the sexy wide hips. I wonder how much longer will this car runs without a major break down.
Probably would want to crack it open for a new IMS and inspection of the cylinders/bearings in the not too distant future.
Old 05-01-2018 | 12:54 AM
jayson
Rennlist Member

Pretty good deal if you don't mind the tan interior.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=911
Old 05-01-2018 | 01:02 AM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jayson
Probably would want to crack it open for a new IMS and inspection of the cylinders/bearings in the not too distant future.
If that was the case then the asking price is not worth it IMO.
Old 05-01-2018 | 01:18 AM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

This could be a good deal for a convertible lovers. It has my favorite factory rims. Can someone tell me what the warning on the tachometer means?

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...559047744.html
Old 05-01-2018 | 04:37 AM
GarretLake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vincent713
This could be a good deal for a convertible lovers. It has my favorite factory rims. Can someone tell me what the warning on the tachometer means?

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...559047744.html
gas is low
Old 05-01-2018 | 07:53 AM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HiAperture
Funny, I have always liked Macadamia since I first saw it on a 997 many years ago. Every time one comes up for sale, people insist the color will hold it back, but in my observation Macadamia cars get snatched up very quickly.

when I was shopping for my GTS (about 30 months ago), I watched 2 macadamia GTS sit for sale at dealerships for nearly a year. Both ended up far below the pricing of other similarly equipped GTS. $10k difference just because nobody wanted the color. I was very tempted as getting one of them would have had me in under budget. One of these in particular I remember being about $61k with only 19k miles and better equipped than mine.
Old 05-01-2018 | 09:02 AM
HiAperture
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fined
when I was shopping for my GTS (about 30 months ago), I watched 2 macadamia GTS sit for sale at dealerships for nearly a year. Both ended up far below the pricing of other similarly equipped GTS. $10k difference just because nobody wanted the color. I was very tempted as getting one of them would have had me in under budget. One of these in particular I remember being about $61k with only 19k miles and better equipped than mine.
Interesting, I guess pricing aggressiveness plays a factor. This car for instance sold within a few days of being listed. I think the pricing was fair based on the miles and prior accident alone, but the color didn't hold it back either if that was factored into the price.
http://www.parkplaceltd.com/used-car...AB29979S722515

This base model Cayman brought great money for the specs on Bring a Trailer a few weeks ago as well. Also an 11' C2 with 30k miles sold in three weeks asking $48k on Autotrader. So maybe opinion on the color is shifting. I sure wish I could find a GTS for $61k with 19k miles!
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...sche-cayman-4/
Old 05-01-2018 | 01:47 PM
HiAperture
Instructor

Just venting some frustration and didn't see a point making a whole thread. Saw a car I wanted come up on cars.com with no photos Saturday, contacted the dealer, was told they would have it ready for photos Monday. Told them I didn't need to wait until Monday if they could take some cell phone photos and send me the carfax. They made me make them an offer first, then basically told me they would only take asking, and still never provided me the info I asked for. I re-iterated I needed more info, checked back with them again Monday, was told it still wasn't ready. They just texted me today that it sold.
Old 05-01-2018 | 02:26 PM
jayson
Rennlist Member

Just venting some frustration and didn't see a point making a whole thread. Saw a car I wanted come up on cars.com with no photos Saturday, contacted the dealer, was told they would have it ready for photos Monday. Told them I didn't need to wait until Monday if they could take some cell phone photos and send me the carfax. They made me make them an offer first, then basically told me they would only take asking, and still never provided me the info I asked for. I re-iterated I needed more info, checked back with them again Monday, was told it still wasn't ready. They just texted me today that it sold.
I’ve had similar experiences. I think sometimes they know when a car will sell fast to one or their existing customers so they don’t put in much effort.

Old 05-01-2018 | 03:46 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Default Name the Dealer

Please name the dealer and I can mark them as another I wont do business with..

e
Old 05-01-2018 | 03:57 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Sounds like the sales guy you talked to, made a deal with a bud to get the car for himself. I would go talk to the GM of the dealership. Looks like an inside deal all the way.
Old 05-01-2018 | 04:19 PM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

Talking

Originally Posted by GarretLake

gas is low
Thanks for the clarification and making me feel really really stupid LOL
Old 05-01-2018 | 04:33 PM
HiAperture
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Please name the dealer and I can mark them as another I wont do business with..
Originally Posted by DC911S
Sounds like the sales guy you talked to, made a deal with a bud to get the car for himself. I would go talk to the GM of the dealership. Looks like an inside deal all the way.
I emailed the manager, and will at least see if and how they respond. I will say it was not a Porsche brand dealership.

*Edit* The manager of the dealership told me it was a listing error and the exact car/price that I inquired about was never available. Not sure that is really what happened, but I will give him credit for taking the time to write me back with a courteous email.

Last edited by HiAperture; 05-01-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2018 | 05:06 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

I feel your pain. That happened to me during my search with 3 dealerships; 2 in Texas and 1 in Chicago. They weren't Porsche dealerships, they were "exotic" car dealerships. My search became an "early bird gets the worm" so when I saw a new listing, I was on it. These particular ones were fresh listings so they had a non detailed description with generic 997 catalog pics. This meant that the car was either on it's way from another dealership or from an auction. Unless I came with a list offer, they wouldn't entertain anything else. Then the car would be sold within the following day.
Old 05-01-2018 | 11:07 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

I emailed the manager, and will at least see if and how they respond. I will say it was not a Porsche brand dealership.

*Edit* The manager of the dealership told me it was a listing error and the exact car/price that I inquired about was never available. Not sure that is really what happened, but I will give him credit for taking the time to write me back with a courteous email.
Put out feelers with your local PCA group. It is a great way to get a car for cheaper than dealer retail, and the seller gets way more than trade-in. It is a win-win! In my club, it seems that a nice car comes up for sale every few months.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)