Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 07:59 PM
Biggiglypanda
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Biggiglypanda;18581493]
Originally Posted by _targa4life
Did the XM adapter cable come with the unit? Also, do you know what else is needed to use XM radio with this unit?

what wire plugs suppose to go on #9? Is this just open on none bose system?

Isn’t this brown plug suppose to be here? My system is non bose. I think its the premium plus with 9 speakers and ask amplifier in the frunk

Old 01-19-2023, 08:07 PM
Biggiglypanda
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brown plug

Sorry guys. Its my first time in Rennlist and still learning how to post. I installed my pccm+ today and checking on youtube videos on pccm+ install i noticed nothing is plug on this slot

is this brown plug not supposed to be here? It fits exactly to the slot.

What is the brown plug for?

My car is a non bose system. It’s the premium plus with 9 speakers and ask amplifier on the frunk
Old 01-19-2023, 09:09 PM
Carfan1
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

The installer has had my Porsche since Tuesday. I was told it would be ready yesterday but the guy forgot to install a "flat" USB cable that attaches to the front of the unit and then goes between the Unit and the HVAC. So I had to wait till today. Today when I got there I discovered the guy had placed the GPS on the roof of the car after I specifically said I wanted it hidden. I came back this evening and they said everything was working fine and the GPS was hidden. But everything wasn't. Errors now appear on the driver information screen -- look at the image. What could this mean? Is it possible that they never used the configure settings after installing? Or does it mean something else. The installer said initially that I'd brought the car in that way but I reminded him that when I dropped in yesterday and I turned the car on and even though the unit wasn't in place it was operational and no errors were on the informational screen.

The alert alternates between the left and right beam.

Old 01-19-2023, 09:29 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggiglypanda
Sorry guys. Its my first time in Rennlist and still learning how to post. I installed my pccm+ today and checking on youtube videos on pccm+ install i noticed nothing is plug on this slot

My car is a non bose system. It’s the premium plus with 9 speakers and ask amplifier on the frunk
Yes. Brown wiring harness goes there. I have a non Bose system and it works fine by plugging in the brown harness.

Regards,
The following 2 users liked this post by csmab:
Biggiglypanda (01-20-2023), myw (01-21-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 09:30 PM
Carrera01
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Carfan1
The installer has had my Porsche since Tuesday. I was told it would be ready yesterday but the guy forgot to install a "flat" USB cable that attaches to the front of the unit and then goes between the Unit and the HVAC. So I had to wait till today. Today when I got there I discovered the guy had placed the GPS on the roof of the car after I specifically said I wanted it hidden. I came back this evening and they said everything was working fine and the GPS was hidden. But everything wasn't. Errors now appear on the driver information screen -- look at the image. What could this mean? Is it possible that they never used the configure settings after installing? Or does it mean something else. The installer said initially that I'd brought the car in that way but I reminded him that when I dropped in yesterday and I turned the car on and even though the unit wasn't in place it was operational and no errors were on the informational screen.

The alert alternates between the left and right beam.
What flat USB cable that attaches to the front of the unit? There is not one of these in the kit. And attempting to install the GPS antenna on the roof? it is not an external antenna
Old 01-19-2023, 09:41 PM
ishmclaughlin
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

where's the best place to buy one of these units at the moment? I am seeing some advertised for sale online, but at the same time seeing vendors in this thread saying "sold out" or on backorder. also skeptical of some of the sites I've seen.

997 just arrived... can't wait to get carplay...!
Old 01-19-2023, 09:50 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 149 Posts

The antenna module definitely isnt there in my 987...hmm. Now to track down where it could be....

i installed the antenna loop and now it works

Old 01-19-2023, 10:06 PM
Carfan1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Carrera01
What flat USB cable that attaches to the front of the unit? There is not one of these in the kit. And attempting to install the GPS antenna on the roof? it is not an external antenna
I ordered a flat USB cable -- USB A to USB C from MicroCenter. I did this because the PCCM plus only has a front USB port. I didn't want the hanging cord. So I had them place the flat one in between the PCCM plus and the HVAC so that I could plug a AA Wireless dongle out of site on one end and into the USB A port in the front. And contrary to naysayers who said the PCCM Plus would crush the cable and prevent it from working, I can say that it seems to work perfectly.

But the errors now are the issue. Has anyone seen this error before?
Old 01-19-2023, 10:20 PM
Carrera01
Intermediate

I ordered a flat USB cable -- USB A to USB C from MicroCenter. I did this because the PCCM plus only has a front USB port. I didn't want the hanging cord. So I had them place the flat one in between the PCCM plus and the HVAC so that I could plug a AA Wireless dongle out of site on one end and into the USB A port in the front. And contrary to naysayers who said the PCCM Plus would crush the cable and prevent it from working, I can say that it seems to work perfectly.

Is that the only error message displayed? If so, could be a coincidence and you have a likely problem with the front right headlight. Reseating or replacing the bulb usually solves it etc
Old 01-19-2023, 10:27 PM
Carfan1
Advanced

It says both right and left. They alternate. And yes that's the only error. And they are BiXenons.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:41 PM
maxw
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

I believe 9 is the audio/speaker line outs at least for non-Bose systems (same as mine). It does need connected so you're good - you won't have sound without it connected.
The following users liked this post:
Biggiglypanda (01-20-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 10:54 PM
Carrera01
Intermediate

It says both right and left. They alternate. And yes that's the only error. And they are BiXenons.
Have you tried unplugging the flat cable at the front and checking again? If it continues ask the installer, did they do anything around the BiXenons - seems unusual both have the issue.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:04 PM
ryanla997
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

My shop was able to get the reverse camera working with my manual! Pictures and details to come.
The following 9 users liked this post by ryanla997:
Biggiglypanda (01-20-2023), brudomen (01-30-2023), Carfan1 (01-20-2023), G.I.G. (01-20-2023), myw (01-20-2023), Nova997 (01-20-2023), signde (01-20-2023), Summerjack (03-04-2023), veloaudio2 (01-19-2023) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-19-2023, 11:05 PM
maxw
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm curios to see a picture of what this looks like with the flat cable if you're able to share.

Regarding that error - I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the PCCM Plus. Perhaps your stereo guy did something while installing. Would search that error message here on Rennlist and see if other threads focused on that issue.. Just guessing here but may just want to try popping the headlights out and and back in - pretty easy to do - just to see if somehow their connections got loose.

Last edited by maxw; 01-19-2023 at 11:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-19-2023, 11:07 PM
Carfan1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Carrera01
Have you tried unplugging the flat cable at the front and checking again? If it continues ask the installer, did they do anything around the BiXenons - seems unusual both have the issue.
Haven't tried that. I had asked them to put me a new set of LED fog lamps in while they had it and they said that they weren't the right size. Maybe they inadvertently did something while attempting that?

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request