Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 06:03 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,301 Likes on 733 Posts

(let’s just not mention the glass sunroof I ordered)
The following 3 users liked this post by Macboy:
HerrDr (01-15-2023), jonbek (01-15-2023), Porsch (01-15-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 08:09 PM
shane_b
Instructor

Received 533 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by FORENN
What options? Source?
Dealership. Was only a very quick chat, but I’m back in at 5pm on Monday to lock mine in; not risking waiting. Exciting! It seems some of the interior elements are dropping out… we know the PCCB is, but other are coming up unavailable at the point of order. 🤷‍♂️ I guess don’t delay if you get your slot.

Had a great day at Autosport International at the NEC today; spent a lot of time talking to PPF guys trying to decide what I should do…I thought I knew a bit, but the quality improvements in only a year or so have been incredible! I’m definitely going at least front end extended but maybe even full car.
The following users liked this post:
Barkat03 (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 08:13 PM
shane_b
Instructor

Received 533 Likes on 109 Posts
Default The Science!

So, I was just seeing what my good man Stephen Hawking thought on my way to Autosport International today… he decided to bring me up to speed! 😂 It was so meant to be! 😂
The following 2 users liked this post by shane_b:
HerrDr (01-15-2023), SupraSaiyan (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 08:28 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

I'm off to lock mine in on Tuesday - still some decisions to be made. Seats for one! I had 18 wayers on the Cayenne and needed the lumbar support on longer journeys. Will I need them on the T ??
What did the PPF guys tell you?? What sort of price are you needing to spend for quality PPF?
Old 01-14-2023, 09:12 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
I'm off to lock mine in on Tuesday - still some decisions to be made. Seats for one! I had 18 wayers on the Cayenne and needed the lumbar support on longer journeys. Will I need them on the T ??
What did the PPF guys tell you?? What sort of price are you needing to spend for quality PPF?
I sat in both last week and the 18 ways are a lot more comfortable than the 4 ways because you can adjust everything. No lumbar on the 4 ways either.
The following users liked this post:
Barkat03 (01-15-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 09:24 PM
Ethos_of_the_T
Advanced

Received 139 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
Made a lot of trips with this great daily car. Big trip to Germany Austria Slovenia Croatia and Bosnia. What a dream car it was. But mostly as a good daily. I will explain more below.

I consider myself as such, just not really professional

This version was a special Ben Pon jr version. He was the first Porsche importer outside Germany. The first imported car was a 356 in Fischsilbergrey. Hence the interior and exterior color matching that first Porsche. See pictures below:

The change that I am looking for is simple. I also explained it in my introductory thread here. My first ever Porsche was a 991.2 T manual in GR. I changed this car too soon and always have regret it. That car was a purist car and I drove it like that. Also the 991.2 GT3 I owned after that. They were screaming to me all the time: take me for a fun drive. Sometimes when I woke up middle of the night (I could see it through the window we have when going to the bathroom) I did not go to bed but for a drive. Waking the car up in the morning and get heat into all mechanical elements was such a joy in the T and GT3. Of course the latter one even more. The 992 4S does not have any of this. It is a perfect Porsche. But more as a daily. No better car to drive for work and private in normal weather and especially in rain. But never no morning in all those 9 months and 25.000 the car screamed one time to me in the middle of the night and drive around without any goal. Just having fun. It did not do this. So I knew this was not what I was seeking in my Porsche. And then the 992 T came along. My wife hated the spoiler of the GT3 and the bucket seats. So a normal 992 with normal seats was perfect for us. The GT3 touring to expensive and too hardcore soundwise. I also like the turbo with manual. The GT3 needs the PDK. And I wanted to be more involved hence the 385pk is just perfect with manual and turbo. So this is just my dream car to have.

Here is how the car screams every night

No you are not right. That last package also adds the inner door sill guards. This really is a must if you go for the deviated stitching and lower door parts in leather. These options all can be see when you sit and look at the passenger side. All door parts in leather as well as the inner door sill guards, they are meant to be seen with closed doors. Some people think only when you open the door. You pay for deviated stitching a lot of money: just the maximize it by chosing all the leather options. It really is stunning trust me on this one! Just don’t forget to add the lower door parts in leather. The fuse box seems silly at first, but it adds to the view on the passenger side as well. You will get the picture when you own it. If you want I have pictures (pm me).

