Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023 | 12:44 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by heyadam
I'm debating a few build configurations, curious what you all think.

Some context is, I was waiting for a 4S allocation and ended up getting a T allocation, so trying to the toe the line between keeping the ethos of a lightweight 992 and building out a daily I can do longer roadtrips in.

These net out to be a similar price:
A) PDK*, carbon roof, ACC & LCA
B) PDK*, standard roof, RAS, extra fuel range, ACC & LCA
C) PDK*, glass roof, extra fuel range, ACC & LCA
D) Manual, carbon roof, RAS, extra fuel range

* I know, I know... however, I would want to take longer trips in this car and having the ACC option and letting my wife also drive it (can't drive stick) would be very handy but I'm a little worried about resale.
I would consider PDK more as to what you want from the car versus any potential impact to resale. There are probably more PDK buyers than manual, honestly. I think the carbon roof is more likely to not return value on resale. I'm a diehard manual guy so would choose D, but I do understand the ACC and other half benefit. I do not understand why Porsche can't figure out how to implement ACC with a manual when several other automakers do this well (including VW & Audi I believe).
The following users liked this post:
heyadam (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 12:46 PM
merrion13
Rennlist Member

Took the T out to Golden this morning for a trail run, and got this pic of it before the sun came up -

The following 16 users liked this post by merrion13:
alin2 (09-06-2023), arrivederci (09-06-2023), Cartod (05-04-2024), ECNJ (09-07-2023), Edward911 (09-06-2023), HerrDr (09-06-2023), J Irwan (09-06-2023), Macboy (09-14-2023), mrcarlo (09-12-2023), RatherJaded (09-06-2023), Stespa (09-06-2023), timothymoffat (09-06-2023), tourenwagen (09-06-2023), Uhu (09-16-2023), Wilder (09-06-2023), Ørjan (09-07-2023) and 11 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-06-2023 | 12:47 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Originally Posted by Cachaco
Good news, got an allocation at MSRP. First Porsche ever, despite having driven quite a few of them. This will be a true daily. Coming from BMW Ms and Lotus (have an Emira on order too).

I'm going through the specs, leaning towards Shark Blue/Lizard Green T, Sport Seats Plus, Manual Transmission, Sport Design (front), FAL (my driveway is quite the challenge, even at an angle).

I have a couple of questions
Thanks!
  1. Does anyone have a picture of Shark Blue with the Lizard Green T Package? Have searched the thread with little success. What's the consensus of blue and green as a match?
I wanted to come up with other bold colors to put with the Green T interior. In the end I stuck with Python. I think it is a bold choice to match this with Shark Blue or RSN. For the most part I have seen that interior with less bold colors. Silver, White and a few black. I can't recall a RSN or SB care posted here with the green t interior.
  1. Lock date. Build sheet says October 10 but dealer says it may lock earlier than that so we should have a final spec mid September. Sounds odd...?

My last 2 cars locked early.
  1. Leaning towards Sport Design in the front. Unsure about rear, seems like relatively minor differences for over 1,000.
Personal opinion. I love the rear sport design bumper and think it makes the car. Others hate it.
  1. Calipers color. Am I blind? Where is this on the configurator?
You don't choose the color of calipers on a Porsche. The brakes are color coded to their technology. Some models do allow you to revert to black calipers, but not the other way around.
  1. Dealer says European Delivery is not available right now. Is this likely true or a bit of laziness because I'm assuming it requires more work/coordination? I did it with my F80 and loved it.
in 2019 spots were available for the asking, in 2023 they have been few and far in between.

Last edited by anythingbuttime; 09-06-2023 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2023 | 01:05 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Do not do Shark Blue with Green package, it clashes, go for Slate Grey T package or do deviated stitching in blue or yellow.
Old 09-06-2023 | 01:09 PM
heyadam
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 6sigma
I would consider PDK more as to what you want from the car versus any potential impact to resale. There are probably more PDK buyers than manual, honestly. I think the carbon roof is more likely to not return value on resale. I'm a diehard manual guy so would choose D, but I do understand the ACC and other half benefit. I do not understand why Porsche can't figure out how to implement ACC with a manual when several other automakers do this well (including VW & Audi I believe).
I’m frustrated by this as well, especially since the gears are quite long.
Old 09-06-2023 | 01:23 PM
Cachaco
Instructor

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
  1. Does anyone have a picture of Shark Blue with the Lizard Green T Package? Have searched the thread with little success. What's the consensus of blue and green as a match?
I wanted to come up with other bold colors to put with the Green T interior. In the end I stuck with Python. I think it is a bold choice to match this with Shark Blue or RSN. For the most part I have seen that interior with less bold colors. Silver, White and a few black. I can't recall a RSN or SB care posted here with the green t interior.
  1. Lock date. Build sheet says October 10 but dealer says it may lock earlier than that so we should have a final spec mid September. Sounds odd...?

My last 2 cars locked early.
  1. Leaning towards Sport Design in the front. Unsure about rear, seems like relatively minor differences for over 1,000.
Personal opinion. I love the read sport design bumper and think it makes the car. Others hate it.
  1. Calipers color. Am I blind? Where is this on the configurator?
You don't choose the color of calipers on a Porsche. The brakes are color coded to their technology. Some models do allow you to revert to black calipers, but not the other way around.
  1. Dealer says European Delivery is not available right now. Is this likely true or a bit of laziness because I'm assuming it requires more work/coordination? I did it with my F80 and loved it.
in 2019 spots were available for the asking, in 2023 they have been few and far in between.

