Received 221 Likes on 132 Posts

The following users liked this post:
17ram2500 (01-28-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 07:19 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,785 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by zachxlutz
When you say manual seats do you mean the forward/backwards part? because that is 100% manual on my car. Might be a drop in affair! Still researching these things. They seem fairly rare.
Yes, the forward/back adjustment. If you have the "sport" seats in your car, thats what you have. You should be able to just remove your stock seats, transfer the rails over to the Recaros, and reinstall the new seats. You will likely need to transfer over the seat belt receptacle as well.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery, or at a very minimum never turn on the ignition with the seat disconnected, or you will trigger an airbag light.

Last edited by pfbz; 01-26-2024 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,414 Likes on 1,532 Posts

Originally Posted by LinwoodM
Will you be doing a 1 mile high speed run soon?
Old 01-26-2024, 07:25 PM
zachxlutz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Yes, the forward/back adjustment. If you have the "sport" seats in your car, thats what you have. You should be able to just remove your stock seats, transfer the rails over to the Recaros, and reinstall the new seats. You will likely need to transfer over the seat belt receptacle as well.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery, or at a very minimum never turn on the ignition with the seat disconnected, or you will trigger an airbag light.
perfect. Thanks so much for the information! I’ll post some pics once they’re installed. Very excited.
Old 01-26-2024, 07:27 PM
zachxlutz
Advanced

Do the factory seats have airbags? once installed, with the new seats in is it just the seatbelt connection that would trigger the airbag light?
Old 01-26-2024, 09:27 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,107 Posts

The Audi sliders are 8N0-881-183 driver and 8N0-881-184 passenger
Last I checked the Audi sliders were NLA.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:44 PM
LinwoodM
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Will you be doing a 1 mile high speed run soon?

I am doing a half mile in April.
The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 10:09 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,785 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Do the factory seats have airbags? once installed, with the new seats in is it just the seatbelt connection that would trigger the airbag light?
No airbags, but in US models, the seat belt receptacle is tied into the airbag system and will fault if ignition is turned on when the electrical connector to the seat belt receptacle is disconnected, which is on the bottom of the seat.

Originally Posted by theprf
Last I checked the Audi sliders were NLA.
That's a bummer. Some sites still show them, but that doesn't mean they are really available...
Old 01-26-2024, 10:19 PM
zachxlutz
Advanced

No airbags, but in US models, the seat belt receptacle is tied into the airbag system and will fault if ignition is turned on when the electrical connector to the seat belt receptacle is disconnected, which is on the bottom of the seat.

That's a bummer. Some sites still show them, but that doesn't mean they are really available...
Hmmm... I just dug into things and i'm thinking something isn't compatible and it's likely the seat adapters. Here's some photos. The side plates for the seats don't look like they'll work with the factory sliders due to the release mechanism interfering with the base plate of the seat adapter.

i couldn't help myself and threw them in the car for some inspiration.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,107 Posts

The top picture is the slider you need, these must have been on your full manual oe seats.
You can notch the seat brackets for clearance. That is what I did with my Sparco side brackets.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:31 AM
zachxlutz
Advanced

Originally Posted by theprf
The top picture is the slider you need, these must have been on your full manual oe seats.
You can notch the seat brackets for clearance. That is what I did with my Sparco side brackets.
My first thought was to clearance the brackets, as that's no-cost, but I hate to hack away at something if another part is available within reasonable cost. I'm assuming finding the brackets would be the more cost effective option. I'm researching all these different options. Few too many to decipher. I'll keep digging.
Old 01-27-2024, 08:40 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 344 Posts

Installing aftermarket seats is always a huge PITA. Nothing ever just goes right in or works with other parts nicely. That's one of the reasons I found a set of the euro gt3 seats. Those do just bolt right in
Old 01-27-2024, 12:18 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,059 Posts

I just picked up these Recaro Profi SPG seats. Supposedly they came from a 1992 Clubsport RS. I'm unsure of the legitimacy, and unsure how to verify, but I think I found something special. Not sure of what other hardware I might need to get them installed but I think they are going to look great in there. Does anyone know how I can find some more info out? I'm going to pull the stock seats and see if they bolt up. Might need some sort of adapter plate? I see several available from different suppliers.
If you have Recaro side mounts, then mount them to Recaro 996/7 sliders. You can also mount those seats to OEM 996/986 sliders with Bray Krause side mounts. That is what I have in my car below, BK+OEM 996/986 sliders. The BK side mounts have a perfect angle with the Recaro seats, the Recaro side mounts recline the seat way too much when used in a 996/997 and typically need to be re-drilled. The Recaro sliders with Recaro side mounts will mount the seat about 1" lower than the OEM 996/986 sliders. I use those in my track car for max helmet clearance.

Old 01-27-2024, 02:23 PM
zachxlutz
Advanced

Originally Posted by powdrhound
If you have Recaro side mounts, then mount them to Recaro 996/7 sliders. You can also mount those seats to OEM 996/986 sliders with Bray Krause side mounts. That is what I have in my car below, BK+OEM 996/986 sliders. The BK side mounts have a perfect angle with the Recaro seats, the Recaro side mounts recline the seat way too much when used in a 996/997 and typically need to be re-drilled. The Recaro sliders with Recaro side mounts will mount the seat about 1" lower than the OEM 996/986 sliders. I use those in my track car for max helmet clearance.

Great info. Thank you! I've found which Brey-Krause side mounts that will work with the sliders I've removed from the original seats. That looks like a good route, but I'm also wondering about these: https://www.stableenergies.com/seats...recaro-sliders

first glance, looks like they may work. I wish i could find some dimensions on that part so I could measure.

Anyone have experience with these?
Old 01-27-2024, 03:00 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Great info. Thank you! I've found which Brey-Krause side mounts that will work with the sliders I've removed from the original seats. That looks like a good route, but I'm also wondering about these: https://www.stableenergies.com/seats...recaro-sliders

first glance, looks like they may work. I wish i could find some dimensions on that part so I could measure.

Anyone have experience with these?
I have no experience with those unfortunately but sounds like they might work if what's on the seats you have are actually Recaro sliders. Easy enough to check. The Recaro sliders will have Recaro part number stickers on them.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 996TT today?