Sponsored by:

2019 Engine Rebuild Comparison RND/FSI/EBS/Vertex

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 04:38 PM
philbert996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,143 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
After all these years I don't even consider Porsche cars to be special.

The following 2 users liked this post by philbert996:
Boff (05-04-2021), islaTurbine (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 06:08 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,423 Likes on 1,288 Posts

-1988 Carrera (all stock G50 high mileage car. I may keep it and make a Safari from it)
You have the right property for one of those.
I can just imagine the Facebook posts with Ava driving that across the same area as her ATV!
...of course at higher speeds.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:11 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,423 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by zbomb
I know.... threads that go way, way.... way off topic are a pain in the ***** to wade through huh...
This one went off topicS didn't it?
The following users liked this post:
Mike Murphy (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 06:46 PM
zbomb
Race Car

Received 4,292 Likes on 1,812 Posts

That underline bold thing... I got it

Ya know. It’s a little weird - not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything.

But the LS talk way back 2 years ago, almost to the day, didn’t make anyone say boo.

But, when it’s detailed - with pricing, specific output, warranty, factory functionality... Now it’s OT and should be removed from a thread that I thought, was of the intent to highlight - with actual numbers and data someone’s options should they need an engine.

I sent the OP a PM, told him if he wants me to take the LS swap stuff down because it was not inline with his intentions when he created the thread, I’m happy to do so... too much good work he did to have the thread not in-line with his intent.

The ****ing barbecue, R32’s, selling old cars, thinking about selling old cars and if we think porsches are special or not is noise and adds absolutely no value for someone wondering what to do after their ****ing engine blew up or worried about what they will do if their engine blows up.

if the OP thinks the LS talk is in the same category as that bull ****, I’ll pull my posts in a heart beat.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:18 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 790 Likes on 506 Posts

Kinda funny how things don't always go the way we think they should. Especially on an open forum. Go figure...
The following users liked this post:
Mike Murphy (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 07:20 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by zbomb
That underline bold thing... I got it

Ya know. It’s a little weird - not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything.

But the LS talk way back 2 years ago, almost to the day, didn’t make anyone say boo.

But, when it’s detailed - with pricing, specific output, warranty, factory functionality... Now it’s OT and should be removed from a thread that I thought, was of the intent to highlight - with actual numbers and data someone’s options should they need an engine.

I sent the OP a PM, told him if he wants me to take the LS swap stuff down because it was not inline with his intentions when he created the thread, I’m happy to do so... too much good work he did to have the thread not in-line with his intent.

The ****ing barbecue, R32’s, selling old cars, thinking about selling old cars and if we think porsches are special or not is noise and adds absolutely no value for someone wondering what to do after their ****ing engine blew up or worried about what they will do if their engine blows up.

if the OP thinks the LS talk is in the same category as that bull ****, I’ll pull my posts in a heart beat.
I wish more people would do LS swaps. We need their core engines to use for reconstructions. We really need M97.01 and M96.05 cores, just to rob some parts from, so maybe those guys will flock to the Bowtie alternative as fast as possible.

None of this is new, people were installing Chevy engines in 914s 40 years ago, it's been done to 944s, 928s, and even aircooled 911s. We can only recreate around 1% of the M9X engines ever produced, so even if 50% of the people that own these cars swapped them to an LS, I still wouldn't give a damn.

What I do care about is the same rules applying to everyone, and if someone is here for commercial reasons, they need to pay to play just like we do, and just like every other commercial user here is required to do. We didn't have a choice, and neither should they. Convince me otherwise.

Here's my "conversion"... It's a Chevy powered Ford.

Last edited by Flat6 Innovations; 05-04-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:59 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,724 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations;[url=tel:17409666
17409666[/url]]Yeah.. Bobby tries to get me to shoot videos like this all the time for the Rennvision channel.
To me they are all just cars. After all these years I don't even consider Porsche cars to be special. Never thought I'd ever say that.
I always though of a base 911 as a hell of a Chevy. The GT cars, though, are kinda special.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:44 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mike Murphy
I always though of a base 911 as a hell of a Chevy. The GT cars, though, are kinda special.
I've owned a Porsche everyday of my life since the age of 13, and have worked with them almost everyday since then. Those decades of exposure just makes them seem very normal, no matter how special, or exotic they may really be to others.Next week I'll be picking up the engine for a Gmund Coupe, which is priceless, and I'll one restoring it back to it's original character over a couple of years. I guess I've just gotten so used to dealing with the stuff, that its another day at the office. That's why I have sold, or I am selling all my Porsches except my 912E.
I prefer historical military vehicles, both Allied, and Axis. The vehicles that have more character, and value if they have bullet holes in them.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:11 AM
nrp3
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 103 Posts

At least we have some options and pretty decent aftermarket support for these.

