Sponsored by:

2019 Engine Rebuild Comparison RND/FSI/EBS/Vertex

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 09:39 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
Yes I also met a guy that has I believe 4.0 from FSI , the engine looks real cool in his car because the car is black and has the red details. I saw him at the club concourse de elegance show. He was really satisfied with the engine. The car also has some FSI badging. Since now I don't have to worry about a rebuilt ill continue learning, enjoying trips to triple digits and maybe I buy a convertible.
That’s my R40 996. It sold on the private market earlier this year. The car is one of a kind.
The following 2 users liked this post by Flat6 Innovations:
Optionman1 (05-04-2021), sda (05-02-2022)
Old 05-04-2021, 11:16 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default It’s 5 o clock ⏰ somewhere in the world.

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
That’s my R40 996. It sold on the private market earlier this year. The car is one of a kind.
Jake you should buy this car in the photo at bring a trailer. Add Ruf wheels to go with the bumper and side skirts and a one of a kind engine build would look cool with all the red accents and you have your perfect 99 996.1 cable throttle car. Then you can use it as a demo for your craftsmanship. Anyway I’m doing shrimp, sausage, chicken gumbo and off course it’s already 5 o clock ⏰ drinking time somewhere in the world.

16-20 Texas gulf shrimp

White with gray 99, with 107,000 miles and original IMS bearing.

It’s not Miller time. It’s IPA time. Yes Original 2000 Weber silver, best $400 I ever spent in my life.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:20 AM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,411 Likes on 1,279 Posts

@3/98 911 coupe, was that local? If so, I hope I run into them sometime, I'd like to see an R40 in person!
Old 05-04-2021, 11:23 AM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,411 Likes on 1,279 Posts

Jake you should buy this car in the photo at bring a trailer. Add Ruf wheels to go with the bumper and side skirts and a one of a kind engine build would look cool with all the red accents and you have your perfect 99 996.1 cable throttle car. Then you can use it as a demo for your craftsmanship.

I can see 1 reason why Jake wouldn't want it...the front bumper.
Second & third reasons are it looks like it has a modified suspension and larger wheels.
Jake doesn't do Demo cars...no need to.
Something inside of me says that "Ruf-style" ain't Jake's style.

Last edited by TexSquirrel; 05-04-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:26 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Jake you should buy this car in the photo at bring a trailer. Add Ruf wheels to go with the bumper and side skirts and a one of a kind engine build would look cool with all the red accents and you have your perfect 99 996.1 cable throttle car. Then you can use it as a demo for your craftsmanship. Anyway I’m doing shrimp, sausage, chicken gumbo and off course it’s already 5 o clock ⏰ drinking time somewhere in the world.

16-20 Texas gulf shrimp

It’s not Miller time. It’s IPA time. Yes Original 2000 Weber silver, best $400 I ever spent in my life.
So far 2-3 people have sent me that car, suggesting that I buy it. I am currently in Porsche selling mode, and only have 3 left, of the 7 that I had this time last year.
Also, never buy a Porsche that runs. There's no reason. One day a white 99 C2 with a gray interior will find me with a broken engine. In the mean time my 1992 MB 500E will remain my newest car in the fleet, and I drive it everyday.

I sold the black R40 car without it ever being listed, and the same goes with all my other Porsche cars.

@TexSquirrel Yes, that front bumper would immediately go into the garbage, or get crushed with a tank. That's one of the worst ones on the market, and its a cracked head waiting to happen!

Last edited by Flat6 Innovations; 05-04-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:30 AM
jim010
Burning Brakes

Received 191 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by cpemd
hey guys, in speaking w/ jason outside of RL this past week and being made aware of this thread feel it’s a good time to introduce myself

my name’s tyler and am the owner of chavis performance & engineering (cpe). while i don’t force our work on anyone as i’m a firm believer of “to each their own” feel that the LS conversion has unfortunately received a bad wrap thanks to the likes of “hoovie’s garage”. while he makes for great entertainment while eating my morning breakfast, feel his take on the whole conversion is rather lackluster and somewhat misleading especially considering the fact that he opted for a junkyard ls2, w/ no baffling/oil control, and raced it around the track w/ a sump facing the wrong way (under acceleration oil literally sloshes away from the pickup when using a standard corvette/fbody oil pan!)

i have been performing these conversions on 996/997 cars since ‘17 and can say unequivocally that they perform just as well (if not better) than their factory counterparts especially when setup correctly w/ a properly baffled/trap door front sump pan (this allows oil to pour into such/around the pickup under acceleration), a proper set of coilovers/dialed in suspension, and of course almost double the power of the factory H6!

pair that w/ the peace of mind only found in a 30mo/50k mile warranty and you have quite the argument. aside from all the technical data i can provide we have these cars running strictly off the gm e38 pcm w/ 100% factory functionality and no hacking of the factory wiring to the point where if you decided an LS isn’t for you (which you wouldn’t LOL) you can simply revert back to your 3.4/3.6/3.8

i’m here to answer any questions you may have and to bust a few myths! here’s a few cars we’ve done ...

I want it!

