996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Ultimate Integrated Dry Sump UIDS v2.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 02:24 PM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,799 Likes on 912 Posts

Looks fantastic, Skip! Look forward to upgrading mine. Take care to yourself and thanks for the ongoing improvements to this.
The following users liked this post:
Porschetech3 (04-16-2023)
Old 04-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,589 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Yes, I want one guy to assemble all the baffles so I can give them a final look over/QC just for my own satisfaction....

I'm sure several of you can assemble them, but I just want one guy doing them ..

I have a guy who recently started doing part time work for me making the Banjo Bolts... I was buying them from S&S ( made for v-twin Harley shovelheads), but they keep running out and they are just bit longer than I need ( I have to use a thicker nylon spacer).. He has a full time job as a Post Worker but does GunSmithing and building guns and re-loading ammo as a side business.. He has a small machine shop at his house...He is also a car enthusiast and has a 600hp MR2..I'll see if he wants to do them, he should be done with the Banjo Bolts about the time I get all the stainless steel retaining strips..
diddy2003 (04-17-2023)
Old 04-16-2023, 03:13 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by frederickcook87
Help me out on the baffles, I thought the idea was to allow the oil to move around but have multiple points to recover it. Seems that the baffles are holding the oil in the center.
I'm totally with the product and hoping it’s a smashing success but need a lil bit of clarification

You are correct the sump design allows the oil to move around and switches to where the oil IS....( trying to control hot oil is like trying to herd cats).......But to the contrary the baffles do not keep oil in the center, the rubbers flaps open easily/quickly and do NOT keep oil in the center, but rather keeps 25 cubic inches of oil ( out of 196 cubic inches) over each Tunnel Port at all times..And it SLOWS the oil movement in "one direction" to avoid sloshing...

Rubber flaps are rubber flaps........ALL performance sumps have them......The UIDS works so well it can do without them, except in the most extreme conditions...

Last edited by Porschetech3; 04-16-2023 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-16-2023, 03:42 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Help me out on the baffles, I thought the idea was to allow the oil to move around but have multiple points to recover it. Seems that the baffles are holding the oil in the center.
I'm totally with the product and hoping it’s a smashing success but need a lil bit of clarification

Let me try a simpler approach to get to the bottom of what you see...

Does this really look like it would hold oil in the center?? Explain what you are seeing.....

Old 04-16-2023, 05:37 PM
frederickcook87
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Default ..

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Let me try a simpler approach to get to the bottom of what you see...

Does this really look like it would hold oil in the center?? Explain what you are seeing.....

no, it doesn’t….
just trying to wrap my head around the baffle itself. As I see it the sump would work great without the baffles, but as you said in your response the baffles are for “extreme” cases
Old 04-16-2023, 05:58 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

no, it doesn’t….
just trying to wrap my head around the baffle itself. As I see it the sump would work great without the baffles, but as you said in your response the baffles are for “extreme” cases

Yes, you are correct ,the sump works great even without the baffles, and when I say "extreme conditions" I don't mean extreme G forces, the UIDS as is can handle ALL the g-forces..... when I say extreme conditions what I mean is it has to be a "very slow decent" from a "very very high G" to get just a quick blip in the data......this baffle will stop that little blip...

Last edited by Porschetech3; 04-16-2023 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2023, 09:31 PM
996C438
Rennlist Member

Received 651 Likes on 294 Posts

The technical discussion has been interesting to watch as this dry sump evolves . But I would like to ask , when this latest revision is ready to go what is the selling price ?
Old 04-16-2023, 10:24 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default And the price is???

Originally Posted by 996C438
The technical discussion has been interesting to watch as this dry sump evolves . But I would like to ask , when this latest revision is ready to go what is the selling price ?
395.96, with 4 equal payments of 98.99, but if you call in the next ten minutes we will make it only three payments. In other news there is currently a blue 4/98 convertible selling on Facebook with a hard top that has 273k miles on the original engine, I have personally seen two cars on original engines with 177k miles and one with 233k miles. If you read the threads here our cars would never make it to 100k miles due to some ungodly catastrophic failure. I am going to drive my car to see how long I’ll be before some of these catastrophes actually happen. On purpose I’m not going to invest in any of these marvelous solutions. Just 6 months oil changes, proper operating procedures, good fuel and making sure the fuel system is clean. Happy Sunday.
Mpfaff (04-19-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 12:23 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996C438
www.ultimateids.com the new price is higher of course due to the increasing costs

