Car Dealer is screwing me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Leander
But what does Stealth have to gain by fabricating his story?
Attention....sick, but lots of attention from his perspective.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:53 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
We still owe him a small sum of $$ for the down-payment that is less the $1000 we proposed.

To all those who said I was full of ****, you can go to hell. This was a very traumatic thing, & really worked me over this week.
Well this is a detail that would have cleared-up many of our questions.

A used car dealer with a vinyl sign? That pretty much sets the tone as to the credibility of the dealer.

I certainly hope all of this works out for you so that you can enjoy the car.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by john-'96 993 cab
I'm sure it'll all work out. A businessman who spends the time and money to stick a banner to the side of a building is clearly in it for the long haul, interested in building solid, long term customer relationships.
John, that is funny. I had the exact same thought when I saw that pic.

I'm sorry for you Stealth, since I totally understand the desire for the car, seriously. I have the same problem when shopping. But you LET him do this to you. It might be time to turn in the victim card. Just a thought.

On the plus side, this has been a really interesting thread and some great info posted. Very educational.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:02 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
On the plus side, this has been a really interesting thread and some great info posted. Very educational.
+1. I've got took look into this whole "996TT" issue.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Fred's 964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stealth, I'm glad you got through this roller coaster of a deal with the car of your dreams. Please post a picture of your new C4S. I'm sure it must be nice and I'd love to see the final product. Look for a set of 996TT wheels to get the look you wanted. They are available.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:19 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some pictures of the car.It looks like he paid $55,000 for it

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...d.php?t=100865
Old 10-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

to all those who said I was full of ****, you can go to hell. This was a very traumatic thing, & really worked me over this week.

oh poor little boy, ......
ROFLMAO......we told you what to do. Your choice was to get worked over. You did it to yourself.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:36 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
I bet it does being as it is a 996TT. How many Boxsters have you seen with the rear side windows or did they add those to while reskining the whole body
We need a Porsche identification class on Rennlist.
No class needed thanks! We were just being sacrastic to the fact that the 996 and Boxster are often confused with one another. I guess i forgot to post a winky face.

By your avatar, I can see how our little joke struck a raw nerve in you. Sorry about that.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:39 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Ok, so I'm new, I just purchased a 1997 C4S, it came with stock chrome wheels. I said no way, & they swapped them out for 996 Turbo wheels, off a turbo that was in stock.

So this was last Friday. Yesterday, they call & want the wheels back, I tell them, I'm not sure, I want the wheels on it. So today, he calls me 15 times, then starts to tell me my loan was not approved & will have to return the car, if I do not give him the wheels. I call the bank, & the loan is OK, he just had not turned in the contract yet & can not turn it in & go back on the deal. This is due to him having a buyer for the 996 & Porsche will not certify the car will the 993 wheels on it.

So, he wants me to swap the wheels over, & get the stockers back, or I'll have to return the car. I said the wheels are not the same, & that the chrome wheels go for far less money, & I want to be reimbursed for the wheels I purchased with the car. He said, hell no, give me the wheels, or give me the car!

Now I paid top dollar for the car, & did pay for the 993 wheels, he totally baited & switched me, & is changing the deal after, & blackmailing me for the wheels.

I'm so pissed off, that I want to cause him bodily harm, he is a sleaze bag! Has turned my dream car into a moral decision. Do I keep the car & cave in, or do I say go to hell, & hold onto the car, to kill the 996 turbo deal he has going?
EDITIED - I assumed incorrectly, removed that bad dealers name from my post.

*** WOW.. I did not realize how late I was to the game here.. just noticed the thread this mornning... DOH! ***
Old 10-12-2007, 01:40 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
By your avatar, I can see how our little joke struck a raw nerve in you. Sorry about that.
No problem I can see the confussion. I often mistake a Mitsibushi for a 993 when they are approaching from behind
Old 10-12-2007, 01:41 PM
mpgandco
Pro

This used car dealer has the nerve to have a Better Buisness Bureau logo on his homepage.I would think if you filed a complaint,he would have to remove it

http://www.luxurycarsnw.com/
Old 10-12-2007, 01:42 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
No problem I can see the confussion. I often mistake a Mitsibushi for a 993 when they are approaching from behind
And that explains why you always hang around here...you think it's the Mitsubishi forum.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Are you kidding me... 162 posts on this thread. Dayyum, I will not have time to go back and read... so does stealth still have the 993?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:47 PM
RutgersU
Racer

High price -strike one, makeshift dealership -strike two, craigslist advertising -strike three.

Some people just want to be taken. But hey, at least the dealer got him 100%+ financing.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Scooter
Instructor

Hey Stealth, I am happy it worked out for you. Sorry you had to deal with yet another bad dealer (there are a lot out there). Seems like you are a straight up guy and did not deserve some of the bashing on this thread. You got good marks from a guy at a wheel shop on the eastside who knows you, so you can't be all bad.

Being local, I am familiar with the dealership that sold you the car. Regarding the sign; it is not a temporary dealership, they have moved to that location recently, and I do see the points made in this thread. It is pretty tacky to have a banner for any longer period of time than say a couple of weeks. I have seen some nice looking cars down there though. There are a bunch of dealers like that south of downtown now...high end cars in old wearhouses, fixed up to look upscale (except for the sign).

Quick Reply: Car Dealer is screwing me!