996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Ultimate Integrated Dry Sump UIDS v2.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 01:40 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,589 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Here is another video sent to me by a future customer of the UIDS that need it's help, it shows the oil pressure drops very well !! .watch for the BIG drop at about the 5min mark...

Here is a copy of a private message I was sent by a SPC Racer, they all know what the issue is that the UIDS will cure....

........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ..................................................................
........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ .......................

Really appreciate your work.

I have seen countless M96/M97 motors fail due to low oil pressure. Raced SPB for many years (where we ate 3 motors) and SPC since its inception.

We tore down our SPC 987 motor (with all the usual oil starvation and cooling mods) after 3 seasons of racing and found that all the rod bearings were through the first layer of metal.

we have 30+ racers who I think would really appreciate your product.

I can tell you that a number of us have logged transient low pressures (no surprise) with combined Gsum in excess of 1.6G on DOT-R semi-slicks.

First race is at VIR in late March. I have the class track record in both F and SPC and would LOVE to get one of these on my car before the race. We can provide you data logging [img]./Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums - Sump_files/smile.gif[/img]

Regards and again, THANKS!

........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ..........
........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ...........

We are just waiting on the Custom o-rings and the Custom screens to be made. We had to sublet them out to other manufacturers..And the CNC machine is turning the Aluminum, more pictures to come.

Please be patient......

Last edited by Porschetech3; 01-22-2022 at 10:07 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
frederickcook87 (01-16-2022), plpete84 (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 06:35 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default I haven’t done an analysis

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Would you mind posting your Analysis Inc. report? Also what is the cost and do they detect debris 10 micron or over?

Definitely not going to turn this into an "oil thread".......
Skip I’m on my 4th oil change, oil has looked good, filters have looked good, the feeling of the oil, smell of the oil has been good, so I haven’t seen the need to analyze the oil. The car barely consumes oil at all. Remember I have a ton of experience with oil and used oil, so I’m not spending the money and the time until I see a need. Anyway, I already got a year on my car and if it gets to the point where it needs an engine I have already two different solutions for that.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:59 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
Skip I’m on my 4th oil change, oil has looked good, filters have looked good, the feeling of the oil, smell of the oil has been good, so I haven’t seen the need to analyze the oil. The car barely consumes oil at all. Remember I have a ton of experience with oil and used oil, so I’m not spending the money and the time until I see a need. Anyway, I already got a year on my car and if it gets to the point where it needs an engine I have already two different solutions for that.
Ok, good for you. I take back what I said about me being more frugal with my money than you are...lol
The following users liked this post:
Geoff.T (01-14-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 10:41 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

I have a new recommendation for UOA testing at a LAB named OilVue. Test cost $35 and includes 21 Elements plus Base Number and Viscosity And PQ Index.

The PQ Index is what I wanted to find after learning that it fills the void between the small iron particles that are indicated by the ICP (<5Micron)and RDE (<10micron) and what the oil filter can catch ( 25-30 micron) . ALS , a big kahuna in lab testing, recommended to me OilVue who is one of their subsidiaries, since most Labs don't offer the PQ Index or only offer it to Large Contract Only Companies.

The PQ Index test takes the oil sample and runs it through a magnetic field and measures the change in the magnetic field to determine the amount of iron in the sample. This test indicates the overall amount of iron in the sample with indifference to particle size. The more iron, the higher the number. ( A PQI of over 25 would be a problem)

It has been said here and is known that as wear on iron/steel parts increase the iron particles (ppm) increase and can be seen in the element test , but as the problem worsens and the particles get bigger and the iron ppm will actually start to drop, and will be falsely assumed to be less wear, but the PQ Index number would rise and indicate that the wear has gotten worse.

ICP test can see iron up to 5 micron, RDE can see iron up to 10 micron, PQI can see all iron sizes, normal oil filters will let iron under 25-30 micron flow through, ( high flow and Racing oil filters will let everything pass through under 60 microns) the human eye can normally see iron 100 micron in average conditions.

The most damaging iron particle is one that is small enough to fit in the clearance (<50 microns) but larger than the oil film (> 4 microns)
Update ::

UIDS V3.0 valve assembly getting CNC'd

Twin Tunnel Port O-ring fitment.

Last edited by Porschetech3; 01-21-2022 at 10:51 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
501Max (01-22-2022), Mike Murphy (01-22-2022), plpete84 (01-22-2022), steved0x (01-23-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 11:01 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Good value

I have a new recommendation for UOA testing at a LAB named OilVue. Test cost $35 and includes 21 Elements plus Base Number and Viscosity And PQ Index.

The PQ Index is what I wanted to find after learning that it fills the void between the small iron particles that are indicated by the ICP (<5Micron)and RDE (<10micron) and what the oil filter can catch ( 25-30 micron) . ALS , a big kahuna in lab testing, recommended to me OilVue who is one of their subsidiaries, since most Labs don't offer the PQ Index or only offer it to Large Contract Only Companies.

The PQ Index test takes the oil sample and runs it through a magnetic field and measures the change in the magnetic field to determine the amount of iron in the sample. This test indicates the overall amount of iron in the sample with indifference to particle size. The more iron, the higher the number. ( A PQI of over 25 would be a problem)

It has been said here and is known that as wear on iron/steel parts increase the iron particles (ppm) increase and can be seen in the element test , but as the problem worsens and the particles get bigger and the iron ppm will actually start to drop, and will be falsely assumed to be less wear, but the PQ Index number would rise and indicate that the wear has gotten worse.

ICP test can see iron up to 5 micron, RDE can see iron up to 10 micron, PQI can see all iron sizes, normal oil filters will let iron under 25-30 micron flow through, ( high flow and Racing oil filters will let everything pass through under 60 microns) the human eye can normally see iron 100 micron in average conditions.

The most damaging iron particle is one that is small enough to fit in the clearance (<50 microns) but larger than the oil film (> 4 microns)
Update ::

UIDS V3.0 valve assembly getting CNC'd

Twin Tunnel Port O-ring fitment.
please let us know the details of this lab, it would be good to cross reference it. This cost $35 is more in line with what it should be. To give you an
idea, in 2011, I was pre purchasing 750 samples per month for $11 per analysis.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:43 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
please let us know the details of this lab, it would be good to cross reference it. This cost $35 is more in line with what it should be. To give you an
idea, in 2011, I was pre purchasing 750 samples per month for $11 per analysis.
I understand OilVue to be 50 year old Lab Testing Company, testing 2M samples a year . I assume they are a subsidiary of ALS ( ALS is a big Kahuna of Lab testing and the ones who referred me to OilVue because their own Labs all over the US and who do NAPA and WIX Branded test kits, don't offer PQI to individuals, only large fleets).

WIX branded test kits can be found on sale for $11.50 up tp $20 and the test is done by one of the ALS LABs , but they don't include shipping of the sample or testing PQI , that is a 20 dollar value right there.

I have had tests done from SpeedDiagontix , Blackstone, and ALS (WIX) , over the years but have never been totally satisfied with the information obtained, namely the gap from the tiny particles the Lab can see, to the large particles the eye can see. The PQI fills this gap, and to me is the most important thing I want to see. OilVue offers this test at a reasonable cost, and I don't know of any others at this time that does.

I trust SpeedDiagnostix for their analysis of the elements due to Lake being very knowledgeable on our engines and the metallurgy of the IMSB, cylinder alloy , ect. but no PQI

I trust Blackstone for their accuracy in testing, but the commentary is not satisfying to me and I prefer to read my own report.But no PQI

I trust ALS (WIX) to give accurate tests, but prefer to read my own report, and they don't do PQI for the WIX kits, and even though the initial cost is low, you have to pay to ship the sample.

OilVue test is $35 with 21 elements and PQI and includes shipping the sample back and a mailer. I have 3 test kits on order should be arriving tomorrow.

