Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 10:13 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,115 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
YES! That will look great. I have a friend with a white 997 GT3 with black stripes and then he added yellow pinstripes to match calipers and inferior and MAN does that pop. I can pm pics if interested.
thanks for the ideas!
Old 03-02-2023, 10:35 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarm
Oh dang, I must've missed this conversation. The T still comes with sport exhaust, but is the general idea that you don't get a physical button and would either need to enable VIA sport, sport+, individual modes or through the infotainment?
I believe you can set one of the button for exhaust but you wont have the image on top.
Old 03-02-2023, 11:21 PM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 230 Posts

So I never thought I'd poll the group but here I am...

I am struggling at times with Python and considering Guards Red. Mostly, because the rear bumper looks a little frumpy in lighter colors without the Sport Design bumper package (which I am absolutely not getting; I'm not paying $4700 for plastic and less of an approach angle). Am I crazy or does the red look better from the back than the green? I also like the way the red plays off the gray accents, it's a very classic color, and, of course, it's a free color. But Python is far more unique and is also the launch color.

I would do Lizard T interior package with the PG exterior and slate gray T interior package witth the GR exterior.

Any insights appreciated; my order locks 3/9.

The following users liked this post:
Macboy (03-03-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 11:47 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarm
Oh dang, I must've missed this conversation. The T still comes with sport exhaust, but is the general idea that you don't get a physical button and would either need to enable VIA sport, sport+, individual modes or through the infotainment?
Correct... The concern is that the config and someone at Porsche NA said that the Car comes with Sport exhaust as standard, but the button only shows up as a designated button with the exhaust image if you go for the Exclusive design tailpipes... The 2019 992 911s all had this same situation and were built with 2 diamond buttons, but then in 2020 they changed it to cars with sport exhaust all got the exhaust button...
No one knows what the truth will be yet
Old 03-02-2023, 11:48 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I saw those Ruby pics and thought, hmmm. But alas, today... THIS HAPPENED:
Congrats... You are going to be very happy with the Green and Aero kit!
Old 03-02-2023, 11:51 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DSC48

I am struggling at times with Python and considering Guards Red. Mostly, because the rear bumper looks a little frumpy in lighter colors without the Sport Design bumper package (which I am absolutely not getting; I'm not paying $4700 for plastic and less of an approach angle). Am I crazy or does the red look better from the back than the green? I also like the way the red plays off the gray accents, it's a very classic color, and, of course, it's a free color. But Python is far more unique and is also the launch color.

I would do Lizard T interior package with the PG exterior and slate gray T interior package witth the GR exterior.

I am a huge Guards Red Fan... I would have done a full blown Guards Red, Red Seat belts, Red Fire Extinguisher and Red interior Deviated Stitching if Ruby had not come out... that was my plan originally. I also love PG, but I say switch it up from others here and the launch color and go with traditional Guards Red... It never goes out of style.
The following 4 users liked this post by toph4242:
DSC48 (03-03-2023), Macboy (03-03-2023), Stespa (03-03-2023), Ørjan (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 12:34 AM
time_sink
AutoX

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
No apologies necessary. I don't even know if I was talking about anyone specifically. I tend to just read the posts and not really look 'who' posted it. I also didn't want to come across one-sided or shoot down anyone else's experience. I agree that it's mostly subjective. I just thought about the old school feel that you mention. I guess one would have to turn off all traction control to really get that feel. I haven't driven/compared RAS with it on/off, but that might make a difference in feel. I usually drive with those nannies on.
exactly why I'm beating myself up over ordering the T over the base now that I'm going without RAS. I'd rather skip the LSD as well if I could, but now there are no base allocations to be had. From all accounts though, its a less intrusive nanny than the RAS nanny. My thought process is - I'll hold on to as much old school feel as I can while still getting a modern interior and the comforts of a car built in 2023. Can't argue with the logic of buying the most capable car you can for your money though, and I can see why people would want to do that. I did, until I drove the car and realized I wasn't ready to make the jump. It's hard to make big decisions based on short test drives and perhaps I'm not giving RAS enough of a chance, but it's also a massive risk to take, and this is a lot of money for me, so I'd rather stick with something I know I'm going to love. Plus I'm never going to a track and my 10 year old 911 gives me more than enough performance for my spirited canyon driving.

