Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 10:12 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Picked up calipers from powder coating - orange glow. Looks more orange than in the photo. Pleased!

Old 03-23-2018, 10:13 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 962 Posts

Cant wait to see them mounted on car
Old 03-23-2018, 10:18 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,518 Likes on 4,152 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBruce
My day was complete. I got a good report card from Blackstone in the morning and then chased down a murdered out 997.2 Turbo S on the 101...only to find two blondes inside. It was straight out of National Lampoons Vacation.
Where's the dash can video of the blondes in the Turbo S?
Old 03-24-2018, 02:46 PM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 133 Posts

Replaced the pads and added gt3 brake ducts.

Note: Ferodo rear FRP3095H do not have location for pad sensors. Might be another option from them that does.

Fronts were fine and what a nice pad. Feels much better than stock.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:52 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Put a new set of Pilot Sport 4S on all 4 corners. What a difference new tires makes. The previous PS2s were down to the cords in the rear
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2018, 06:02 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by henryting
My 997.2 just reached 50K and I figured its time to retire the stock mounts. Bought a pair of RSS Tarmac and it was an easy job. Yes, the car now sounds a bit noisier with some buzzing during idling. I'll try to isolate the source of the buzzing. On the other hand, these mounts make the car feel more integrated. No longer felt like a dog chasing its tail. I love it.
After living with the new mounts for a few days, here's my observation on these RSS mounts. It indeed emit a very distinct sound from the engine bay. My 997.2 stock mounts kind of muff the sound, but these semi-solid mounts change that sound to be more raspy, and this is very noticeable whether the car is idling or under full throttle. Its the sound I much prefer. It makes my 997 more in tune with a sports car personality. So the difference between stock and these mounts is that you feel the engine's mechanical sound/vibration more and whether you like it or not is a personal matter. I like that distinct raspy mechanical sensation that was lacking with the stock mounts.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:40 PM
SWO Daddy
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Installed LAPower unit giving PCM 2.1 Bluetooth, aux input and SD card capability. Works with the cars fiber optic MOST loop like Dension unit but at about a quarter of the cost. Very happy with it.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:20 AM
Omnigeek
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default new tires

We've been having a rather warm winter so I chose to order new Michelin Pilot Sport 4Ses and had them mounted on the summer rims yesterday. This morning, I swapped winter for summer and drove around a bit. Really like the 4Ses -- smooth quiet ride and great traction.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:30 AM
matt997
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

2009 997.2 S. Dead OEM battery. Replaced with Walmart brand. H7 group size. Perfect fit. Made 3/18, felt like I hit the lottery there. $150, 5 year warranty, 800 CCA. Car started right up. PASM, PSM, Dynamic headlight and entry mode errors. All errors gone after driving maybe 50 feet. Heated, cooled seats worked without issue. Heated steering wheel no issue. Radio presets retained. OEM 90* vent tube reused on new battery on left side. New battery came with light gray plug for right side. New battery is 5 pounds lighter. Yay...

​​​​​​​

Old 03-25-2018, 12:46 AM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice. Nothing wrong with WalMart for batteries. Open late too! Lol.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:16 AM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Got my GTS in January, had some projects lined up (mostly fun stuff) and this weekend completed the last one. Since getting the car:

1. Got Fuchs replicas (Tire Rack) with black spokes to replace my Carrera Sports. Part of the reason I jumped on this GTS was bolt on wheels, not CLs like my other one.
2. Added wheel spacers to match OEM offset and Titanium lug bolts.
3. Removed exhaust 'eyebrow' thing and exposed my polished tail pipes.
4. Added mini 'Porsche' crest on PDK ****
5. Added Misha tail. A fairly significant pain in the tail (for me) to install. I'll do a separate write up later, but removing the moveable wing parts, doing the wiring harness, covering the holes in the OEM panel, getting correct fasteners, adjusting fit 'just right', drilling hinges to 'drop' the front edge of the tail... all took its toll in time. Oh, and getting it painted too. Plus new grills. But the paint made for an excuse to...
6. Removed side valance, front spoiler, rear spats behind wheels, got them all painted Carrara white 'chip guard'.
7. Cut radiator screens for center and two side grill openings.
8. Removed nearly solid black tint. Just drove me crazy. Factory tint is fine by me.
9. Installed clear side marker lights.
10. Cleaned the living heck out of the car.

Honestly, this was all pretty fun stuff, kept me busy. Drove the car for the first time today with new tail etc all on it, really like the transformation, at least to my eye. Was going for about a 75% Carrera Classic look. I could not have done this without great input, ideas, and advice from this forum.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:22 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,518 Likes on 4,152 Posts

Originally Posted by Adams
Got my GTS in January, had some projects lined up (mostly fun stuff) and this weekend completed the last one. Since getting the car:

1. Got Fuchs replicas (Tire Rack) with black spokes to replace my Carrera Sports. Part of the reason I jumped on this GTS was bolt on wheels, not CLs like my other one.
5. Added Misha tail. A fairly significant pain in the tail (for me) to install. I'll do a separate write up later, but removing the moveable wing parts, doing the wiring harness, covering the holes in the OEM panel, getting correct fasteners, adjusting fit 'just right', drilling hinges to 'drop' the front edge of the tail... all took its toll in time. Oh, and getting it painted too. Plus new grills. But the paint made for an excuse to...
6. Removed side valance, front spoiler, rear spats behind wheels, got them all painted Carrara white 'chip guard'.
8. Removed nearly solid black tint. Just drove me crazy. Factory tint is fine by me.

Honestly, this was all pretty fun stuff, kept me busy. Drove the car for the first time today with new tail etc all on it, really like the transformation, at least to my eye. Was going for about a 75% Carrera Classic look. I could not have done this without great input, ideas, and advice from this forum.

Turned out great and also loving the rest of the stable with the air cooled 3.2 and a Pantera, along with the R8 & E-type (is the E-type the V12) - my cousin had a '70 - great diversity there in front, mid, & rear engine & cylinder count.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:12 AM
SWO Daddy
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice work
Old 03-26-2018, 09:24 AM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 209 Likes on 141 Posts

My wife and I took measurements/drew up the sketch for the replacement interior upholstery for the back of the car. I had pulled out all the upholstery from the rear, pulled the subwoofer, and rear side panels from the interior. Seems like about 30-40lbs or so from the rear. Perhaps closer to 50lbs if you include the rear seat backs and cushions as well.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:24 PM
Chris Ferrell
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Adams;14896346]Got my GTS in January, had some projects lined up (mostly fun stuff) and this weekend completed the last one. Since getting the car:

[QUOTE]
Nicely done! That looks great.

If you want to see your exhaust 'eyebrow' thing.. let me know

The white on black looks so good

Last edited by Chris Ferrell; 03-26-2018 at 12:25 PM. Reason: QUOTE wrong format

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?