Thanks. What do you mean by brakes are color coded to their technology? So what happens in practice? You get some random color?
Old 09-06-2023 | 01:25 PM
Cachaco
Instructor

Originally Posted by KenTO
Do not do Shark Blue with Green package, it clashes, go for Slate Grey T package or do deviated stitching in blue or yellow.
That's why I wanted to see a picture to see how it looked/clashed. Have not been able. I guess that's a sign. Yellow is a good option indeed.
Cartod (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 01:36 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Barkat03
I think my next T will have full body kit.
Had it in my original order then ditched it in favour of 18 ways and FAL.
Would prob get Burmester, keep 18 ways and ditch FAL
@ Jan : Is that Ice Grey Metallic? Looks great personally I don't like the sport design looks too sharkish from the front.
On my next order freezing next week I think I will go with 18 ways and ditch the FAL I had on my last one.
Incidentally did you put back the rear seats?

Same question to McAvoy does your car have rear seats?
Thanks for your time.
Old 09-06-2023 | 01:41 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KenTO
I totally agree definitely not Lizard Green with Shark Blue either slate grey or preferably deviated stitching if you can carry the cost?
Old 09-06-2023 | 01:45 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Good news, got an allocation at MSRP. First Porsche ever, despite having driven quite a few of them. This will be a true daily. Coming from BMW Ms and Lotus (have an Emira on order too).
  1. Dash cam prewire. Is this feature compatible with non-Porsche cams?
  2. Dealer says European Delivery is not available right now. Is this likely true or a bit of laziness because I'm assuming it requires more work/coordination? I did it with my F80 and loved it. Alternatively, PECLA, worth the 2,000? Good experience?

Thanks!
Dash cam _can_ work with other dashcams, but needs some slight modifications. It can make front dash-cam power installation easier, but you'd likely still need to run a front-to-back cable for rear cam unless you can figure out how to splice into the proprietary cable/signal. There's another thread on this topic

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1307892-preparation-for-porsche-dashcam-front-and-rear.html

Thanks. What do you mean by brakes are color coded to their technology? So what happens in practice? You get some random color?
Black/silver is steel, yellow is carbon ceramic, green is hybrid (car, not brakes), silver/white is coated steel. Some cars offer a couple color options, but not all. I might be slightly off on some of these, but this is the jist.
Cachaco (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 01:55 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

That's why I wanted to see a picture to see how it looked/clashed. Have not been able. I guess that's a sign. Yellow is a good option indeed.
Yellow is the ticket with shark blue. Plus it gives you the yellow stitching on the steering wheel and shift cover. Lizard green package doesn’t offer that. Or you could do like I did and get a boring white car with the loud lizard interior.

Last edited by Cartod; 09-06-2023 at 06:16 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Cartod:
Barkat03 (09-06-2023), Cachaco (09-06-2023), ECNJ (09-07-2023), HerrDr (09-06-2023), Uhu (09-16-2023), Wilder (09-07-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-06-2023 | 01:56 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Originally Posted by HerrDr
Black/silver is steel, yellow is carbon ceramic, green is hybrid (car, not brakes), silver/white is coated steel. Some cars offer a couple color options, but not all. I might be slightly off on some of these, but this is the jist.
Here's better info: https://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-o...-brake-colors/
The following 2 users liked this post by HerrDr:
anythingbuttime (09-06-2023), ECNJ (09-07-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 02:04 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Cachaco , Today 04:34 PM
Track Day

I'm going through the specs, leaning towards Shark Blue/Lizard Green T, Sport Seats Plus, Manual Transmission, Sport Design (front), FAL (my driveway is quite the challenge, even at an angle).

I have a couple of questions:
  1. Dash cam prewire. Is this feature compatible with non-Porsche cams?

@Cachaco What I can tell is you is that Porsche have finally fixed the dashcam software and it now works well, syncing with phone and anything else connected.
I can only speak for the Porsche branded dashcams.
Getting pre-wiring is a no-brainer, particularly as some insurers give a discount for a professionally installed dashcam.
Cachaco (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 02:21 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Originally Posted by HerrDr
Dash cam _can_ work with other dashcams, but needs some slight modifications. It can make front dash-cam power installation easier, but you'd likely still need to run a front-to-back cable for rear cam unless you can figure out how to splice into the proprietary cable/signal. There's another thread on this topic

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1307892

You are on the right track. Black/Steel Grey are standard Brakes. Red are 6 piston "Big Brakes". Yellow are PCCB's. White (or silver White) is tungsten? coated. Green is regenerative. Many cars offer the colors reverted back to black.
The following 2 users liked this post by anythingbuttime:
Cachaco (09-06-2023), HerrDr (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 02:28 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Lizard is borderline fluorescent, especially the belts. It works on a neutral color car like black, white, or silver. I don't think ti would complement any other exterior color. It's really too bad because if it was the slightly darker Mamba Green I would've chosen it in a heartbeat. Yellow on SB looks amazing.
Cachaco (09-06-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club