Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

LED interior lights and Bumper Mesh to save radiators
Old 01-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Jay.
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took out the Reverse Switch from the Tip box and bent the contacts back around to get my reverse lights/rear parking sensors working again - saved buying the switch and was really easy to do (under 1 hour)
Old 01-08-2016, 09:17 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry, not something I did today, but something I got today - pic from 1/1/2016 on Mulholland Scenic Raceway.
Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2016, 01:57 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by techweenie
Sorry, not something I did today, but something I got today - pic from 1/1/2016 on Mulholland Scenic Raceway.
where exactly is "mulholland scenic raceway"?? i know every turn of that world renowned highway, but never heard of that stretch of it mentioned?!

i ask only because i've been driving that section of both the "drive" section of mulholland where i grew up and in fact learned to drive, though it's a great term! it's a great road, from the hills off hollywood, all the way, the 30 miles to the pacific ocean ending at the HIGHWAY 1! quite a drive and all driven by the infamous "mulholland raciing society" as well as the mulhollland "highway" sectiion for the better part of fifty years, and though i am am unfamiliar with any section known by that term. what a great road it is!

is that just a name you've just given to describe it? if so? i perfectly understand!

Last edited by "02996ttx50; 01-09-2016 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:15 AM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
where exactly is "mulholland scenic raceway"?? i know every turn of that world renowned highway, but never heard of that stretch of it mentioned?!

i ask only because i've been driving that section of both the "drive" section of mulholland where i grew up and in fact learned to drive, though it's a great term! it's a great road, from the hills off hollywood, all the way, the 30 miles to the pacific ocean ending at the HIGHWAY 1! quite a drive and all driven by the infamous "mulholland raciing society" as well as the mulhollland "highway" sectiion for the better part of fifty years, and though i am am unfamiliar with any section known by that term. what a great road it is!

is that just a name you've just given to describe it? if so? i perfectly understand!
I had a house on Mulholland for many years and was tempted to make a run of t-shirts... name goes back to the 80s or beyond. I actually had a screen capture of a Google map that identified Mulholland Scenic Raceway.

In any case, this particular shot was West of the Rock Store.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Alansglide
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 27 Posts

I think I have that same pic of my car.

Is that the photo taken by the guys at rock store photos as you drive the snake ?
Old 01-09-2016, 12:04 PM
gophaster
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lovin the action shot...very cool

Old 01-09-2016, 12:20 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

I had a house on Mulholland for many years and was tempted to make a run of t-shirts... name goes back to the 80s or beyond. I actually had a screen capture of a Google map that identified Mulholland Scenic Raceway.

In any case, this particular shot was West of the Rock Store.
got it! mcqueens old stomping grounds!! my history actually with many of them goes all the way back to the mid sixties! ( yes, i am old! beach blanket bingo anyone?!? )

i had JUST had dinner at the "old place" a thousand yards ( if that!? ) from the "rock store" just LAST NIGHT! and posted to you the question just upon my return! from there!

which is why i wondered if upon waking, i was wondering if my posting to you was going to be "intelligible"! or not!
those are the only "friends" i have "up there" and they all reside as that's where "i live" too! but THEY are all WELL hunkered down. me? i am just a sitting duck lol.

lots of ex spclforces folks lol. me? i'm just an old guy that likes to talk/drink, and partake too much. pretty harmless but then, it is all fed'l land anyway! it was co-optedmany years ago to make that territory "less" "habitable" corridors..."legally"! this is the key. look at the santa monica mountain ranges one day and tell me what you see vis a vis "livable" land VS "preserved federal govt lands" run by the "Nat'l Park Service!"... Smokey the Bear now wears ak's!! it's true!! ( lol... i think?! )..pretty dangerous land they rescue hikers ever day. I feel "safer"! how about you?

anyway...good to know we were once "neighbors"!!! cheers! never heard that one tho!.. the scenic whatchacallait lol. cool, i may use that!

but if you're ever NEAR the rock store?? a beer or two is on me! but i won't set foot NEAR that place!! "TOURISTS"! lol

Last edited by "02996ttx50; 01-11-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling lol
Old 01-09-2016, 02:34 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alansglide
I think I have that same pic of my car.