Maybe the LS option can be added to the spreadsheet? Mind you, are the costs in the spreadsheet still more or less the same today? I've seen costs go up in the past year.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:38 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Demo cars

Originally Posted by TexSquirrel
Second & third reasons are it looks like it has a modified suspension and larger wheels.
I never had Jake scale but when I was doing euro Bemmers i would never hesitate letting people drive my M635CSI or my 745i got me a lot of additional business. The proof is in the pudding. Specially if they had just bought their cars with running issues and then mine were just as mechanically sound as possible with a few tricks and upgrades. If you had ever been to a tunner shop with high end mods they all have demos. Case in
point HPA.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:44 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default What p cars you have left willing to sell

So far 2-3 people have sent me that car, suggesting that I buy it. I am currently in Porsche selling mode, and only have 3 left, of the 7 that I had this time last year.
Also, never buy a Porsche that runs. There's no reason. One day a white 99 C2 with a gray interior will find me with a broken engine. In the mean time my 1992 MB 500E will remain my newest car in the fleet, and I drive it everyday.

I sold the black R40 car without it ever being listed, and the same goes with all my other Porsche cars.

@TexSquirrel Yes, that front bumper would immediately go into the garbage, or get crushed with a tank. That's one of the worst ones on the market, and its a cracked head waiting to happen!
. What other 3 p cars you want to sell???
Old 05-04-2021, 11:47 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default He was 2 hrs away

@3/98 911 coupe, was that local? If so, I hope I run into them sometime, I'd like to see an R40 in person!
The owner said he had a two hour drive To Kemah. We may see him again in Club get togethers. At the time I didn’t knew this much about Jake and FSI as I know now.
The following users liked this post:
TexSquirrel (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 11:55 AM
zbomb
Race Car

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,808 Posts

True, I guess after 2 years I forgot that someone took the thread way off topic in the beginning.
I know.... threads that go way, way.... way off topic are a pain in the ***** to wade through huh...

16-20 Texas gulf shrimp

I never had Jake scale but when I was doing euro Bemmers i would never hesitate letting people drive my M635CSI or my 745i got me a lot of additional business. The proof is in the pudding. Specially if they had just bought their cars with running issues and then mine were just as mechanically sound as possible with a few tricks and upgrades. If you had ever been to a tunner shop with high end mods they all have demos. Case in
point HPA.
The owner said he had a two hour drive To Kemah. We may see him again in Club get togethers. At the time I didn’t knew this much about Jake and FSI as I know now.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:25 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

-1964 356C Outlaw (my T4 engine, making g 227HP)
-1995 993 with my R39 engine (I have 3 people fighting over this one already)
-1988 Carrera (all stock G50 high mileage car. I may keep it and make a Safari from it)

Old 05-04-2021, 02:39 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Yes Original 2000 Weber silver, best $400 I ever spent in my life.
+1!
Old 05-04-2021, 02:47 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,053 Posts

-1964 356C Outlaw (my T4 engine, making g 227HP)
-1995 993 with my R39 engine (I have 3 people fighting over this one already)
-1988 Carrera (all stock G50 high mileage car. I may keep it and make a Safari from it)
These are all so cool. Not trying to give you any extra work, but a video on these - show and tell kind of thing - would be cool.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:24 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mike Murphy
These are all so cool. Not trying to give you any extra work, but a video on these - show and tell kind of thing - would be cool.
Yeah.. Bobby tries to get me to shoot videos like this all the time for the Rennvision channel.
To me they are all just cars. After all these years I don't even consider Porsche cars to be special. Never thought I'd ever say that.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Murphy (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 04:35 PM
ssherman68
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by cpemd
hey guys, in speaking w/ jason outside of RL this past week and being made aware of this thread feel it’s a good time to introduce myself

my name’s tyler and am the owner of chavis performance & engineering (cpe). while i don’t force our work on anyone as i’m a firm believer of “to each their own” feel that the LS conversion has unfortunately received a bad wrap thanks to the likes of “hoovie’s garage”. while he makes for great entertainment while eating my morning breakfast, feel his take on the whole conversion is rather lackluster and somewhat misleading especially considering the fact that he opted for a junkyard ls2, w/ no baffling/oil control, and raced it around the track w/ a sump facing the wrong way (under acceleration oil literally sloshes away from the pickup when using a standard corvette/fbody oil pan!)

i have been performing these conversions on 996/997 cars since ‘17 and can say unequivocally that they perform just as well (if not better) than their factory counterparts especially when setup correctly w/ a properly baffled/trap door front sump pan (this allows oil to pour into such/around the pickup under acceleration), a proper set of coilovers/dialed in suspension, and of course almost double the power of the factory H6!

pair that w/ the peace of mind only found in a 30mo/50k mile warranty and you have quite the argument. aside from all the technical data i can provide we have these cars running strictly off the gm e38 pcm w/ 100% factory functionality and no hacking of the factory wiring to the point where if you decided an LS isn’t for you (which you wouldn’t LOL) you can simply revert back to your 3.4/3.6/3.8

i’m here to answer any questions you may have and to bust a few myths! here’s a few cars we’ve done ...
FWIW I've been on this forum for about a year and a half and I have seen almost all positive comments about LS swaps. There was a thread a few months ago from a guy starting his LS project and a lot of people were very interested in it.

Quick Reply: 2019 Engine Rebuild Comparison RND/FSI/EBS/Vertex