Originally Posted by Macboy
I came to this forum specifically to warn people about RAS. I stood up and gave my hard opinion about it. Because I only read positive things I wanted to give a different sound. Rennlist seemed very pro RAS to me. I thought it felt very dangerous and artificial. Scared the crap out of me. I did not want to be that stubborn guy complaining about it all the time. I shared my views in many many words here on this topic. So I thought it was enough and I backed out. But I also did not want new people who are not reading everything make a mistake ordering it. So I was somewhat in doubt. Speak up again or remain quiet? Untill today someone opened a new RAS topic and I gave my opinion again (but on the safe side):

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1338...-with-ras.html

Came back here to find everyone debating it again which was pretty funny I have to say very nice words and clear explanation by all of you guys. Don’t want people to regret their choices so hope most of you will find a way to test it or just pass the option. The 911 is standard a great car. If you are new to this just skip the RAS. It definitely has less of a 911 feel which the 992 already has less of (not feeling that light front anymore).

Just wanted to point out specifically that a lot pro posters also say they did not notice much difference. Which is all you need to know basically, since the difference is just huge. Toph is of course saying something else, but he sat next to it. When you don’t touch the wheel yourself the feeling is never the same.

Did I already mention I hate RAS ?

@time_sink @tourenwagen @enigma @avid @Ikone @6sigma @Jarm

ALL THIS DISCUSSION ABOUT RAS AND ONLY 1 PERSON NOTICED THE LACK OF THE EXHAUST BUTTON PICTURE !!!!
you da man! thank you for consistently defending the no RAS choice and making me question my choices. If only you had gotten through to me before I gave up my c2 allocation in December
Macboy (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 01:15 AM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,115 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
I am a huge Guards Red Fan... I would have done a full blown Guards Red, Red Seat belts, Red Fire Extinguisher and Red interior Deviated Stitching if Ruby had not come out... that was my plan originally. I also love PG, but I say switch it up from others here and the launch color and go with traditional Guards Red... It never goes out of style.
love the M&M colors!
Old 03-03-2023, 01:25 AM
Humbucker427
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Cartod
Thinking about these stripes on my white T. Maybe with a lizard green pin stripe on the edges.
​​
I think that would look awesome! I thought about doing the same thing with a black exterior.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:25 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I have a guards red T on order - with red seat belts and red main gauge and fire extinguisher. Just ordered the base interior. Kind of over the deviated stitching fad - particularly on a black interior.

interestingly I submitted an updated build today and my SA updated the build and the lock date moved up by around three weeks to March 7 — and the delivery date moved to May 5 from June.

I really like the new system on porsche.com that lets me track the cars I have on order easily and accurately. Porsche now includes the Panamera and Cayenne in the tracking program.
Macboy (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 01:29 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Pivot
I am feeling left behind... mine lands only in May... which OPC are you collecting from?
I’m also collecting from Guildford - seems like there might be a crowd of us there😄
I know someone else also collecting from Guildford but they did say they had 12 orders for T’s

Last edited by Barkat03; 03-03-2023 at 01:31 AM.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:19 AM
rokkerkory
Racer

Received 510 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
I’m also collecting from Guildford - seems like there might be a crowd of us there😄
I know someone else also collecting from Guildford but they did say they had 12 orders for T’s
how do u know what boat urs is on?
Old 03-03-2023, 02:27 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

The dealer just said the car was en route but apparently it could take anything from 4 to 12 days to get to my dealer.
tourenwagen (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 02:55 AM
JOSCAL
Racer

Received 252 Likes on 138 Posts

Wow that rubystar looks fantastic!
Old 03-03-2023, 03:11 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Received 533 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC48

I went with Guards Red and included red chrono / clock, deviated stitching, and even red colour coded trim panels… I also went with sport design as I personally much prefer the look. I saw a guards red with sport design front and rear at the dealership last week and knew immediately that I had made right decision (for me).
It wasn’t a deciding point for me, but it was a bonus that it is also 50 years this year since the first 911 wore that colour.

The following 3 users liked this post by shane_b:
DSC48 (03-03-2023), Macboy (03-03-2023), tourenwagen (03-03-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club