Today's Craigslist Finds... - Page 102 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: LN Engineering

Today's Craigslist Finds...

 
Old 06-05-2016, 03:09 PM
  #1516  
islaTurbine
User
 
islaTurbine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,061
Default

Originally Posted by JimmyB View Post
Like the colour on that one very much.

ME in Miami:

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5614782512.html

Price just dropped from $25,500 to $23k.
That's a nice price for an ME.
islaTurbine is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 04:02 PM
  #1517  
gnat
Super User
 
gnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,916
Default

Originally Posted by islaTurbine View Post
That's a nice price for an ME.
Seems a bit high to me. The ME doesn't seem to get the bump of other limited edition models. I think it's the paint and wheels that put many people off. The paint seems to be very divisive with no "I could live with it I guess" in the mix. Those of us that like the glossy twists are also in the minority and unlike a normal model changing the wheels takes it away from the special edition configuration.
gnat is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 05:19 PM
  #1518  
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member
 
docmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rep of Texas, N NM, Rockies, SoCal
Posts: 19,276
Default

I'd consider the ME the bargain of the century around the $23k mark in top condition. No, it's not a one-off, or super perf edition but it is limited to 911 copies, and someday that will have an effect on price.

Only other color I like better than guards red is Orient red. And an aero too! I might have to grab that up.
docmirror is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 06:09 PM
  #1519  
gnat
Super User
 
gnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,916
Default

Originally Posted by docmirror View Post
I'd consider the ME the bargain of the century around the $23k mark in top condition. No, it's not a one-off, or super perf edition but it is limited to 911 copies, and someday that will have an effect on price.
I agree that they should be worth more than they are. It boggles my mind that they go as cheaply as they do (though I could say that for all 996s!) and as such I think they are one of the best deals for a 996 right now.

Given the current general 996 market I really think they should be 28-32k cars due to being highly optioned, a C4, and limited edition. The market just seems to disagree
gnat is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 02:39 PM
  #1520  
JimmyChooToo
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 111
Default

Originally Posted by gnat View Post
Seems a bit high to me. The ME doesn't seem to get the bump of other limited edition models. I think it's the paint and wheels that put many people off. The paint seems to be very divisive with no "I could live with it I guess" in the mix. Those of us that like the glossy twists are also in the minority and unlike a normal model changing the wheels takes it away from the special edition configuration.
The weird paint, the bling wheels, and the lack of an AeroKit. The interior is super nice, but the exterior not so much.
JimmyChooToo is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 02:55 PM
  #1521  
VivG
User
 
VivG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SF/SEA
Posts: 355
Default

I think the paint is great and really unique, but the wheels are painful. If I got an ME, first thing I'd do is replace them and put the originals into storage.

But I live in the city, so door dings happen too f*cking often for me to have a car that I care about the paint on.
VivG is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 04:48 PM
  #1522  
Paul Waterloo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Paul Waterloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,215
Default

$12K with LNE IMS Bearing installed:

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/5616545084.html
Paul Waterloo is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 06:06 PM
  #1523  
Arch1t3ct
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 292
Default

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo View Post
$12K with LNE IMS Bearing installed:

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/5616545084.html
Looks like that could be a good deal for anyone that doesn't mind a little bit of fixing things.
Arch1t3ct is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 06:09 PM
  #1524  
Arch1t3ct
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 292
Default

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...594692537.html

Pretty clean looking for the miles if you ignore the supplementary badging, and it comes with normal wheels as well.
Arch1t3ct is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 09:16 PM
  #1525  
gnat
Super User
 
gnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,916
Default

At $12.5k I think this:
just need to sell now
Really means:
just need to sell now, because it's making this marble like sound and my mechanic just hung up on me when I described it.
gnat is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 01:33 AM
  #1526  
JimmyB
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JimmyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: VA
Posts: 337
Default

Originally Posted by gnat View Post
just need to sell now, because it's making this marble like sound and my mechanic just hung up on me when I described it.
JimmyB is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:34 AM
  #1527  
Slakker
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Slakker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 4,492
Default

Originally Posted by gnat View Post
At $12.5k I think this: Really means:
Or "I've spent so much damn money on this the last year that no matter how cheap I sell it it's still a bargain for me."
Slakker is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 11:37 AM
  #1528  
alpine003
Super User
 
alpine003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,701
Default

Originally Posted by gnat View Post
At $12.5k I think this:

Really means:
Dunno, I would think that would be an instant Carmax buyout price but maybe he already tried and got a lower offer from them?

Either that or maybe Carmax got smart and has a "do not buy" list which includes the NA 996 now.
alpine003 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 11:56 AM
  #1529  
JimmyB
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JimmyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: VA
Posts: 337
Default

Originally Posted by Arch1t3ct View Post
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...594692537.html

Pretty clean looking for the miles if you ignore the supplementary badging, and it comes with normal wheels as well.
I think I know why that one's cheap ...

http://www.copart.com/us/EN/Lot/1465...chId=373625559



JimmyB is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 04:01 PM
  #1530  
Arch1t3ct
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 292
Default

Originally Posted by JimmyB View Post
I think I know why that one's cheap ...

http://www.copart.com/us/EN/Lot/1465...chId=373625559



That would explain why the paint looks fresh
Arch1t3ct is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today's Craigslist Finds...


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: