Old 03-09-2021, 08:37 PM
RennKit-Dave
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 178 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Dakar_Dario
just ordered the rennkit, kinda wish i seen this first
No worries, send your Bluetooth Retrofit Kit back for a full refund.
http://rennkit.com/
  • Patented eRam Kit™ for 996/997 Turbo & Carrera GT wings
  • Cal*Cool™ - brake cooling 996/997 / Bluetooth Retrofit Kit™ for 1998-2011 cars / Wing Extenders™ 987 Cayman / 997 Turbo
  • AUTO-BLiP for MT / Function F1RST Shift ***** / Girodisc 2-piece rotors / OS Giken LSD / Phenix suspension / Zunsport grills / 997/987 switches/PCM ***** / Border Coilovers
Old 03-31-2021, 06:34 PM
Landscraper
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

Finally got around to installing a PCCM+ on a 2001 Turbo with PCM1 (Option code 662) and Nokia DSP system (680) - no Bose, no MOST.

Installation went fine following the guidance of everyone on here. I hooked everything up, isolated the security ground wires, ground out pin #17 on the frunk amp, switched from CAN to AMP in the menu, and viola powered up with sound no problem.

Unfortunately it sounds like I have the overamplification, gain, volume issue. I hear white noise while the unit is on and the volume is VERY loud (setting 5 of 30 is super loud). Strangely, I also occasionally get locked out of the settings from the car thinking it's in motion.

For those on the fence with an analog system I would vote against it until a reliable solution can be sourced for the volume / white noise issue.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:32 PM
e4603
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Landscraper
Unfortunately it sounds like I have the overamplification, gain, volume issue. I hear white noise while the unit is on and the volume is VERY loud (setting 5 of 30 is super loud).
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1542220
mentions a similar problem
Still noise and high gain on the volume…
So after some research I ordered an ISO adapter with resistance for high gain to amp. This is a common problem on other cars when using after market stereo with OEM Amp
https://www.brl.se/sv/artiklar/adapt...lslutsteg.html

Old 03-31-2021, 07:45 PM
Landscraper
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by e4603
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1542220
mentions a similar problem
Still noise and high gain on the volume…
So after some research I ordered an ISO adapter with resistance for high gain to amp. This is a common problem on other cars when using after market stereo with OEM Amp
https://www.brl.se/sv/artiklar/adapt...lslutsteg.html

Thanks for the link. Definitely similar issues however this person's PCM1 had a black brown ISO plug - my system only has the black plug. I suppose I will try the in-line adapter on the black ISO plug if I can find one stateside?
Old 04-12-2021, 03:11 PM
Brad85
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete_007
Installed the PCCM Plus in my 2000 Boxster S with little to no problems. Sounds and features are a definite upgrade and shows how bad the door speakers are. I had previously upgraded the other speakers. However, after the first drive - got this message on the screen when I try to go to Settings to finish the set up and the car is NOT moving - "Traffic Safety - For safety reasons, some functions are only available when the vehicle is stationary". The unit thinks the car is moving and its not! I can't access Settings! Any idea how to resolve?

Having the same problem. Did you ever get it resolved?
Old 04-15-2021, 10:41 AM
Brad85
6th Gear

So when you say you contacted Porsche with a question, who exactly did you contact? I'm having a PCCM problem and need a little help from them too I think.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:21 PM
e4603
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@Brad85 Did you connect the GPS antenna? Maybe try moving the mount point if it's close to or blocked by any metal.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:14 PM
Landscraper
Rennlist Member

From what I've read / heard - the PCCM+ uses an internal sensor to determine if it's in motion and not the GPS antennae. I had some of the same issues initially but would just spam the button and eventually get let into the settings.
The following users liked this post:
Brad85 (04-16-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 09:40 PM
mark_mia
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Landscraper - what do you mean by "spam" the button? I had the same error (traffic safety despite being parked) - everything else worked - tried driving, moving it around, and pressing the button numerous times. At this point I'm planning to return the unit - and order a new one.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:41 AM
Landscraper
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mark_mia
Landscraper - what do you mean by "spam" the button? I had the same error (traffic safety despite being parked) - everything else worked - tried driving, moving it around, and pressing the button numerous times. At this point I'm planning to return the unit - and order a new one.
Repeatedly attempt to enter the menu
The following users liked this post:
Brad85 (04-16-2021)
Old 04-18-2021, 09:16 PM
Frank Edens
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Opo
thank you ! I ended up returning my classic radio 🤷🏽‍♂️ I keep using my BT Ankar lighter plug a d just keep it stock .
Pete_007

Please let me know how you fixed the issue with the PCCM showing you were still and would not let you enter settings.

Thanks,
Old 04-18-2021, 09:32 PM
Frank Edens
Track Day

Did you find a resolution so you can go to settings on the PCCM?

Thanks

Frank
Old 04-18-2021, 09:34 PM
Frank Edens
Track Day

Originally Posted by Brad85
Having the same problem. Did you ever get it resolved?
Having same problem. How to resolve.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:48 AM
Brad85
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Frank Edens
Having same problem. How to resolve.
Frank,
I am still searching for a resolution as well...I see that a couple of users have just returned the PCCM but haven't heard back about how that went. One just unplugged everything and plugged it back in and then it worked. He never was able to identify what was wrong in the first place though. One just kept hitting the button and eventually, the warning went away (I tried that and it didn't work for me). Talked with Suncoast Parts, which is who I purchased it from, and they said to take it to a Porsche dealer or high-end installer to have a look. MIne was installed by a high-end shop. There is no Porsche Dealership near me or I would just take it there. So I'm still pondering my options. The shop that installed it is certainly willing to have a look but we would both like to know if there is a known solution out there before they pull everything apart again...
Old 04-19-2021, 09:52 PM
Frank Edens
Track Day

I believe it is a strange glitch. Mine did that but after I connected everything properly and went to settings it showed for a second and then I pushed settings again and I went to Volume. I don't recall if you are getting sound or not.. Please let me know if that is working or if you were trying to go to settings to fix the volume. If so, I can probably help you with the sound. Unplug the cord that is giving the power and that may help with the warning when you plug it back up.

Let me know. Do you have a picture of the back with everything plugged in?

Frank

Quick Reply: Installation guide of the PCCM Plus