Old 01-10-2023 | 11:01 PM
ksamimi
Track Day

Car Audio Heaven, about $300
Old 01-11-2023 | 01:36 AM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

I noticed this on the suncoast site:

"With its design, which is optimally tailored to the youngtimer, the PCCM Plus fits seamlessly into the interior. In addition to operation via a 7-inch touchscreen with optimized display, functions such as DAB+ are embedded in the PCCM Plus. Apple CarPlay and GOOGLE® Android Auto can also be used for navigation, telephony and media playback via the integrated USB interface. Other playback options are via a USB stick or Bluetooth®. Depending on the equipment of your vehicle, the functions of the multifunction steering wheel or the individual memory for saving personal vehicle settings and the reversing camera are supported. Other functions include the on-board computer with many useful driving data and the on-board navigation with Porsche-specific points of interest (POI) with route guidance in 2D or 3D. The navigation display in the multifunction display of your vehicle is also made possible. The map material required for on-board navigation is contained on a separate SD card, which can be ordered separately from your Porsche Classic Partner or your Porsche Center."

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku997pccm.html

...but who really knows until people can get it to work.
Old 01-11-2023 | 07:07 AM
TerrestrialFlyte
Rennlist Member

Maybe just a lazy copy/paste from the Cayenne brochure for the PCCM+ since from what I understand it does have back up cam.
The following users liked this post:
jamesinger (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023 | 12:44 PM
JustinCase
Racer

An off-the-wall question to anyone who might accidentally have stumbled into this arcane knowledge: I installed a Cayenne Sirius/XM module on the MOST loop for my PCM 2.1 years ago. It was immediately recognized by the PCM using an extra push on the AM/FM button, was compatible with both the PCM and the dash messages, and has been working fine ever since. Does anyone know (a) whether the older Sirius/XM module will be similarly recognized by the PCCM+, and if not, (b) how is Sirius/XM handled with the PCCM+. Is it like the European DAB+, or is using your iPhone and going through CarPlay the only option? If it is not recognized, will I have to remove it or will it be ignored like the CD changer?
Old 01-11-2023 | 03:25 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Doing my install today, Base CDR24 no wiring to the Frunk. Anyone have any insight on what to prepare for?

Have an Install thread started in the AV forum if anyone is interested. Infancy stage but with a little support, it can be the go to for future installers of this unit.

https://rennlist.com/forums/audio-an...de-thread.html

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 01-11-2023 at 03:28 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
misterdega (01-11-2023), myw (01-12-2023), Nova997 (01-11-2023), skl2 (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023 | 04:22 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Just got off phone with Gaudin and they are shipping me the SD card. My unit arrives Friday. Hoping to do the install Monday. I have had the CDR out of my CS to install a PCM and Dension unit…hoping this is no more difficult than that! Will be watching the various install thread and chiming in as I go as well. Thanks to those of you who have gone before us!
Summerjack (03-04-2023)
Old 01-11-2023 | 10:49 PM
G.I.G.
Pro

Originally Posted by TerrestrialFlyte
Maybe just a lazy copy/paste from the Cayenne brochure for the PCCM+ since from what I understand it does have back up cam.
I suspect this is likely the case. I'm now of the opinion "I'll believe it when I see it", especially when it comes to manual cars.
Old 01-11-2023 | 10:54 PM
G.I.G.
Pro

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Doing my install today, Base CDR24 no wiring to the Frunk. Anyone have any insight on what to prepare for?

Have an Install thread started in the AV forum if anyone is interested. Infancy stage but with a little support, it can be the go to for future installers of this unit.

https://rennlist.com/forums/audio-an...de-thread.html
Awesome. Feel free to repost or cross-reference any of the posts I made here. I debated starting a new thread but I knew so many people were already following this thread that I would post here. In heinsight, I probably should have started a new thread but if people do a search, they should still be able to find the information they're looking for.

Do you have your old unit out yet? I don't think it will be all that different even though you don't have the BOSE. You will likely have to use that fiber optic bypass (the orange loop) to plug into the adaptor that goes on the black shelf. Other than that, it should be pretty straight forward. Especially if you don't install the mic (I'd recommend going without it unless you're going to be making a lot of calls from your car) and if you use a more straight forward GPS antenna placement than I did.
Old 01-12-2023 | 01:39 AM
misterdega
Rennlist Member

Anyone finding the audio for phone calls to be pretty low?

I want to have my audio be generally louder. I max it out at 30 but it seems barely audible while driving. 1
Summerjack (03-04-2023)
Old 01-12-2023 | 11:17 AM
G.I.G.
Pro

Originally Posted by misterdega
Anyone finding the audio for phone calls to be pretty low?

I want to have my audio be generally louder. I max it out at 30 but it seems barely audible while driving. 1
I remember seeing a setting where you can set individual volumes (tuner, bluetooth, phone, etc.). I think it was under the Sound menu. I haven't messed around with it yet, but I know the option is there.
misterdega (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023 | 01:28 PM
ryanla997
Track Day

Thanks Gig.

I was able to disable the external microphone. The internal microphone is so much better than the external microphone. My voice is much clearer during conversations and not muted. It also makes for a much cleaner appearance. Now I just have to figure out the reverse camera..
skl2 (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023 | 02:05 PM
misterdega
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryanla997
Thanks Gig.

I was able to disable the external microphone. The internal microphone is so much better than the external microphone. My voice is much clearer during conversations and not muted. It also makes for a much cleaner appearance. Now I just have to figure out the reverse camera..
how did you test? I may do the same...Is the built in mic much better?
Old 01-12-2023 | 02:08 PM
Wcube
Intermediate

Just ordered mine online from Gaudin. Super easy process, and free shipping included - they had both the PCCM Plus unit and the SD card in stock. Not sure how many they have left in stock now as they were selling quickly.
Old 01-12-2023 | 03:25 PM
ryanla997
Track Day

Originally Posted by misterdega
how did you test? I may do the same...Is the built in mic much better?
I had it originally installed with the external microphone. The sound quality (even when speaking directly into the microphone) was muted. I tested this by calling multiple people and then doing voice recordings on my phone. When I disabled the external microphone, I performed the same tests and the sound quality was dramatically better.
misterdega (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023 | 04:05 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

My local dealer can't get one yet so I order one from Gaudin also. Should have it next week. I care nothing about navigation so didn't order a card. I look at a map before I leave for somewhere and I memorize the route(maybe 90% of the time I'm fine). I have done it that way my whole life and don't want to lose it. Thanks for all the tips from everyone ahead of me!

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request