Sponsored by:

UAOS install/tips/tricks

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 07:57 PM
Justin76
Rennlist Member

Received 584 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Murphy
Justin, you can also route that line below the brake booster line so it is not as close to the body of the car.
yep as that’s what I did and said in the last paragraph of the post… 2min job is complete…
Old 10-03-2021, 08:13 PM
VGP
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Whoever might need this - I took plpetes DIY and put it in a format that is more readable to me. I kept it open to suggestions and comments if anyone wants to add to it.

Here you go:
996 AOS replacement (I suggest turning "print layout" off in the "view" menu)

Last edited by VGP; 10-03-2021 at 08:15 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by VGP:
Corso (01-17-2022), Kris Murphy (10-03-2021), plpete84 (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 02:43 PM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,844 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by VGP
Whoever might need this - I took plpetes DIY and put it in a format that is more readable to me. I kept it open to suggestions and comments if anyone wants to add to it.

Here you go:
Thanks a lot for putting this into a single doc. As one might imagine this will get buried in the thread so having this doc attached in a DIY section of the forum might be a good idea too. @Porschetech3 feel free to download this and include with sold kits!
The following users liked this post:
VGP (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 02:51 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,741 Likes on 2,138 Posts

Originally Posted by VGP

Here you go:
Originally Posted by plpete84
Thanks a lot for putting this into a single doc. As one might imagine this will get buried in the thread so having this doc attached in a DIY section of the forum might be a good idea too. @Porschetech3 feel free to download this and include with sold kits!
Thanks a lot for this, I'll put Pete's pictorial on the first page for easy-to-find reference, I may even start including it with all the kits..Thank you both !!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
plpete84 (10-06-2021), VGP (10-05-2021)
Old 01-17-2022, 06:13 PM
501Max
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 44 Posts

@Porschetech3 LN Engineering (LN) has sent me the following AOS. After I received the kit, I received a message from LN saying they had sent me the AOS for the 996.1, and would send me out the AOS for the 996.2. When I received the replacement, it was the same as the original one they sent (without the coolant hose attachment points). As shown, the AOS received from LN does not have the coolant hose attachments. As these are capped off anyway, is it okay to put the AOS (without the coolant hose attachments) in? I have the coolant bypass kit that has the caps to cap off the coolant hose attachments as they exist on the AOS pulled from my car. However; the AOS I received from LN does not have these coolant attachments points to cap off. I assume the LN AOS is an earlier version AOS without the coolant hose attachments. It is okay to run this AOS? I assume it is as this AOS is sealed off. However; better to ask the question than install the wrong sealed AOS version.

AOS version received twice from LN Engineering

AOS pulled from car with the coolant hose attachment points shown below:

Last edited by 501Max; 01-17-2022 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:33 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 501Max
@Porschetech3 LN has sent me the following AOS. After I received the kit, I received a message from LN saying they had sent me the AOS for the 996.1, and would send me out the AOS for the 996.2. When I received the replacement, it was the same as the original one they sent (without the coolant hose attachment points). As shown, the AOS received from LN does not have the coolant hose attachments. As these are capped off anyway, is it okay to put the AOS (without the coolant hose attachments) in? I have the coolant bypass kit that has the caps to cap off the coolant hose attachments as they exist on the AOS pulled from my car. However; the AOS I received from LN does not have these coolant attachments points to cap off. I assume the LN AOS is an earlier version AOS without the coolant hose attachments. It is okay to run this AOS? I assume it is as this AOS is sealed off. However; better to ask the question than install the wrong sealed AOS version.

AOS version received twice from LN Engineering

AOS pulled from car with the coolant hose attachment points shown below:
501Max, with the UAOS, the little coolant hoses do not matter ,you have the correct Lifetime AOS.

The UAOS kit has all the proper caps,clamps, and connectors to remove all the little coolant hoses and connections. The warm coolant is no longer needed for the Lifetime AOS due to the diaphragm is moved to the rear of the engine close to the intake manifold in a warmer/easier to access location..
Old 01-17-2022, 06:35 PM
501Max
Instructor

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
501Max, with the UAOS, the little coolant hoses do not matter ,you have the correct Lifetime AOS.

The UAOS kit has all the proper caps,clamps, and connectors to remove all the little coolant hoses and connections. The warm coolant is no longer needed for the Lifetime AOS due to the diaphragm is moved to the rear of the engine close to the intake manifold in a warmer/easier to access location..
Thank you- Don't know why LN stated they needed to send me a replacement AOS. I assumed that was the answer but glad to have it straight from you. I understand about removing the coolant lines, not needing the warm coolant, and capping off the other areas. I saw in earlier posts in this thread the Lifetime AOS having the coolant attachment points with the caps- Thus; my question. I assume all the current Lifetime AOS are being sent out without the coolant attachment/nipples. It is less to cap off (saves a minute), looks cleaner- and certainly works for me!

