992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 02:27 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Spoiler

?THE END OF THE 911 IN THE UK?
A fact that may not have occurred to UK 911 lovers is that new ICE cars are banned from 2030 and hybrids from 2035.
So unless Porsche start making a fully electric 911 that’s it!!
In the European Union, Porsche (and Ferrari) persuaded the lawmakers to allow them to continue making ICE cars on the basis that the synthetic fuel being produced in South America will be carbon neutral.
This ‘green signalling’ UK government decided not to follow them😞😞

Last edited by Barkat03; 09-03-2023 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-03-2023, 05:34 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 427 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
Spoiler

A fact that may not have occurred to UK 911 lovers is that new ICE cars are banned from 2030 and hybrids from 2035.
In the European Union, Porsche (and Ferrari) persuaded the lawmakers to allow them to continue making ICE cars on the basis that the synthetic fuel being produced in South America will be carbon neutral.
I wouldn't worry too much about it because by 2030 the UK Government will most likely be bankrupt. OTOT the current National grid is woefully inadequate and there is no hope they'll be able to upgrade it by 2030 to cope with all the electoc cars. Electric cars make complete sense only in any heavily populated pedestrianised urban environment for obvious reasons preferebly in small cars. On open roads ICE will still prevail IMO
Old 09-03-2023, 06:39 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Taffy66
I wouldn't worry too much about it because by 2030 the UK Government will most likely be bankrupt. OTOT the current National grid is woefully inadequate and there is no hope they'll be able to upgrade it by 2030 to cope with all the electoc cars. Electric cars make complete sense only in any heavily populated pedestrianised urban environment for obvious reasons preferebly in small cars. On open roads ICE will still prevail IMO
The fact is even if the ban on new ICE cars is delayed, unfortunately there will still come a time when 911’s are outlawed.
What I’m curious to know, is what happens if I go to say a French dealer to order it then bring it here??
Old 09-03-2023, 07:20 AM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

The fact is even if the ban on new ICE cars is delayed, unfortunately there will still come a time when 911’s are outlawed.
What I’m curious to know, is what happens if I go to say a French dealer to order it then bring it here??

@Barkat03 I suggest we buy run-down chateau in France, sell bedrooms to UK enthusiasts, run telephone lines for them to to have a proof of residence, like the F1 drivers do in Monaco, then emigrate back to UK, bringing our cars with us.

How is that for a cunning plan?
Old 09-03-2023, 07:23 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pivot
@Barkat03 I suggest we buy run-down chateau in France, sell bedrooms to UK enthusiasts, run telephone lines for them to to have a proof of residence, like the F1 drivers do in Monaco, then emigrate back to UK, bringing our cars with us.

@Pivot Right - That’s it you’ve convinced me!
Here’s a £200k deposit from me. Let me know me know if I need more.
Great idea
The following 2 users liked this post by Barkat03:
N3DXT (09-04-2023), Pivot (09-04-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 07:40 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 427 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Pivot

Great plan apart from the last part. I mean who in his right mind would even contemplate emigrating back to the UK after going to the trouble of leaving here in the first place. France has much better roads, much emptier roads, much better climate, much better food, much cheaper property and three times less densely populated . To cap it all off France also borders Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Germany for an even greater choice of fantastic driving roads.
Buy a place in France, move there on a permanent basis and buy a 992 Cabrio Manual and enjoy life.
The following 4 users liked this post by Taffy66:
HerrDr (09-05-2023), N3DXT (09-04-2023), Pivot (09-04-2023), Uhu (09-03-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 10:17 AM
Radiationman
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 157 Posts

Great plan apart from the last part. I mean who in his right mind would even contemplate emigrating back to the UK after going to the trouble of leaving here in the first place. France has much better roads, much emptier roads, much better climate, much better food, much cheaper property and three times less densely populated . To cap it all off France also borders Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Germany for an even greater choice of fantastic driving roads.
Buy a place in France, move there on a permanent basis and buy a 992 Cabrio Manual and enjoy life.
France?!?!? I thought all the Brits who left England when to Malaga and other places on the Med side of Spain? Or they bought run down farm houses in Italy to renovate them...
The following 2 users liked this post by Radiationman:
HerrDr (09-05-2023), Pivot (09-04-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 10:57 AM
defiant2
Instructor

Received 152 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Uhu
This is what mine looks like (extended T package).
I haven't seen many interior photos and was afraid the non T "checkered tex" might be too bright. Not the case actually, but I don't regret getting the T package.