I want the PQI test to judge wear on all the parts that contain iron ie. IMSB , 5 timing chains , 8 timing gears, 3 oil pumps, 24 lifters, 24 valve springs, 4 camshafts, and last but not least, and definitely most costly and I think most important item, the crankshaft

Last edited by Porschetech3; 01-22-2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:39 PM
Kris Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 114 Posts

@Porschetech3 if I have 5 years of analysis from Blackstone, when should I switch to OilVue to be a benefit to you? Should I do one analysis with Blackstone after I install the UIDS, and then OilVue, or just switch right to OilVue?
Old 01-22-2022, 11:56 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kris Murphy
@Porschetech3 if I have 5 years of analysis from Blackstone, when should I switch to OilVue to be a benefit to you? Should I do one analysis with Blackstone after I install the UIDS, and then OilVue, or just switch right to OilVue?
@Kris Murphy I think you should switch to OilVue, I did , and expect to see the same trend in iron ppm and a PQI of under 15 ..The PQI tester is calibrated daily at 0 and 750 ..Only takes seconds to calibrate.

Our engines make a lot of iron debris from the 5 timing chains that are not hydrodynamic lubricated, just boundary lubricated. The chains don't actually "stretch", that is technically wrong .They wear at the pins and end plates to get longer, the metal doesn't stretch.

Kris Murphy (01-23-2022)
Old 01-23-2022, 05:40 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Thanks a bunch

I understand OilVue to be 50 year old Lab Testing Company, testing 2M samples a year . I assume they are a subsidiary of ALS ( ALS is a big Kahuna of Lab testing and the ones who referred me to OilVue because their own Labs all over the US and who do NAPA and WIX Branded test kits, don't offer PQI to individuals, only large fleets).

WIX branded test kits can be found on sale for $11.50 up tp $20 and the test is done by one of the ALS LABs , but they don't include shipping of the sample or testing PQI , that is a 20 dollar value right there.

I have had tests done from SpeedDiagontix , Blackstone, and ALS (WIX) , over the years but have never been totally satisfied with the information obtained, namely the gap from the tiny particles the Lab can see, to the large particles the eye can see. The PQI fills this gap, and to me is the most important thing I want to see. OilVue offers this test at a reasonable cost, and I don't know of any others at this time that does.

I trust SpeedDiagnostix for their analysis of the elements due to Lake being very knowledgeable on our engines and the metallurgy of the IMSB, cylinder alloy , ect. but no PQI

I trust Blackstone for their accuracy in testing, but the commentary is not satisfying to me and I prefer to read my own report.But no PQI

I trust ALS (WIX) to give accurate tests, but prefer to read my own report, and they don't do PQI for the WIX kits, and even though the initial cost is low, you have to pay to ship the sample.

OilVue test is $35 with 21 elements and PQI and includes shipping the sample back and a mailer. I have 3 test kits on order should be arriving tomorrow.

I want the PQI test to judge wear on all the parts that contain iron ie. IMSB , 5 timing chains , 8 timing gears, 3 oil pumps, 24 lifters, 24 valve springs, 4 camshafts, and last but not least, and definitely most costly and I think most important item, the crankshaft
I just changed the oil like 200 miles ago. I will be testing my next oil change. With oilvue. $35 is a good investment.
Old 01-23-2022, 12:21 PM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

Please add me to the list for the mid-engine version. Very interested!
Old 01-23-2022, 05:53 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BillC3
Please add me to the list for the mid-engine version. Very interested!
@BillC3 No problem ,just fill out the form by clicking the link just below my signature. This will make sure you are notified of the release of the UIDS, and receive the small questioner that will be sent out soon.

It also helps keep track of how many of which version.. Right now the Boxster/Cayman version is 25% of total.

Click link below VVVVV to sign up for wait list....
Old 02-06-2022, 10:18 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

The following 14 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
501Max (02-10-2022), barbancourt (02-07-2022), Billup (02-17-2022), frederickcook87 (02-07-2022), GC996 (02-07-2022), Geoff.T (02-07-2022), JohnCA58 (02-06-2022), Kris Murphy (02-06-2022), mileage (02-07-2022), plpete84 (02-07-2022), sdematt (02-07-2022), steved0x (02-07-2022), yaz996 (02-06-2022), zbomb (02-06-2022) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-06-2022, 10:39 PM
996clubsport
Banned

Received 143 Likes on 88 Posts

🤤
im ready
Porschetech3 (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 05:50 AM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,825 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Skip, what are the blue things?
Porschetech3 (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 10:32 AM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,799 Likes on 912 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by plpete84:
porschedog (02-07-2022), Porschetech3 (02-07-2022)

Quick Reply: Ultimate Integrated Dry Sump UIDS v2.2