Sponsored by:

Ultimate Integrated Dry Sump UIDS v2.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 08:43 PM
996clubsport
Banned

Received 143 Likes on 88 Posts

Cant wait to get one to put this piece of jewelry on the new motor

Last edited by 996clubsport; 01-09-2022 at 08:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Porschetech3 (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 08:51 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,589 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Murphy
So is this plate a solid piece of aluminum and then the machine removes metal that is not needed?
Yes, it starts as a solid block of Billet Aluminum, Then uses the reduction manufacturing process to CNC away undesirable material to only leave what's desired.

Originally Posted by zbomb
Awesome Skip... Looks like it has the O ring groove as well... Really is a beautiful looking part.
Yep, the o-ring grove is there, plus the threaded boss for the AIM oil temp Sensor (M10x1.0) if used, or will come plugged off. The capacity was increased another .5qts by using a sunken floor and recessing the Twin Tunnel Ports without loosing any ground clearance, and a few other little details went into the production model.George is a Master at the details !!!
The following 5 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
frederickcook87 (01-16-2022), Kris Murphy (01-09-2022), Mike Murphy (01-09-2022), plpete84 (01-10-2022), zbomb (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 08:56 PM
Hal
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts

I haven’t checked in for several weeks. Will the initial sump fit a 3.4 Cayman?
Old 01-09-2022, 09:33 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hal
I haven’t checked in for several weeks. Will the initial sump fit a 3.4 Cayman?
The production models for Boxster/Cayman will be rolled out at the same time as the 996/997.1 model.

There is a different version for Boxster/Cayman since the dynamics/orientation of the engine is reversed.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:29 PM
zagaone
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Skip. Where can we see the UIDS v3.? waiting list or know our spot # on it. Thanks
Old 01-11-2022, 08:07 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zagaone
Hi Skip. Where can we see the UIDS v3.? waiting list or know our spot # on it. Thanks
I don't know what you can see on the list, but I can see it, and looks like you are #46. I wouldn't worry about where you are on the list, when George gets the CNC Machine in high gear, it can turn out 7-8 sumps a day.

I will be sending out a questionnaire shortly to everyone on the list to gather some data on the cars/engines that the UIDS will be installed on, hopefully to include a UOA.

So if you haven't yet got a UOA, I suggest you get one now.
plpete84 (01-12-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 08:20 PM
driverx
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a preferred analysis company? i just got a Blackstone report done with the last oil change.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:03 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by driverx
Do you have a preferred analysis company? i just got a Blackstone report done with the last oil change.
I prefer SpeedDiagnostix since there tests will see particles up to 10 micron, but others will do, I'm just glad you have some data..
Old 01-12-2022, 10:37 AM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,799 Likes on 912 Posts

Good stuff. I have 2 UOAs with SpeeDiagnostix ready to go for you with access to manometer and Durametric to provide any additional data that it can give. Definitely like the approach taken here. Not only are you designing a product that will address a major issue but it goes beyond just selling it. I think this database of info will be very helpful for you but for also other folks learning about the product.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:59 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by plpete84
Good stuff. I have 2 UOAs with SpeeDiagnostix ready to go for you with access to manometer and Durametric to provide any additional data that it can give. Definitely like the approach taken here. Not only are you designing a product that will address a major issue but it goes beyond just selling it. I think this database of info will be very helpful for you but for also other folks learning about the product.
Thanks Pete !!

BTW I've had several people PM me thinking they had to do an oil change to do a UOA. It is not necessary to do an oil change to get a sample.

Just warm up the oil, then shut down the engine and use one of those oil extractors to get a sample from the dip-stick tube. It wont go all the way to the bottom of the Sump because the tube is crimped on the lower end, but will down enough to get a sample.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
C2-996 (02-07-2022), Mike Murphy (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 10:06 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,825 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Thanks Pete !!

BTW I've had several people PM me thinking they had to do an oil change to do a UOA. It is not necessary to do an oil change to get a sample.

Just warm up the oil, then shut down the engine and use one of those oil extractors to get a sample from the dip-stick tube. It wont go all the way to the bottom of the Sump because the tube is crimped on the lower end, but will down enough to get a sample.
FYI, LN sells them on their website.
Porschetech3 (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 12:39 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default It’s not worth the cost.

Thanks Pete !!

skip at worst we are talking about a $30k engine. Honestly as a lubrication engineer I don’t understand you guys Afair with a used oil analysis. Yes I had many truck fleets with Cummins signature 600 engines, yes people those are 1 million dollar engines, yes on those I can understand used oil analysis but on our engines, one I think
is overkill , two if you send them to speed diagnostics, I wouldn’t even send my lawn mower used oil analysis over there. A lot of people here don’t know what they are doing or who’s lab they are sending their samples to. Anyway if you want a true perspective next time you send a sample to wherever, ask them what equipment are they running the sample on, when it was manufactured and worst yet when was the last time it was calibrated,
Old 01-13-2022, 01:13 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
skip at worst we are talking about a $30k engine. Honestly as a lubrication engineer I don’t understand you guys Afair with a used oil analysis. Yes I had many truck fleets with Cummins signature 600 engines, yes people those are 1 million dollar engines, yes on those I can understand used oil analysis but on our engines, one I think
is overkill , two if you send them to speed diagnostics, I wouldn’t even send my lawn mower used oil analysis over there. A lot of people here don’t know what they are doing or who’s lab they are sending their samples to. Anyway if you want a true perspective next time you send a sample to wherever, ask them what equipment are they running the sample on, when it was manufactured and worst yet when was the last time it was calibrated,
I agree I wouldn't send my lawn mower used oil there for analysis either, or anyplace else. I am probably more frugal with my money than you are. ( a lot because I have a lot less of it...lol)

But my Porsche engine, that's different. Too many M96/7 engines have debris in them/or are making debris. I understand SpeedDiagnostix can detect metal debris up to 10 microns, many can only detect up to 5 micron.

If you know of a Lab that can detect metal debris larger than 10 micron on a UOA, please let us all know, or maybe you could do the community a favor and find us one?
Old 01-13-2022, 06:41 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default Used oil analysis lab.

I agree I wouldn't send my lawn mower used oil there for analysis either, or anyplace else. I am probably more frugal with my money than you are. ( a lot because I have a lot less of it...lol)

But my Porsche engine, that's different. Too many M96/7 engines have debris in them/or are making debris. I understand SpeedDiagnostix can detect metal debris up to 10 microns, many can only detect up to 5 micron.

If you know of a Lab that can detect metal debris larger than 10 micron on a UOA, please let us all know, or maybe you could do the community a favor and find us one?
I believe I have stated or mentioned this before on the community. I would use Analysts Inc here in stafford Texas. If anyone is going to do an analysis go ahead and get the Cadillac I believe it’s 21 elements and also get readings on TBN and TAN. This lab normally doesn’t do individuals but if you give them a call as I did I guess like 7 or 8 months ago they’ll work with you. Thanks
Old 01-13-2022, 10:56 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
I believe I have stated or mentioned this before on the community. I would use Analysts Inc here in stafford Texas. If anyone is going to do an analysis go ahead and get the Cadillac I believe it’s 21 elements and also get readings on TBN and TAN. This lab normally doesn’t do individuals but if you give them a call as I did I guess like 7 or 8 months ago they’ll work with you. Thanks
Would you mind posting your Analysis Inc. report? Also what is the cost and do they detect debris 10 micron or over?

Definitely not going to turn this into an "oil thread".......

Quick Reply: Ultimate Integrated Dry Sump UIDS v2.2