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
395.96, with 4 equal payments of 98.99, but if you call in the next ten minutes we will make it only three payments. In other news there is currently a blue 4/98 convertible selling on Facebook with a hard top that has 273k miles on the original engine, I have personally seen two cars on original engines with 177k miles and one with 233k miles. If you read the threads here our cars would never make it to 100k miles due to some ungodly catastrophic failure. I am going to drive my car to see how long I’ll be before some of these catastrophes actually happen. On purpose I’m not going to invest in any of these marvelous solutions. Just 6 months oil changes, proper operating procedures, good fuel and making sure the fuel system is clean. Happy Sunday.
Yea Louise, we know you get all your moneys worth out of your stuff, your AOS has had crustaceans hanging off of it for 2 years...https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...?highlight=AOS
Old 04-17-2023, 06:17 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default It has been fixed

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
www.ultimateids.com the new price is higher of course due to the increasing costs

Yea Louise, we know you get all your moneys worth out of your stuff, your AOS has had crustaceans hanging off of it for 2 years...https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...?highlight=AOS
the coolant leak was a hose. It has been fixed a long time ago, also has new water pump and low temp thermostat, funny thing was the removed water pump porsche original looked almost brand new. Car is running like a champ, all I’m doing with this car now is experimenting with my oil blend and off course driving it.
Old 04-17-2023, 06:40 AM
996C438
Rennlist Member

Received 651 Likes on 294 Posts

Skip thanks for the website link .
Porschetech3 (04-19-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 10:33 AM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,825 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Impressive Skip. The UIDS without the baffle was a huge success in addressing oil pressure instability at the critical risk points at Road America. This new baffle looks to take it to a much higher level. Good to finally have a track viable oil pressure and oil starvation solution. Alot of hard work and time spent on this. Congrats.
The following 2 users liked this post by GC996:
dporto (04-18-2023), Porschetech3 (04-19-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 02:30 PM
bredward
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Looking forward to the next batch of sales. It sounds like this combines benefits of deep sump and/or Accusump without any of the compromises (lowered ground clearance, Accusump taking up room in the interior) to make the M96 engines close to "bulletproof" on track.

As someone with a 3.2 L Boxster ('06 with stronger IMS bearing) on street tires who would like to attend autoX and track days without fear, I wonder whether this or the UAOS would get me the most bang for my buck...
Old 04-19-2023, 08:07 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bredward
Looking forward to the next batch of sales. It sounds like this combines benefits of deep sump and/or Accusump without any of the compromises (lowered ground clearance, Accusump taking up room in the interior) to make the M96 engines close to "bulletproof" on track.

As someone with a 3.2 L Boxster ('06 with stronger IMS bearing) on street tires who would like to attend autoX and track days without fear, I wonder whether this or the UAOS would get me the most bang for my buck...
No, the Twin Tunnel Port/ UIDS is not even like the other deep sumps or an Accusump...totally different..

Accusump is just a bandaid...it keeps "pressure constant",( a big damper ) but that doesn't mean that 6-8 cubic inches of air is not introduced from the oil pump at the same time the Accusump is discharging...The oil pump is still pumping but there is nothing there but air,( and yes the oil pump will pump air.).. A pressure gauge is just a pressure gauge, it doesn't know if it is reading air pressure, oil pressure, or a combination of both...

Since the UIDS Second Release is not yet available and won't be until I can get all the updated baffles built and shipped to those who already have one...Then build some more... (I am literally almost a one man show..)

I would suggest getting the UAOS with Track Drain, I know it is the best AOS available ,and choose what ever you think is the next best sump , you can always upgrade to the best later ...These other sumps have been around for 20 years so plenty of opinions on them..

Last edited by Porschetech3; 04-19-2023 at 09:03 PM.
bredward (04-19-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 12:00 AM
bredward
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the info. I have plenty of other maintenance and upgrades to pour time and money into this season (PCCM+, replacing worn interior and exterior parts, oil pressure gauge, UAOS, etc) and I'm enjoying scooting around back roads in the meantime, so I can wait for the second release of the UIDS before attending and DE or autocross.
Porschetech3 (04-22-2023)

Quick Reply: Ultimate Integrated Dry Sump UIDS v2.2