As for armor, I have a craving for some Cold War era Soviet stuff, not that I could afford it, but a T55 or BTR might be nice.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:12 AM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,872 Likes on 2,208 Posts

I've owned a Porsche everyday of my life since the age of 13, and have worked with them almost everyday since then. Those decades of exposure just makes them seem very normal, no matter how special, or exotic they may really be to others.Next week I'll be picking up the engine for a Gmund Coupe, which is priceless, and I'll one restoring it back to it's original character over a couple of years. I guess I've just gotten so used to dealing with the stuff, that its another day at the office. That's why I have sold, or I am selling all my Porsches except my 912E.
I prefer historical military vehicles, both Allied, and Axis. The vehicles that have more character, and value if they have bullet holes in them.

Jake, just make sure to give us guys with kids still on the payroll a heads up in advance when you plan on getting out of the engine building business. Don't want to wake up and find out some day that you are only working on tanks. While I would love a tank, I'd rather have an extra 80 hp on my 996.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:47 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GC996
Jake, just make sure to give us guys with kids still on the payroll a heads up in advance when you plan on getting out of the engine building business. Don't want to wake up and find out some day that you are only working on tanks. While I would love a tank, I'd rather have an extra 80 hp on my 996.
Nope, their won't be any advanced notice.. It'll instantly happen, but anyone who is engaged/ committed with us at the time will still end up dealing with me until I am done. The rest will be out of luck once I tag the line. This is why dreamers that want to wait for years to buy really shouldn't. I am always just one ******* away from cutting the line! Just one!
Who knows where I'll end up.. People tell me that I should save the place for my daughter, and while she'd probably be as good as I am at the technical side, I'd hate to punish her into dealing with the human (purchaser) elements associated with what I've created. She'd be better to assume my wife's business, and deal in accounting.

Ok, that's enough.. We are going WAYY off topic now. I'm done. :-)
Old 05-05-2021, 12:53 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Nope, their won't be any advanced notice.. It'll instantly happen, but anyone who is engaged/ committed with us at the time will still end up dealing with me until I am done. The rest will be out of luck once I tag the line. This is why dreamers that want to wait for years to buy really shouldn't. I am always just one ******* away from cutting the line! Just one!
Who knows where I'll end up.. People tell me that I should save the place for my daughter, and while she'd probably be as good as I am at the technical side, I'd hate to punish her into dealing with the human (purchaser) elements associated with what I've created. She'd be better to assume my wife's business, and deal in accounting.

Ok, that's enough.. We are going WAYY off topic now. I'm done. :-)
How is the Bore development coming along?
Old 05-05-2021, 01:00 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

How is the Bore development coming along?
It's done for the M9X. It's all about just racking up miles now. All the issues of the first 3 generations of testing have been eliminated, and Lake is driving one of the test cars 1,000 miles or so per week with flawless results, and the cleanest oil samples ever, along with the lowest oil consumption we've ever seen from any M9X.

Now we just wait, while I finish developing it for the 9a1 and Aircooled engines.

Hell, we're even doing an LS with SUMEBore...
Old 05-05-2021, 01:01 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Good to hear!
Old 05-05-2021, 01:12 PM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,829 Likes on 924 Posts

Great update and good to see progress! Reading the previous posts (in another thread) it sounded like the development was in very early stages just a few months ago and will take years with no plans of bringing it to market any time soon. Is the goal to still hit 100k miles of driving on the road for testing purposes?

Is the end game here to squirrel this away until Nickasil can't be used any longer bc environmentalists? This just leaves me with some questions given the above comments of cutting the cord on working on M9X engines at will. Could be next year or in 10 I guess. It will be good to keep this thread updated for other options, for the dreamers, if anything.

Last edited by plpete84; 05-05-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: 2019 Engine Rebuild Comparison RND/FSI/EBS/Vertex