Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 11:00 AM
merrion13
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Alternatively, go with the stock interior and P1 inserts of your color choice in the buckets... IF WE GET THE BUCKETS!
I spoke to my SA yesterday and he read me an email from PCNA that buckets would be available for first US deliveries, so he was telling me that before I have to freeze my build that they will come online as an option.
Question for folks...what are the dash and door surfaces like for the Standard Sport-tex interiors like vs the leather? Does the interior cabin feel much different / premium if you move up to the leather or is the Standard still nice? I need to send my build by tomorrow...thinking PTS Meissen Blue for a May delivery.

The following 2 users liked this post by merrion13:
AdamIsAdam (11-10-2022), IPA1 (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 11:06 AM
IPA1
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 78 Posts

Toph, I had a 73 rasberry red 914 2.0 w/ all black interior. The color stands out on its own with no accents. The Ruby Star appears close in shade. If thats true, the red tones may clash. In general, if your going to have three colors, it's supposedly best to pick colors from three opposing sides of the color wheel with none too close together. Yellow belts would definitley be better IMHO. Can't post pictures yet but, the color wheel is easy to find and read up on.
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 11:10 AM
SpyderTarga
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by merrion13
I spoke to my SA yesterday and he read me an email from PCNA that buckets would be available for first US deliveries, so he was telling me that before I have to freeze my build that they will come online as an option.
Question for folks...what are the dash and door surfaces like for the Standard Sport-tex interiors like vs the leather? Does the interior cabin feel much different / premium if you move up to the leather or is the Standard still nice? I need to send my build by tomorrow...thinking PTS Meissen Blue for a May delivery.
I will never get a standard interior in a Porsche again after going leather. Standard looks and feels cheaper for sure IMO. You also lose stitching areas in standard.
The following 2 users liked this post by SpyderTarga:
blipit (11-10-2022), merrion13 (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 11:12 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by IPA1
Toph, I had a 73 rasberry red 914 2.0 w/ all black interior. The color stands out on its own with no accents. The Ruby Star appears close in shade. If thats true, the red tones may clash. In general, if your going to have three colors, it's supposedly best to pick colors from three opposing sides of the color wheel with none too close together. Yellow belts would definitley be better IMHO. Can't post pictures yet but, the color wheel is easy to find and read up on.
Thank you for the input! I hear what you are saying, and I totally get the red/ruby clash concern. It didnt bother me too too much because there is no Ruby inside, but I think I will likely go with the Yellow Belts (and hopefully some yellow accents on the buckets).
The red fire extinguisher is what throws me off now haha. Thought it would be cool to have that match the rest of the accents... Ive always wanted one and will be ordering it (call it a childhood dream/obsession finally coming to life to have a race car that needs one of these... even though this car does not need it)... I do track my cars often so cant hurt
Old 11-10-2022, 11:17 AM
IPA1
Instructor

How about painting the extinguisher yellow to match the belts?
3RsInCarrera (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 11:19 AM
IPA1
Instructor

And use the free dash color option to bring ruby inside. Then youd have three colors across the car. Ruby, Black, Yellow. That might pop nicely.
Old 11-10-2022, 11:19 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

How about painting the extinguisher yellow to match the belts?
So simple... why didn't I think of that
Old 11-10-2022, 11:31 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

And use the free dash color option to bring ruby inside. Then youd have three colors across the car. Ruby, Black, Yellow. That might pop nicely.
I tested this out... The Ruby color is already making a big statement, bringing it in might be too "in your face" for me. Here are some pics of it with and without.... My current build is WITHOUT the ruby interior accents as seen in the later pics
My current build (no official allocation yet thought as mentioned earlier):

Ruby Star, Carrera S Wheels, 911 model designation on back, Exclusive Sport Exhaust (only because it adds the exhaust button to the toggle switch on dash, otherwise its only in the PCM system), Rear Axle Steer, 7speed Manual, standard Sport Tex interior in black (hopefully with buckets), surround view camera (tight garage space), race tex steering wheel and shift boot, fire extinguisher, European Delivery

balucipher (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 11:51 AM
IPA1
Instructor

Both ways look good. The interior ruby stands out. There are so many choices. What about matching P1 seat inserts if you get the buckets? I'm considering them and hope Merrion above is right about the buckets. Interesting about the exclusive sport exhaust. How did you figure out the switch?
AdamIsAdam (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 11:56 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Both ways look good. The interior ruby stands out. There are so many choices. What about matching P1 seat inserts if you get the buckets? I'm considering them and hope Merrion above is right about the buckets. Interesting about the exclusive sport exhaust. How did you figure out the switch?
Figured it out with Way too much time spent in the configurator.... I encourage everyone to test this out. If you look at the toggle switches close up, without the exclusive tailpipes selected, there are two "Custom buttons" on the left side. If you select the exclusive tip option, it inserts the Exhaust button to the toggle.
I currently have a 992 with sport exhaust system, and I have the exhaust toggle. I know people who got it delivered without the toggle, even though they have sport exhaust... so im extra careful with what I see on the config, and this looks pretty clear to me on the T that you get it if you check that box...
Anyone else have different opinion on this?
Old 11-10-2022, 11:57 AM
adm63
Pro

Received 914 Likes on 334 Posts

I did not realize that about the exclusive exhaust, I have just been checking it every time and figured the switch was standard.
Old 11-10-2022, 12:02 PM
SF_
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Figured it out with Way too much time spent in the configurator.... I encourage everyone to test this out. If you look at the toggle switches close up, without the exclusive tailpipes selected, there are two "Custom buttons" on the left side. If you select the exclusive tip option, it inserts the Exhaust button to the toggle.
I currently have a 992 with sport exhaust system, and I have the exhaust toggle. I know people who got it delivered without the toggle, even though they have sport exhaust... so im extra careful with what I see on the config, and this looks pretty clear to me on the T that you get it if you check that box...
I'd be hesitant to trust the configurator for something like that.
Old 11-10-2022, 12:05 PM
adm63
Pro

Received 914 Likes on 334 Posts

True, it could just be a bug in the configurator. Honestly I just assumed the paint matched interior trim when PTS is selected was the same thing.
Old 11-10-2022, 12:10 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,066 Likes on 1,761 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
There's a post here somewhere with a picture of the various configurations of those buttons. As I recall, Porsche realized this snafu and, I thought, fixed it. But it's worth confirming for sure.
Old 11-10-2022, 12:11 PM
IPA1
Instructor

The configurator has been changing on a lot on the details. For example, PTS cars showed the interior trim painted to match until a day or two ago. Today, no painted interior trim and if PTS is selected it cannot be chosen as an option.
How does the switch impact the exhaust sound if at all? What is the switch switching?

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club