Last edited by 501Max; 01-17-2022 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:24 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 501Max
Thank you- Don't know why LN stated they needed to send me a replacement AOS. I assumed that was the answer but glad to have it straight from you. I understand about removing the coolant lines, not needing the warm coolant, and capping off the other areas. I saw in earlier posts in this thread the Lifetime AOS having the coolant attachment points with the caps- Thus; my question. I assume all the current Lifetime AOS are being sent out without the coolant attachment/nipples. It is less to cap off (saves a minute), looks cleaner- and certainly works for me!
I think your question was misunderstood to mean you had received a 996.1 Lifetime AOS, and was then sent another 996.2 Lifetime AOS.

The UAOS kit has the proper caps to accommodate either Lifetime AOS with or without the little coolant nipples, but once the supply of them with nipples are depleted , only the ones without will be sent out.

Glad you're all sorted now and can even help others with questions now that will pop up from time to time until everyone is familiar with how the UAOS works , it's benefits, and the differences in the 996.1 and 996.2 parts..

Cheers !! Skip
501Max (01-17-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 08:10 AM
RuVaRo
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are is my first post about the UAOS from Skip which I installed on my 2002 C4S

To start with first a photo before the UAOS install and yes you will see a lot of tubes which I done to avoid the AOS issues...
At this moment I only drove approx 40Km´s to test the UAOS and all works fine thank to this superb invention from Skip

(now finding out how to present you the photos... ;-) more to follow !)

Before

After
Porschetech3 (02-01-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 07:53 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RuVaRo
Here are is my first post about the UAOS from Skip which I installed on my 2002 C4S

To start with first a photo before the UAOS install and yes you will see a lot of tubes which I done to avoid the AOS issues...
At this moment I only drove approx 40Km´s to test the UAOS and all works fine thank to this superb invention from Skip

(now finding out how to present you the photos... ;-) more to follow !)

Before

After
Thanks for the nice review !! The UAOS definitely helped clean up your engine bay from those "other AOS things" you had previously..

And if you have the Track Drain you can run a higher oil level than before to help with oil pressure stability.
501Max (02-01-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 08:11 AM
RuVaRo
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Thanks for the nice review !! The UAOS definitely helped clean up your engine bay from those "other AOS things" you had previously..

And if you have the Track Drain you can run a higher oil level than before to help with oil pressure stability.
Thanks Skip, yes the engine bay looks way better now !Cool
I left 1 oil catch can on it.
This catch can is attached to the nozzle on the right bank as during my experience with soluting the AOS issue with the tubes ;-) it sprayed a lot of oil out.
Also before the first AOS failed, (I had 2 Angryarrgghh) there was residu found which for me is a no go as I only like dry and clean engine bays.

Below you can see with the phote how I attached my last tube...
This is actually a new OEM nozzle because when it sprayed first, I thought it was not working ok

Before thinking about your track drain (which sound to me as a good solution) I first will check how the UAOS now works with my spirited drives in the mountains here.
Will drive some and check how much oil your UAOS catch can has in it.

So, actually you think I can only higher the oil level after the security from the track drain?

Thanks !

Old 02-02-2022, 06:00 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RuVaRo
Thanks Skip, yes the engine bay looks way better now !Cool
I left 1 oil catch can on it.
This catch can is attached to the nozzle on the right bank as during my experience with soluting the AOS issue with the tubes ;-) it sprayed a lot of oil out.
Also before the first AOS failed, (I had 2 Angryarrgghh) there was residu found which for me is a no go as I only like dry and clean engine bays.

Below you can see with the phote how I attached my last tube...
This is actually a new OEM nozzle because when it sprayed first, I thought it was not working ok

Before thinking about your track drain (which sound to me as a good solution) I first will check how the UAOS now works with my spirited drives in the mountains here.
Will drive some and check how much oil your UAOS catch can has in it.

So, actually you think I can only higher the oil level after the security from the track drain?

Thanks !

It depends on if you Track the car. or if the engine has high miles on it..

If you have high miles, say over 100k, the cylinders will have some ovaling and ring seal loss. This can cause high blow-by ( see my thread on Engine Health blow-by tests), the high blow-by will cause a high volume through the UAOS. The Track Drain will be necessary, the Track Drain gives another way for oil to get back to the sump.( where it needs to be) ..
Old 02-07-2022, 02:47 PM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 103 Posts

A motor in a FCP Euro video looks like it has a UAOS.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:52 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996.2
A motor in a FCP Euro video looks like it has a UAOS.

Indeed it does !!

It's rewarding to see the UAOS spread even with no advertisements in Magazines ect, All on just it's superior design and performance.

All the people who really know of all the deficiencies of the Factory AOS design, can easily see all the benefits and performance increases of the UAOS..

In a way it's good that it hasn't spread faster, due to Porsche parts are always issues in supply, and the last years Pandemic has made the supply issues even worse, so a slow growth is good for an Old Retired Porschetech who has slowed down considerably..

The following 3 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
501Max (02-07-2022), islaTurbine (02-09-2022), wdb (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 06:30 PM
501Max
Instructor

A certain 922 996 will return to Barber Feb 19-20 with Chin giving the track drain an opportunity to work and earn its' keep

Thank you @Porschetech3 !

Time for a new sticker:

Last edited by 501Max; 02-07-2022 at 06:45 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 501Max:
plpete84 (02-08-2022), Porschetech3 (02-07-2022), zbomb (02-09-2022)

Quick Reply: UAOS install/tips/tricks