The leather dashboard and door trim are a bit silly for the price. The door trim cannot be seen with doors closed, unlike the parts I suggest you to order. And the dashboard stitching part is only around the chrono where on the 991.2 the full dashboard had stitching. But the price is the same. So if you don’t know what to do spend the money on the parts I suggested. But whatever you do at least prioritize what I advice and I know you will love it and not get disappointed. I will be so jealous!

Strangely all countries have exactly the same configurator except Germany.

I am always glad to elaborate more. It’s very simple. RAS makes the car feel planted more and like driving on rails. 4 wheel drive also makes the car drive more on rails and more planted. So RAS on a 4S makes sense. Another point is that I love my rear breaking out in a corner just like a BMW. And correcting it manually. The 4S is not so good in moving it’s rear because it’s more planted. A AWD car is always less easy to play around than a RWD. The drift percentage is always more and not so natural to me. I like it all mechanical. So 4S is less fun to me driving in corners and so is RAS. Its adding more system involvement instead of more mechanical drivers input. I also did not order the steering help. Just want it all as pure as possible on my T.
Im very happy for you that you will be back in a T very soon, even if it does have a sunroof 👍🏻
The following 2 users liked this post by Ethos_of_the_T:
Macboy (01-16-2023), Porsch (01-15-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 10:01 PM
grinch
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Haven’t heard much talk of Gentian Blue here for the Carrera T… what are your thoughts? I keep coming back to this one and I find it so striking. I also like how the Carrera T side decal is a bit more subtle with the blue background color. Also, am I crazy to think black high gloss wheels work best here?? Really like the colored Porsche Crest.

The following 2 users liked this post by grinch:
Porsch (01-15-2023), Scott P (01-15-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 10:08 PM
balucipher
Pro

Originally Posted by grinch
Haven’t heard much talk of Gentian Blue here for the Carrera T… what are your thoughts? I keep coming back to this one and I find it so striking. I also like how the Carrera T side decal is a bit more subtle with the blue background color. Also, am I crazy to think black high gloss wheels work best here?? Really like the colored Porsche Crest.

Gentian is a cool color, I was in traffic today with a GB Macan and it was very pretty. I would lose the stripe on GB
The following 2 users liked this post by balucipher:
gtfour (01-14-2023), Porsch (01-15-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 11:12 PM
RichJ_cars
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by balucipher
I sat in both last week and the 18 ways are a lot more comfortable than the 4 ways because you can adjust everything. No lumbar on the 4 ways either.
Do the 4-ways have poor lumbar support, or is it just not adjustable? I’ll definitely try them both, but the starting bias for free, lighter, ethos-friendly seats is strong.
The following 2 users liked this post by RichJ_cars:
Barkat03 (01-15-2023), Ethos_of_the_T (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 11:17 PM
balucipher
Pro

