993 Forum 1995-1998

Car Dealer is screwing me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Car Dealer is screwing me!

Ok, so I'm new, I just purchased a 1997 C4S, it came with stock chrome wheels. I said no way, & they swapped them out for 996 Turbo wheels, off a turbo that was in stock.

So this was last Friday. Yesterday, they call & want the wheels back, I tell them, I'm not sure, I want the wheels on it. So today, he calls me 15 times, then starts to tell me my loan was not approved & will have to return the car, if I do not give him the wheels. I call the bank, & the loan is OK, he just had not turned in the contract yet & can not turn it in & go back on the deal. This is due to him having a buyer for the 996 & Porsche will not certify the car will the 993 wheels on it.

So, he wants me to swap the wheels over, & get the stockers back, or I'll have to return the car. I said the wheels are not the same, & that the chrome wheels go for far less money, & I want to be reimbursed for the wheels I purchased with the car. He said, hell no, give me the wheels, or give me the car!

Now I paid top dollar for the car, & did pay for the 993 wheels, he totally baited & switched me, & is changing the deal after, & blackmailing me for the wheels.

I'm so pissed off, that I want to cause him bodily harm, he is a sleaze bag! Has turned my dream car into a moral decision. Do I keep the car & cave in, or do I say go to hell, & hold onto the car, to kill the 996 turbo deal he has going?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have the car and a sales contract from the dealer. I don't see this as a problem for you
Old 10-10-2007, 12:30 AM
McGarrett
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say F*** you. Sue me. We made a deal...KMA!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:40 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the last 2 posts. You have the car.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:41 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

I would think if there are no contingencies pending, and you signed, drove off the lot etc. -- its a done deal. Does Washington have a 'no cooling off period'?

We need Phil McGrath to chime it here -- oh Philllll--
Old 10-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

The problem is the Loan company DOES NOT HAVE the loan contract. It expires in 3 days if not turned in. So He is holding the right to the car loan, & holding it over my head for the rims.

Yes, I have the car, the loan is approved, but the bank does not have the paperwork. My GF is a Lawyer & looked into it & called the bank, the *** has me over a barrel.

I have not been this upset & angry for a very long time, I have so much pent up frustration & could run a marathon in 3hrs right now!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:58 AM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is it Attorney General time...just down the road in Olympia.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by chris walrod
I would think if there are no contingencies pending, and you signed, drove off the lot etc. -- its a done deal. Does Washington have a 'no cooling off period'?

We need Phil McGrath to chime it here -- oh Philllll--
LOL

Ok, here in Ca the dealer has a right of rescission, meaning he can rescend the contract with in ten days. Usually this gives the dealer protection in the case the cannot obtain financing for the customer. So technically the dealer is entitled to getting the car back......BUT.......that only works if the dealer is handling the financing......so....THe poster should just get his own financing, and payoff the contract with the dealer. Cash deals do not have the rescission clause.
try captial one
or a credit union..

PS.
How do you know the lender the dealer is using? Every dealership I worked at, we always shopped the loan, and really just guessed at who the lender would be. when we got the terms we were looking for, we placed it with that lender. sometimes it could take a few days.

Last edited by Phil; 10-10-2007 at 01:05 AM. Reason: its me
Old 10-10-2007, 01:01 AM
McGarrett
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what. You and he signed the papers. The deal was made. If the loan company does not have the papers, it's because of him. If he fails to uphold his side of the deal, he is liable. BREACH OF CONTRACT.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:01 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Wouldnt the professional, high-end detail job you paid to have done equal the amount or value of those wheels?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,782 Likes on 1,706 Posts

Pretty $hitty thing to have happen but put things in perspective.

You can buy a used set of 996TT rims with tires on eBay for less than $1,500. There's always a set for sale. You can also probably get at least $500 for the chrome 993 set on eBay.

Principles aside, is your risk of loosing the car, your aggravation or several hours of your time trying to figure out how to fight this guy worth $1,000?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:17 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you have nothing to lose by waiting to see if he completely unwinds the deal and you get court notifications, etc. Because you have the car, the ball's ultimately in his court to get/keep you financed. Besides, he can't submit you for an alternate loan without your signature.

If he's a new P-car dealer, getting the "right" wheels for that 996 won't cost him nearly as much as it would you. Plus he can still unload the offending chromies for some $.

Ride it out! and keep us posted! G-D dealers...when do "we" get to win?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:18 AM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this a Porsche dealer? If so, call PCNA. If not, threaten to call the BBB and your local TV news department's consumer advocate.

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but the dealer has a responsibility to turn in the paperwork in a timely fashion. Seems to me he would be in breach of contract if he intentionally held it up.

Another option - you say you paid top dollar. Give the car back and find a better car elsewhere.

Or... run over some nasty potholes at speed, then let him have the rims back. <jk>
Old 10-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by McGarrett
So what. You and he signed the papers. The deal was made. If the loan company does not have the papers, it's because of him. If he fails to uphold his side of the deal, he is liable. BREACH OF CONTRACT.
Yes, you are 100% correct. However, what are my damages? I do loose the car. My GF is a Lawyer, we talked about this, while we are in the right, he has the power.

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Wouldnt the professional, high-end detail job you paid to have done equal the amount or value of those wheels?
I actually AM a Professional Detailer, I still do cars on the weekend, & the job I did on the exterior would have been $550.

Originally Posted by Yunggrazhoppa
Pretty $hitty thing to have happen but put things in perspective.

You can buy a used set of 996TT rims with tires on eBay for less than $1,500. There's always a set for sale. You can also probably get at least $500 for the chrome 993 set on eBay.

Principles aside, is your risk of loosing the car, your aggravation or several hours of your time trying to figure out how to fight this guy worth $1,000?
Yea, that's what my GF is telling me, & you are right. I'm just so stuck on the principal of it. I HATE being bullied, & when I was younger, if I was bullied, they usually got a fist in the face, not that I'm aggressive, it's just I have a hard time with people playing with me & trying to manipulate things for their gain at my loss.

I looked around for another one, while there are a few, none in the shape, & factory options this one has.

Really, My GF sent him an email with the terms, & I'm going to swap the rim out tomorrow, if he can confirm that he sent in the loan papers.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by dcdude68
I think you have nothing to lose by waiting to see if he completely unwinds the deal and you get court notifications, etc. Because you have the car, the ball's ultimately in his court to get/keep you financed. Besides, he can't submit you for an alternate loan without your signature.

If he's a new P-car dealer, getting the "right" wheels for that 996 won't cost him nearly as much as it would you. Plus he can still unload the offending chromies for some $.

Ride it out! and keep us posted! G-D dealers...when do "we" get to win?
The dealer can submit all the loans he wants. He has a credit app signed, and a contract signed. If for some reason they cannot obtain financing with in ten biz day, the dealer gets the car back, and if the customer wants can resign the loan at the higher rate, or shorter term.... It changes if the customer brings in his/her own money. Cash deals are not subject to the reccision rights . poster just needs to obtain his own finance deal....and drop a check off for the amount financed. ....or get some type of discount from the dealer. I am pretty sure the poster would be able to get a better interest rate from his bank.

Quick Reply: Car Dealer is screwing me!