Sponsored by:

Car Dealer is screwing me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:29 AM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bull
This entire story stinks....and a guy wants to whine and tell us that he "wanted support for being worked over", but doesn't want to do anything about it.

DONE!
+1 there is a saying " it does not matter how thin you make that pancake it will always have two sides ."

It sure would be interesting to hear this alleged bad@ss dealers side of the story .

He has ignore all request to name this alleged "as#wipe " not sending a pm to no one or even say why he is not mentioning dealership . I am sorry the more you post the less credible I see you . So many good people here offer good advice and such to no avail .

Sorry but unless you come up with clearer pieces to this puzzle you have lost a sympathetic ear.

Cheers Guy
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 AM
palladio
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by fixedgame
this reminds me of a friend who is in love with a very average girl that doesn't treat him all that well. he vents his frustration and is unhappy but just can't let go. love is blind but i still call him a p$$$y.
there are other fish in the sea.
Maybe a little harsh, but me thinks ye speaketh the truth.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:23 AM
David_J
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say if you are happy with the car and can sleep at night, they you did ok. Yes the dealer may have done things wrong, immoral, and illegal, but you have a nice car. I try and look at what good came out of it. You learned to never deal with them again. There are many of us local guys that can help spread the word not to deal with them.

One thing that a lot of people who don't live in the Seattle area don't realize is that cars, boats, etc always seem to cost more here. Yes you could have found a car cheaper somewhere else, but sometimes it's just easier to pay a little more for the convenience factor. Tax on cars is also 9.2%. Now that is what really sucks.

If you want to make yourself forget about the whole thing, bring the car out for the drive we are planning this weekend. We are not set on Sat or Sun yet, but we definitely doing something. It's been far too long since we had a good drive.

Enjoy the car. The wheels are the easiest thing to replace.

-David
Old 10-11-2007, 01:24 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Oh dear god.
You drive the car like crazy for the weekend--do a DE and take a road trip to Las Vegas, and return the car to the dealer next week with an extra 4000 miles on the odometer. Let him have it back. Then stand in front of the dealership on a saturday, carefully not stepping on his property, wearing a suit and tie, and tell your story to his prospective customers.

I bought a new RX7 years ago, and could not drive it because of a faulty relay that caused the heater to run in the summer heat. The dealer "couldn't" get the part immediately and "couldn't" take it out of a car on the lot. Funny how they found the part immediately after I spent 20 minutes on a Saturday chatting up his prospective buyers.

Or the time that a parking lot crushed my car (couldn't make that up) so I parked the wreck in front and told my story to their customers.

Anyway, I would have driven the car night and day for the weekend and returned it on Monday.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:52 PM
993 Azul
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
This entire story stinks....and a guy wants to whine and tell us that he "wanted support for being worked over", but doesn't want to do anything about it.

DONE!
+1 He took us for a ride.I'm tired of his soap opera,If the story was true,he received excellent advise from us(is this the greatest forum or what?)and kept
hiding between the skirt of his GF lawyer and spousing about his moral
superiority and complaining about our advise.I have concluded he is lying,prices paid are inconsistent,has failed to name offending party and somehow fabricated this sad drama for attention.Anyhow the advise received here should be a lesson to keep our eyes open in any transaction."trust but verify"

Joseph
Old 10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Just my two cents, but when I first saw the pictures posted on the car in an earlier thread, I thought something does not seem right here? Funny I am looking at this thread, stealth common buddy, your full of crap. Your obviously hiding something here, I would venture to say the car either a repo, salvage title or something along that line. No advice is going to help you out.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:41 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Maybe he IS stealth
Old 10-11-2007, 04:28 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 128 Posts

Give the car back, and then sue for the PPI cost in small claims court. There is a black cloud over the car now, and this solution would cause him the most pain. And make sure the car is in no better condition when you give it back than it was when you got it.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
ToddMcF2002
Advanced

Stupid dealer.

Personally I would have just vanished with the car right off the grid for a week. On top of that I'd leave the car out of state when I came back so he'd have to incur shipping costs to bring it back and wasting more time. Of course I'd separate the keys from the car and screw up the out of state address and once again vanish.

In otherwords, force him on ebay to solve his own stupid dealer problem.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:03 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 397 Likes on 229 Posts

I read the whole saga and don't believe it. There was MORE than enough good advice given and apparently this fellow took none of it and keeps complaining he can't do so. He's not identifying the dealer or even the price he paid.

I think we're the ones being taken for a ride.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:05 PM
ToddMcF2002
Advanced

Maybe so. Luckily its just over a set of used twists.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The other thing that doesn't sit well...even IF IF IF he couldn't find a similarly equipped car and he has some emotional attachment to it...ok. Well, the dealer could lose the 100k deal, AND if the guy were to just say, "fine I'll return the car", you KNOW the dealer was making more than $1500 on the C4S and WAAAY more on the TT. So call the bluff, no? No way the dealer is going to blow a commish on a 50k + done deal AND risk a commish on a $100k deal too...all for $1500? Even if the dealer was an idiot and in trouble with the sales manager, he'd cough up the $1500 out of his own pocket to keep BOTH deals, rather than accept returning the car and blow that deal or maybe even both if not done timely.

I also would have called the Pcar dealer and found out who the prospective buyer was and make sure they knew the story.

Or what am I missing?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JPS
The other thing that doesn't sit well...even IF IF IF he couldn't find a similarly equipped car and he has some emotional attachment to it...ok. Well, the dealer could lose the 100k deal, AND if the guy were to just say, "fine I'll return the car", you KNOW the dealer was making more than $1500 on the C4S and WAAAY more on the TT. So call the bluff, no? No way the dealer is going to blow a commish on a 50k + done deal AND risk a commish on a $100k deal too...all for $1500? Even if the dealer was an idiot and in trouble with the sales manager, he'd cough up the $1500 out of his own pocket to keep BOTH deals, rather than accept returning the car and blow that deal or maybe even both if not done timely.

I also would have called the Pcar dealer and found out who the prospective buyer was and make sure they knew the story.

Or what am I missing?
At some point I believe that we were told that this "person" was the owner of the "dealership"................
Old 10-11-2007, 08:18 PM
CN
Escapee
Rennlist Member

Something stinks "sniff, sniff"
Old 10-11-2007, 11:44 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Stealth 993...You have quite an introduction to RL and unless this is your last post, I would at least start answering some of these questions. Why duck it now?

Quick Reply: Car Dealer is screwing me!