Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Dealer is screwing me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But what does Stealth have to gain by fabricating his story?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Well an update.

We sent him a "deal" email, saying I would swap the wheels, @ the porsche dealer & he would give me $1000 towards new wheels & swap the rubber over, & keep the old chrome wheels. We also put in the email, about his lies, & screwing with us. He never replied.

So I had the wheels swapped, & so far we have not got any word for him, I'm thinking he just cut his loss with us. We still owe him a small sum of $$ for the down-payment that is less the $1000 we proposed. He will not return any phone calls after the email was sent.

Now, that the LOAN IS VALID, & the car is in fact mine, with the ugly chrome wheels here is some info...

The Dealership
http://www.luxurycarsnw.com/index.php
The owner is Andrew Plummer, & he is the one who sold me the car, & screwed me over.

We are also drafting letters to the State Attorney General, BBB, & looking at what we can do about submitting a fraud claim with the Dealers Network. We are also thinking about calling the local news, or submitting a editorial to the paper. But I feel non-Porsche owners will not have much sympathy about some one complaining about buying a Porsche.

Thanks for the advice, in the end the car was worth more then a set of wheels.
This is the car, that the wheels came off of

To all those who said I was full of ****, you can go to hell. This was a very traumatic thing, & really worked me over this week. I'm not rich, & this is my dream car, that I worked almost 10 years to get.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Well an update.

We sent him a "deal" email, saying I would swap the wheels, @ the porsche dealer & he would give me $1000 towards new wheels & swap the rubber over, & keep the old chrome wheels. We also put in the email, about his lies, & screwing with us. He never replied.

So I had the wheels swapped, & so far we have not got any word for him, I'm thinking he just cut his loss with us. We still owe him a small sum of $$ for the down-payment that is less the $1000 we proposed. He will not return any phone calls after the email was sent.

Now, that the LOAN IS VALID, & the car is in fact mine, with the ugly chrome wheels here is some info...

The Dealership
http://www.luxurycarsnw.com/index.php
The owner is Andrew Plummer, & he is the one who sold me the car, & screwed me over.

We are also drafting letters to the State Attorney General, BBB, & looking at what we can do about submitting a fraud claim with the Dealers Network. We are also thinking about calling the local news, or submitting a editorial to the paper. But I feel non-Porsche owners will not have much sympathy about some one complaining about buying a Porsche.

Thanks for the advice, in the end the car was worth more then a set of wheels.
This is the car, that the wheels came off of

To all those who said I was full of ****, you can go to hell. This was a very traumatic thing, & really worked me over this week. I'm not rich, & this is my dream car, that I worked almost 10 years to get.
That car 'looks' like a Boxster!? Can you repost the photo of your car - for some reason I can't find it in this thread...

mar
Old 10-12-2007, 07:54 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon
That car 'looks' like a Boxster!?
Old 10-12-2007, 08:39 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 419 Posts

We still owe him a small sum of $$ for the down-payment that is less the $1000 we proposed. He will not return any phone calls after the email was sent.

Now, that the LOAN IS VALID, & the car is in fact mine, .
Glad this is (finally?) over for you.

I've never taken out a loan for anything except a house, so I'm confused about what the fuss was about to begin with (all paperwork and documents supposedly completed and signed by both parties) and also how a check for a down payment somehow wasn't included with the original paperwork.

If it was truly a done deal from the start, I wouldn't have lost a second of sleep if the dealer was threatening me with not submitting the paperwork to the loan company to get his money. ("I'm so mad at the guy I just officially sold a car to that I'm not going to take the money- that'll really teach him a lesson!") The dealer would have come to his senses in a week unless he has very serious mental issues. No big deal if you have to re-sign some paperwork at that point.

But the second part is the part that REALLY intrigues me. After all this, how is it possible to still owe a down payment (especially one where you can adjust the amount) after all the dust has settled?

I don't understand the whole episode, but no one has ever accused me of being the sharpest knife in the kitchen.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:05 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon
That car 'looks' like a Boxster!? Can you repost the photo of your car - for some reason I can't find it in this thread...

mar
What do you mean looks like a Boxster??? ...Isn't it a Boxster?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
I think the confusion is because it is a boxster that someone changed the headlights on.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:06 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
I think the confusion is because it is a boxster that someone changed the headlights on.
Ohhh...that could be...I thought it was a Boxster that someone put a Turbo front bumper on it. I bet it has a "Turbo" badge on the rear as well.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:07 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

No, it's a 996 TT.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For a moment, I was a little confused This is probably just a picture of the dealership and a 996 Turbo in front of it.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Randy 1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know it's Friday when you do a complicated writing analysis to figure out if Stealth is an pseudonym of Adams993 (aka Mr. Ruf). Thought they sounded about the same age...

In short...not so much. Proceed!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 AM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ed devinney
No, it's a 996 TT.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:21 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I bet it has a "Turbo" badge on the rear as well.
I bet it does being as it is a 996TT. How many Boxsters have you seen with the rear side windows or did they add those to while reskining the whole body
We need a Porsche identification class on Rennlist.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:23 AM
RutgersU
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure it'll all work out. A businessman who spends the time and money to stick a banner to the side of a building is clearly in it for the long haul, interested in building solid, long term customer relationships.

Quick Reply: Car Dealer is screwing me!