Originally Posted by RichJ_cars
Do the 4-ways have poor lumbar support, or is it just not adjustable? I’ll definitely try them both, but the starting bias for free, lighter, ethos-friendly seats is strong.
I didn't feel any. It wasn't a bad seat, but getting in the 18 way and filling the lumbar and adjusting the bolsters so that it made a fake bucket felt pretty good
The following 2 users liked this post by balucipher:
Barkat03 (01-15-2023), toph4242 (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 11:21 PM
RichJ_cars
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
The change that I am looking for is simple. I also explained it in my introductory thread here. My first ever Porsche was a 991.2 T manual in GR. I changed this car too soon and always have regret it. That car was a purist car and I drove it like that. Also the 991.2 GT3 I owned after that. They were screaming to me all the time: take me for a fun drive. Sometimes when I woke up middle of the night (I could see it through the window we have when going to the bathroom) I did not go to bed but for a drive. Waking the car up in the morning and get heat into all mechanical elements was such a joy in the T and GT3. Of course the latter one even more. The 992 4S does not have any of this. It is a perfect Porsche. But more as a daily. No better car to drive for work and private in normal weather and especially in rain. But never no morning in all those 9 months and 25.000 the car screamed one time to me in the middle of the night and drive around without any goal. Just having fun. It did not do this. So I knew this was not what I was seeking in my Porsche. And then the 992 T came along. My wife hated the spoiler of the GT3 and the bucket seats. So a normal 992 with normal seats was perfect for us. The GT3 touring to expensive and too hardcore soundwise. I also like the turbo with manual. The GT3 needs the PDK. And I wanted to be more involved hence the 385pk is just perfect with manual and turbo. So this is just my dream car to have.
This is such a great way of putting things. I am selling a very compelling and engaging car (bright orange GT350) to get the T because I feel like the window to get a traditional 911 is closing soon. I hope the T screams as loudly to me as the GT350. Thankfully, I’ll be keeping another many-year-owned V8 car in the stable as a sibling to the T.
The following 4 users liked this post by RichJ_cars:
BaxterPup (01-15-2023), HerrDr (01-15-2023), Macboy (01-16-2023), toph4242 (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 11:21 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by balucipher
I didn't feel any. It wasn't a bad seat, but getting in the 18 way and filling the lumbar and adjusting the bolsters so that it made a fake bucket felt pretty good
Yea. I thought long and hard about this, but as soon as the LWCB were confirmed to be a no-go, I opted for the 18-way as well. In all other aspects I'm trying to keep weight down and go with ETHOS etc, but the 18-way just allows for a much more secure feel with all the bolstering. Im a pretty small guy (5'9 150lbs)... and I have no back issues etc, but I really enjoy the "adaptability" (pun intended) of the 18-way. And I also have always had a hard time with the idea of a manual seat in a 6-figure car unless they were the buckets.
The following 2 users liked this post by toph4242:
balucipher (01-15-2023), Barkat03 (01-15-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 11:26 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,066 Likes on 1,761 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJ_cars
This is such a great way of putting things. I am selling a very compelling and engaging car (bright orange GT350) to get the T because I feel like the window to get a traditional 911 is closing soon. I hope the T screams as loudly to me as the GT350. Thankfully, I’ll be keeping another many-year-owned V8 car in the stable as a sibling to the T.
Sadly, my GT350 hits BaT in two weeks also to make room for the 911T. I'm really torn about this one and was going to keep it, but I don't have the room. I'm the original owner of it and really love driving it. And this will be the first time in a while that I don't have a V8 in the garage, but I expect to change that in about a year when I have more room. We'll see. But for now, yea, I'm sad to see the GT350 go.
Old 01-15-2023, 12:19 AM
renn.tp
Racer

Received 601 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Yea. I thought long and hard about this, but as soon as the LWCB were confirmed to be a no-go, I opted for the 18-way as well. In all other aspects I'm trying to keep weight down and go with ETHOS etc, but the 18-way just allows for a much more secure feel with all the bolstering. Im a pretty small guy (5'9 150lbs)... and I have no back issues etc, but I really enjoy the "adaptability" (pun intended) of the 18-way. And I also have always had a hard time with the idea of a manual seat in a 6-figure car unless they were the buckets.
For what it’s worth, a big p-car enthusiast by me who is on his second 992 Turbo and second 992 GT3 touring recommended the 4-ways for two reasons: (1) you sit lower (2) under hard braking and cornering you could feel the 18-way motors through the sport-tex inserts. Only way I’d go 18 is if I had back problems.
The following 2 users liked this post by renn.tp:
HerrDr (01-15-2023), Uhu (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 12:42 AM
eibarra21
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by grinch

im going gb.
for a moment i considered black wheels , motorsport decal black and high gloss black spors design. Look was mean. But i do want to keep the Ethos 😆..
so gentian, high gloss black sport design and leaving all grey accents.
Free interior + shark blue seat belts. To be confirmed

The following 2 users liked this post by eibarra21:
balucipher (01-15-2023), grinch (01-15-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club