Like it -thank you!
The following 2 users liked this post by defiant2:
Barkat03 (09-03-2023), Uhu (09-03-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 11:01 AM
defiant2
Instructor

Received 152 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Uhu
GT silver is be "too" bright for me. I found slate grey to be "deviated enough" for me. But, to each his own.
You asked for pictures, I put the following two together: slate gray stripes for the T interior and without them for the normal tex interior.
Standard T vs "max" (or extended) T interior= you get extra the upper and lower section of the dashboard and upper side of the doors covered in leather too. Standard only has the seats, center console and lower part of the doors covered in leather.
Standard and Extended (non T), replace the slate gray stitching with a darker one. And no slate gray stripes in the tex material.
Green is contrasting more than the slate grey. Even with the extended T package, you will not get the color on the wheel or shifter (if manual) boot. You need to option deviated stitching to have color there too.

standard (yellow stitching extra, but tex material is without pin stripes)

T interior package
Thank you for this; very helpful! To confirm, the "T" pack does include a different color belt other than black then? The configurator only shows the green ones and I don't see this... but I wanted silver belts originally so this is a good thing!
Old 09-03-2023, 11:01 AM
Alex.In.M0tion
Racer

Received 505 Likes on 209 Posts

Spoiler

I fear that some time in the near future, in order to reduce the number of used ICE cars, they will start making it very expensive for people who already have them to keep them on the road. It’s already happening in California to some degree. Singapore is a great example of this with cars in general.

A big reason why I love cars is because of the large community of enthusiasts. Not everyone will be afford to keep their cars, so the community will shrink.
Old 09-03-2023, 11:52 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,006 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex.In.M0tion
I fear that some time in the near future, in order to reduce the number of used ICE cars, they will start making it very expensive for people who already have them to keep them on the road. It’s already happening in California to some degree. Singapore is a great example of this with cars in general.

A big reason why I love cars is because of the large community of enthusiasts. Not everyone will be afford to keep their cars, so the community will shrink.
That's very dystopian and unlikely. It's one thing to apply that to a recently developed island and another to apply it to places that have been planned and developed around highways. It's happening in British Columbia as well but there is so much resistance, it's begging for the next politician to campaign against it. What do you think @timothymoffat ?
Old 09-03-2023, 12:00 PM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by arrivederci
Anyone in Colorado going to the pca picnic tomorrow at bear creek lake park? As of now I’m planning to meet up with another friend (he is driving a beck 904 replica). It has been a while since either of us went to a pca social so we may not know anyone there. If you do go, there will be at least two people to chat with…
I will be in the area doing family stuff in the morning, and am going to do my best to stop by and check out the PCA picnic in the afternoon. If you see a yellow T at around 1:30pm carrying a skinny guy with grey hair and a beard (and probably a kid or two in the back seats) that’s me. I’ll keep my eyes pealed for a green T and a 904.

Last edited by cgaites; 09-03-2023 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2023, 01:00 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,830 Likes on 1,490 Posts

the same was said about horses.
Old 09-03-2023, 01:56 PM
Alex.In.M0tion
Racer

Received 505 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilder
That's very dystopian and unlikely. It's one thing to apply that to a recently developed island and another to apply it to places that have been planned and developed around highways. It's happening in British Columbia as well but there is so much resistance, it's begging for the next politician to campaign against it. What do you think @timothymoffat ?
I don’t know man, it’s dystopian until it’s not. I think it might happen in my lifetime (I’m only 35). There is also infrastructure component. It’s definitely going to start shifting towards favoring EVs. Possibly even no go zones if you have ICE vehicle. But I agree, not something to worry about for a while.
Old 09-03-2023, 01:57 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 908 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex.In.M0tion
I don’t know man, it’s dystopian until it’s not. I think it might happen in my lifetime (I’m only 35). There is also infrastructure component. It’s definitely going to start shifting towards favoring EVs. Possibly even no go zones if you have ICE vehicle. But I agree, not something to worry about for a while.
It all started with 5G antennas.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club