Is that the photo taken by the guys at rock store photos as you drive the snake ?
Yes. He's there just about every day, it seems. Best shots are West to East, IMO.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:38 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
got it! mcqueens old stomping grounds!! my history actually with many of them goes all the way back to the mid sixties! ( yes, i am old! beach blanket bingo anyone?!? )

i had JUST had dinner at the "old place" a thousand yards ( if that!? ) from the "rock store" just LAST NIGHT! and posted to you the question just upon my return! from there!

which is why i wondered if upon waking, i was wondering if my posting to you was going to be "intelligible"! or not!
those are the only "friends" i have "up there" and they all reside as that's where "i live" too! but THEY are all WELL hunkered down. me? i am just a sitting duck lol.

lots of force multipliers ( i believe thats what our govt calls them?? ) they call themselves, ex spcl forces themselves! LOL. me? i'm just an old guy that likes to talk/drink, and partake too much. pretty harmless but then, it IS all FED'L land anyway! it was co-opted MANY years ago to make that territory "unlivable" or "less" "habitable" "corridors"..."legally"! this is the key. take a look at the santa monica mountain ranges one day and you tell ME what you see vis a vis "livable" land VS "preserved federal govt lands" run by the "Nat'l Park Service!"... Smokey the Bear now wears AK's!! it's true!! LOL ( lol... i think?! ).. well I feel "safer"!!? how about you?

anyway...good to know we were once "neighbors"!!! cheers! never heard that one tho!.. the scenic whatchacallait lol. cool, i may use that!

but if you're ever NEAR the rock store?? a beer or two is on me! but i won't set foot NEAR that place!! "TOURISTS"! lol

Yeah, in XX years in LA, 1/1/16 was my first visit to the Rock Store.
Attached Images   
Old 01-09-2016, 05:33 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Default ! ;)

Yeah, in XX years in LA, 1/1/16 was my first visit to the Rock Store.
LOL.. thats EMPTY! next time ya gotta try the "old place" at troutdale and m'holland. food is astonishing, and GREAT vibe.

sit at the bar ( if you CAN get a seat? ) a 2/3week reservation, they have like 7 tables thats IT! killer.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:45 PM
juanbenae
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

replaced my transmission mounts! updated my thread on the project with a couple photos for the membership's considerations. even though the roads were wet on the way home I could in my drive over highway 17 home feel the improved shift quality. im thankful you guys talked me into doing this!!!!
Old 01-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 164 Likes on 117 Posts

Drove mine to the Bay Area for work. Needed to drop parts off in Morganhill down 101 for rework. On the return, while "merging with authority" on to 101, i probably topped 85-90 on the on-ramp and promptly slowed to match the traffic flow at about 75-80 (its easier to dodge things in front of you than worry about the things behind you). Changed 4 lanes (with blinker and stabilizing in each). Within 30 seconds had a CHP behind me with the lights on. Pulled over promptly and crisply. Young guy, checked all my papers, stood back looked at the car, leaned in and said "please drive slower, have a nice day" I said thank you

Being courteous, respectful, and not driving like a BOZO goes a long way.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Third-Reef
CHP...Young guy, checked all my papers, stood back looked at the car, leaned in and said "please drive slower, have a nice day"
Old 01-09-2016, 11:41 PM
juanbenae
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Third-Reef
Drove mine to the Bay Area for work. Needed to drop parts off in Morganhill down 101 for rework. On the return, while "merging with authority" on to 101, i probably topped 85-90 on the on-ramp and promptly slowed to match the traffic flow at about 75-80 (its easier to dodge things in front of you than worry about the things behind you). Changed 4 lanes (with blinker and stabilizing in each). Within 30 seconds had a CHP behind me with the lights on. Pulled over promptly and crisply. Young guy, checked all my papers, stood back looked at the car, leaned in and said "please drive slower, have a nice day" I said thank you

Being courteous, respectful, and not driving like a BOZO goes a long way.

you saved waaaaayy more $$ than me today. im sure of that...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 996TT today?