Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Car Dealer is screwing me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:00 PM
ColoradoMark
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I would take a witness (perhaps one that resembles a middle-linebacker) along when you take the wheels back and maybe tape the conversation with him. What a scumbag!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Saint-Vieux
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is optioned on this c4s that you cannot get another one elswhere?..
Old 10-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Everything about what he is doing is illegal.
You state this over and over but then why are YOU are letting him get away with it?

There is NO WAY I would let someone change the terms of the dea in a situation such as this to my disadvantage without compensation.

It doesn't make any sense...
Old 10-10-2007, 07:09 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

If he doesn't submit the paperwork to the lender, that is his problem, not yours. It has no bearing on the contract.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:32 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
If he doesn't submit the paperwork to the lender, that is his problem, not yours. It has no bearing on the contract.
EXACTLY! my thoughts. He's OBLIGATED to submit the paperwork, unless you signed some contingency giving him the rights not to. **** that dealer, standing, running, and falling down. No Way do I cave. Call his bluff.

Last edited by FLYT993; 10-10-2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 10-10-2007, 07:47 PM
fixedgame
Instructor

this reminds me of a friend who is in love with a very average girl that doesn't treat him all that well. he vents his frustration and is unhappy but just can't let go. love is blind but i still call him a p$$$y.
there are other fish in the sea.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
Originally Posted by FLYT993
EXACTLY! my thoughts. He's OBLIGATED to submit the paperwork, unless you signed some contingency give the the rights not to. **** that dealer, standing, running, and falling down. No Way do I cave. Call his bluff.
ED Z
Old 10-10-2007, 08:02 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Name Please!!!

POST this Sum-muh-muh-Bitches name!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Randy 1
Racer

I'm think I'm beginning to see the problem: I don't think Stealth has a copy of the executed sales contract himself. The only copy with executed signatures is in the hands of this craven *** hat of a car dealer. In effect, Stealth has no proof that a contract was consummated because he can't provide proof that the transaction was ever papered.

Further, without any consideration, I would suspect that it's not a valid contract. For the attorneys in the audience, would the taxes and fees paid be adequate consideration to make the contract binding, pending payment of the balance within some reasonable time period?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:23 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Consideration = signed loan agreement.

It is the obligation of the lender's agent (the car dealer) to turn in the signed paperwork.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYT993
So he has no legal obligation to put the paper work through in 3 days, given everything was already agreed too? Secondly, as was previously mentioned, get the car financed on your own and just fedex him the check. I'd move the car to an undisclosed location until you can prove he received the check. He's counting on you "folding." He doesn't put the paperwork in, and then tries to repo the car. He's a $hitball so I wouldn't put this past him. I'd just secure financing elsewhere, immediately. What's his position, once you've PAID him for the car?
Originally Posted by palladio
Yes, but doesn't the dealer have some obligation to submit the paperwork to the bank? If the financing was approved, then isn't he the one in the wrong for failing to do so within the three days? Does the bank already have your information on file with a record that you were approved?

My gut tells me that if he let you walk with the car, a signed contract, and approved financing, then it's his problem to get the money. Unless he can show that you falsified something in the contract or there was a specific contingency putting the burden on you to supply the bank with the final documents, why is the sales contract void?

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I think this is an interesting discussion and there are lessons to be learned for here for future deals. I'd really like to understand how this dealer legally has a leg to stand on, given what Stealth has told us.
Yes, he is suppose to submit the paper work, if not it breach of contract. Yes, I have the signed copies, the Bank will not take them from him, they have to come from the Seller, we called the bank & tried.

Yes, he is breaking the law, problem is I don't really have much "damages" to sue for, this would be civil law not criminal. In the end, I would win, but not have a monetary gain, as there is no loss. This is where he gets me. You got to prove the monetary loss. The car is not it, all that would be done was if I found another car for more money, he would have to pay the difference. We looking into this.

Bottom line, I have all the paper work, everything I got when I left the lot was mine, there are no promises either way. He changed his mind after the fact & wants me to pay for it.

The best thing that I do for payback, is try to get his license revoked & go that route. We have everything in writing, including our deal to give him the rims for the contract being submitted.

Really I wanted to vent, & get some support for being worked over, this was very, very, very upsetting to me, & totally unfair. I was worked over by this guy & he is by far the shadiest dealer I have ever meet.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

What is wrong with taking him to small claims court? That won't cost you much and it will sure aggravate the hell out of him. Worst case is the judge decides in the dealer's favor and you get exactly what you have now. Best case you get a new set of wheels. Main thing is you don't let him have the last word....
Old 10-10-2007, 08:46 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

In my opinion, the car should be given back. The dealer screwed you, which makes me wonder what other kind of shady dealings he is part of. If he would mess around with you about the wheels, I wonder what other kind of problems you might have.... is the car represented correctly. and how did he acquire this car you just bought.

I would kiss any warranty goodbye. You know he wouldn't stand behind this car if it had problems!!!

I know you feel this is the PERFECT Porsche, but it will always have a black cloud over it. After owning several Porsches over the years, and searching for rare and special ones, I know you can find another one.

I would walk....
Old 10-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Bogwan
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please do our little Rennlist community a favor and let us know which dealer it is so we may avoid doing any business with him/them in the future. It may be someone here who is buying the 996 or know who is, and you could get your revenge in a roundabout way.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:01 PM
America
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to your local DMV and file a complaint against him. DMV have special inspectors to regulate used car dealers. Guarantee he will back off if the inspector gives him a call or visit.

Quick Reply: Car Dealer is screwing me!