Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 02:58 PM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts

Drove it about 5 hours this past weekend. Always a pleasure.
A red Ferrari Daytona was following me on I-40. It was quite a sight.

Yves
Old 05-09-2016, 04:39 PM
jeffm
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Ni_Mo
Ordered this, shouldn't have to get it resprayed as seller described as excellent, so a bonus, also waiting for my turbo DRL's & she's almost done, for now . I might get the grills painted to the aluminum look to have some contrast, will see.
Nice!

Scored the same for under 200 bucks. After some clean up, I don't think I'll even have to get it painted. LED turn signals are on their way and picked up OEM fogs for $100.

After

Before
Old 05-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Ni_Mo
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffm
Nice!

Scored the same for under 200 bucks. After some clean up, I don't think I'll even have to get it painted. LED turn signals are on their way and picked up OEM fogs for $100.

After

Before
Great minds think alike , jeffm you got that super cheap! Did you go for OEM LED's? I went for after market which are meant to be plug & play and double up as DRL's!
Old 05-09-2016, 05:08 PM
jeffm
Racer

Great minds think alike , jeffm you got that super cheap! Did you go for OEM LED's? I went for after market which are meant to be plug & play and double up as DRL's!
I'm excited to get the project done and will let you know how it goes...good luck with yours.

Yes, I too went with the after market LED turn/daytime lights. My understanding is the same, in that there will be no error codes.

Overall, bumper looks great. Some scuff marks down low by the air intake openings, but for now I believe touch up paint will be ok.

I'll update my avatar once I have it all installed
Old 05-09-2016, 05:28 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

I'm excited to get the project done and will let you know how it goes...good luck with yours.

Yes, I too went with the after market LED turn/daytime lights. My understanding is the same, in that there will be no error codes.

Overall, bumper looks great. Some scuff marks down low by the air intake openings, but for now I believe touch up paint will be ok.

there are old threads here and on 6spd where there has been members who have done the turbo front end conversion. the oem front LEDs 997.2 (maybe 991 even) and earlier have their voltage translations done inside the LED itself (unlike the larger rear LED taillights) so provided you have the correct wiring nailed down there should be no errors.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:16 PM
strickrn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checked the wear dimples in my front rotors....
19k miles. Wear dimples still showing on the left most side of the image.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:50 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

did you polish out that left gash/scratch?
Old 05-10-2016, 01:44 AM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Deftly avoided what looked like a small plastic step stool on the freeway at the very last moment. I saw it up ahead about 150m, sitting right on the lane marking, but then the truck ahead of me went to pass the truck ahead of him, and he managed to hit it and kick it into my lane. Soon as I jinked around it, I saw the small hatchback behind me hit the thing again.

Later, I found myself in a newish industrial area with lots of smooth roads, so some fun WOT moments there.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:19 AM
Makosurf
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Feeling pretty good about myself on Mulholland until a 918 came out of nowhere, I looked in my mirror to see what is was and he went around me like I was standing still. That car is a MONSTER!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:56 AM
jeffm
Racer

Originally Posted by myw
did you polish out that left gash/scratch?
Hand polished the scratch as it was superficial and not as bad as originally appeared. I used 3M Finesse-it II Finishing Material. Bought a huge bottle of it years ago...some of the best stuff I've ever used.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 110 Posts

Swapped the stock 997TT rear sway bar for the one on the GT2RS:

Old 05-10-2016, 02:27 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I very much like the shape of the 997 which is why I bought one but it looked too much like a 'successful dentist's car'.

Like you said, to each his own, love the 911R and the lack of a wing but the 991s are designed differently compared to the 997 body style therefore I feel the wing makes the 997 look 'complete'. Not a fan of the movable wing...wish it was a whale tail cause that's the wing I would love.

Originally Posted by ADias
It's interesting to see people's choices. One of the reasons for the 911R is to eliminate the large RS fixed wing in a car with RS performance to be used on the street. Ferrari does not sell street cars with large wings as a matter of principle. Some P-car fans do not want GTx cars due to large/visible fixed wings.

But... pick what you like.

But I argue... the 911 shape (up to and including the 997) is classic/timeless and certainly not jelly-bean-like.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Ni_Mo
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Will be interesting to see if both units will be plug and play & not throw any codes, what about the lower lip? I think mine will take a little longer as I'm going to have the grills sprayed to get the aluminum look.

Michael I'll be contacting you for sure if I do get any codes
Originally Posted by myw
there are old threads here and on 6spd where there has been members who have done the turbo front end conversion. the oem front LEDs 997.2 (maybe 991 even) and earlier have their voltage translations done inside the LED itself (unlike the larger rear LED taillights) so provided you have the correct wiring nailed down there should be no errors.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:21 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

bravo!

Hand polished the scratch as it was superficial and not as bad as originally appeared. I used 3M Finesse-it II Finishing Material. Bought a huge bottle of it years ago...some of the best stuff I've ever used.
no problem. now i've never done a turbo led re-wire before but i do recall a black c2/c2s on the forums that did.... make sure to hunt for that thread before cutting and splicing!

Michael I'll be contacting you for sure if I do get any codes
Old 05-10-2016, 10:08 PM
MEBound
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rain and thunderstorms today, so I replaced the air and pollen filters.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?