Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 06:09 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
Seems like two groups when it comes to selecting colors or cosmetic features for a sports car.

I for example see 911’s and 718’s as toys - big toys - but toys and they are unnecessarily fast, loud and uncomfortable on the road and of course generally inconvenient in just about every aspect from fuel consumption to ingress/egress; servicing costs, trunk space and seating - and typically only two seats.

In my case - I want my cars to catch your attention and not to be confused with a Toyota Camry or a Volkswagen or an economy car.
My cars usually have fun livery or are fun colors both inside and outside. See below-

even my Panamera is not just a boring four door sedan.

Then there are the guys who want to make their high performance sports cars blend in with the surrounding boring blah color cars. Black, gray or chalk or some sort of tan and similar interiors. Look at the cars in most large parking lots - white, gray, tans, brown, silver and maybe one or two in Orange, bright blue, yellow or a fun green.

anyway- there were comments on matching the interior to the exterior paint/ I have done this on two cars painted in Shark blue and I really love how the blue interior trim stands out and compliments the exterior paint. My T will be python green with the Green T package interior and green chrono and green tach and green seatbelts — and the paint matching green interior trim.

it will be a fun looking sports car and makes a statement that I am a toy - matchbox toy full scale.

see the photos below -

If you’re buying a typical car -even a luxury sedan signal orange is not a great idea.

But if your buying a toy car then it should look like the toy it is already.

I honestly don’t get the decision to pay $12,000 for a PTS color in some brown or gray color.

Just my opinion and I agree all colors are subjective and none are right or wrong.

These are pics of cars that I configured - and I designed custom livery for all of them also.

Negative opinions are enjoyed as much as the positive. Some guys will find these subjectively ugly and annoying - but little kids always love my toy cars.

T coming May and the 2023 Panamera in my garage by March and Corvette by end of March.

Love the Passion... I'm going Rubystar, so obviously im not afraid of color either... Not sure I could pull off some of these myself, but of all of them, this GT4 setup is my favorite.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:11 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
It's a non-issue. My wife doesn't even notice it's there in terms of getting in/out or sitting there. It's just a non-issue, don't give it another thought other than "cool fire extinguisher."
Thanks @AdamIsAdam This is helpful! I think they updated the extinguisher holder for the 992, so might even be more out of the way now, but I won't give it a second thought.
The following users liked this post:
AdamIsAdam (02-04-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 07:02 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Nope... In the Tech specs of the T, it specifically states that the angle is increased for more aggressive downforce.
For the 991.2 this was mentioned as a requirement for the "more aggressive" front lip to be in balance -- which was standard on the T.
toph4242 (02-04-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 08:48 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 469 Posts

Latest issue of 000 has a brief article on the 992 T. Python Green, carbon roof, and buckets. Looks great.

Still love my 991.2 T.
BOS911T (02-06-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 08:59 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 252 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
I think it's only the 992 GT3 touring wing that gets a higher angle no?
Now that is a funny oxymoron.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:00 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 252 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
Manual transmission gearing? Base is standard with PDK, T standard with manual.
Ding ding ding.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:03 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
For the 991.2 this was mentioned as a requirement for the "more aggressive" front lip to be in balance -- which was standard on the T.
Yup, same as 992T... we get the SPASM front lip, which creates more down force on the front, and different aerodynamics, so rear wing balances it out with higher degree of angle.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:48 AM
lone992
Instructor

Received 297 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Did we ever get confirmation on the final drive ratio of the t?
My understanding is that the manual transmission ratios are the same as an S. I haven't seen any published difference. I would really like to be able to row through the gears though. The manual S that I drove seemed to have had super long 2nd and 3rd gears.

Last edited by lone992; 02-05-2023 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-05-2023, 01:15 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

The GT4 livery took the most time to design. The stripes have red to match the red calipers and the red chrono and red seat belts and fire extinguisher and gold to match the Aurum wheels. The stripes are individually done so the shark blue shows through and the chip guard behind the doors is done in the dark blue also used in the stripes. The termination of the stripe on the hood was done nicely around the emblem and the lettering on the wing was done in the same gold.

the sad part was I just traded that car into the dealer for a first allocation of a 911 T and they immediately ripped all the livery off the car completely. They didn’t even try to list the car for sale with any of the decals on the car. It would get tons of compliments at cars and coffee and PCA events — oh well - it was not my car any longer and they did sell it for $20,000 more than they paid me…. Without the livery.

toph4242 (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 01:46 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

The GT4 livery took the most time to design. The stripes have red to match the red calipers and the red chrono and red seat belts and fire extinguisher and gold to match the Aurum wheels. The stripes are individually done so the shark blue shows through and the chip guard behind the doors is done in the dark blue also used in the stripes. The termination of the stripe on the hood was done nicely around the emblem and the lettering on the wing was done in the same gold.

the sad part was I just traded that car into the dealer for a first allocation of a 911 T and they immediately ripped all the livery off the car completely. They didn’t even try to list the car for sale with any of the decals on the car. It would get tons of compliments at cars and coffee and PCA events — oh well - it was not my car any longer and they did sell it for $20,000 more than they paid me…. Without the livery.

Love that hood stripe.
Old 02-05-2023, 01:47 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lone992
My understanding is that the manual transmission ratios are the same as an S. I haven't seen any published difference. I would really like to be able to row through the gears though. The manual S that I drove seemed to have had super long 2nd and 3rd gears.
I believe the T and the GTS share the same shift ratio... What I don't know is if the GTS and S are different... but from everything I've read, the ratios, shift **** and transmission in general are all from the GTS
Old 02-05-2023, 03:01 AM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
I believe the T and the GTS share the same shift ratio... What I don't know is if the GTS and S are different... but from everything I've read, the ratios, shift **** and transmission in general are all from the GTS

My understanding is that 992 T has a MT from 992 S, with shorter final drive ratio.

992 GTS has newer version of MT with better gear shift and it stand to reason that the older gen MT is being run out with the T derivative. This creates opportunity for 992.2 S to get new gen MT from 992 GTS.

unfortunately the final drive ratio is not published in the press release. We need to check the Owners Manual when the vehicle lands. Hopefully it’s printed there.
Old 02-05-2023, 03:29 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
It was funny as hell reading back 8 pages and hoping for that 5000 post seeing @Scott P just missing it. Hilarious

We call the shield a weapon here in EU sorry.

Only mistake left is that this is not an option but comes as standard. The option is the tinted windows with lightweight glass.

Not at all. With many others I just love them on the T and to me is what makes this special. The normal 911 badges are much smaller so I really love these T ones.

I have a somewhat more detailed opinion on this. Curious what you guys think. To me when you don’t have the sport design rear you need a badge on the back. Whether it be “911” or “Carrera T” is just a personal preference. The back is too empty otherwise. But if you have the sport design rear the added badge to me is too much. I would then prefer debadging and enjoying just the PORSCHE logo.

I agree with you on the Michelins. If not on mine we agreed with my SA to change them immediately.

About the Nurburgring: you can enjoy the Nordschleife even at slow speeds. So don’t worry about the miles. And you can always buy a ticket. Especially on Sunday. I have driven more than 1000 laps there and still is the most insane car place to go.
Hang on did I understand you correctly?
Assuming an optimistic ave lap time of 8 mins, you’ve spent 133 hours or 5 entire days driving round Nurburgring??
Old 02-05-2023, 04:03 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

That hood stripe design went through several months of revisions to get it perfect. Having it taper to the emblem was tricky and to go around the emblem.

The dealer ripped it off the day they owned the car.

dealers typically want their cars on their lot white with a black interior and definitely no livery.

toph4242 (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 05:59 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

That hood stripe design went through several months of revisions to get it perfect. Having it taper to the emblem was tricky and to go around the emblem.

The dealer ripped it off the day they owned the car.

dealers typically want their cars on their lot white with a black interior and definitely no livery.
Pretty much all the second hand 991 T’s on sale at mo in UK still have the emblems on.
Interestingly there’s roughly a 50/50 manual / PDK split

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club