Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 01:34 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,264 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyray
I started negotiating a little before you, April I think. I started at 8% and eventually settled for 3%. I know, poor negotiator. The four dealers I attempted to make a deal with all said the same thing, limited or no allocations at that time, and not sure how many they would get due to Covid. Stopped by the local dealer yesterday and got the same story as far as whether they were getting any 992’s for sale on the lot. I put down a large deposit and settled for 3% but had an allocation in a couple of days after making the deal. What I’m getting at is maybe the 6% discount is your problem. Long time to wait for a promise. What about leaving a couple % on the table. Maybe it would motivate your sales guy.

Yes, many posts ago, another poster suggested that I may have been “bumped” because someone else came along after me willing to pay full price, or negotiated a lower discount? Made sense to me...although most recently, another poster discounted that as the reason? Who knows? But that’s the deal we negotiated, and that’s the deal I plan to stick with. While I like the 992, a lot, I’m not so desperate to get that car that I will cave on the discount. If they didn’t want to give me 6%, then they should have said so at the time I gave them a deposit. What I’m really waiting for (Jaguar tried this with me back in 2016 on a deal I struck to get a new F-Type )....for Porsche to announce the price has gone up. If they try that, the decision will be REAL easy...as in, thanks for the fun boys, but I’d like my deposit back. If I walk, it’s really no big deal to me.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:36 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by tfcoll
Probably a stupid question, but anyone see and cars posted on dealer websites?

I’ve looked at 3 dealerships in my area, and 2 had none and one had one 992...hideous color. So, that’s a non- starter.
The following users liked this post:
tfcoll (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 01:51 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Yes, many posts ago, another poster suggested that I may have been “bumped” because someone else came along after me willing to pay full price, or negotiated a lower discount? Made sense to me...although most recently, another poster discounted that as the reason? Who knows? But that’s the deal we negotiated, and that’s the deal I plan to stick with. While I like the 992, a lot, I’m not so desperate to get that car that I will cave on the discount. If they didn’t want to give me 6%, then they should have said so at the time I gave them a deposit. What I’m really waiting for (Jaguar tried this with me back in 2016 on a deal I struck to get a new F-Type )....for Porsche to announce the price has gone up. If they try that, the decision will be REAL easy...as in, thanks for the fun boys, but I’d like my deposit back. If I walk, it’s really no big deal to me.
I see your point holding to your negotiated discount. Nothing more irritating. However, for me , I really want the car and honestly I would have paid full price MSRP. I know people who are negotiating for well above sticker on a C8 Corvette . A deals a deal unless you have to have it, in which case what’s a couple thousand more. My guess is that for most on here including me and you it probably won’t put us under the bridge.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:09 PM
tfcoll
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

I’ve looked at 3 dealerships in my area, and 2 had none and one had one 992...hideous color. So, that’s a non- starter.
Just to clarify, do you mean there are 2021 911's on the dealers website with images of the car?
Old 11-06-2020, 02:33 PM
iamwingman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

Just to clarify, do you mean there are 2021 911's on the dealers website with images of the car?
That would be news.....doubtful. Would Love to see it though.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:34 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

No, the one I saw was 2020, and was a “demo” car, with about 4K miles.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:38 PM
Wighty992
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, but no pics. Circle Porsche in Long Beach, CA
Old 11-06-2020, 02:48 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by Babyray
I see your point holding to your negotiated discount. Nothing more irritating. However, for me , I really want the car and honestly I would have paid full price MSRP. I know people who are negotiating for well above sticker on a C8 Corvette . A deals a deal unless you have to have it, in which case what’s a couple thousand more. My guess is that for most on here including me and you it probably won’t put us under the bridge.
I enjoy the negotiating game....and prior to striking a deal, I read that 5-6% was a decent/fair discount on the East Coast...the SA started at 4%. I countered with 7% (not unheard of), he countered with 5.5%, and I said I would be adding about $40K in options, so said I’ll go as low as 6%....and we’ll both be happy. He checked with his manager, and we had a deal.

Ethically speaking, if a dealership does play (I don’t know that they do??) the bumping game, based on discount/no discount, they should disclose that up front, IMO....ie, “.if someone else comes in willing to pay full price, or lower discount, you could loose your spot”. By way of full disclose,
Old 11-06-2020, 02:56 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Originally Posted by Wighty992
Yes, but no pics. Circle Porsche in Long Beach, CA
Thanks. Amazing how many they have in stock.

My buying philosophy is - if I’m paying over $100K for a car, let alone $160K, on any car, I want it exactly the way I want it, including exterior and interior colors as well as all the options. I’ve purchased my fair share of cars, and houses over my lifetime, and I’ve learned that, within budget constraints, if I end up compromising on something, chances are down the road, I will fall out of love with my purchase. One reason I never bought a Tesla S...loved the outside, but hated the ergonomics of the inside. I knew if I bought, eventually I would regret my purchase.
The following users liked this post:
tfcoll (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 03:40 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

Although my TYD does not show it yet, my SA emailed me this morning to relay a message from the GSM - "got an email from regional and it read release date November 13th." So, it looks like we are now being pushed week to week. Oh well, it is just a car.

Last edited by Vintage72; 11-06-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:05 PM
kpblade
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 71 Posts

Circle Porsche is who I ordered from. Back in early July, I was shopping for a C2S Cab. I was asking for a 5% discount off MRSP, but was looking for Jan/Feb delivery. They said they did not need a deposit until they had an allocation. Got called a week later, the GM secured an allocation. They also got a Targa allocation if I was interested, I told them I'd think about it, but was certain I wanted the Cab at that point. Called back the next day, but it was already gone. I went in, $2500 deposit for the Cab, no discussion regarding options except color initially. Even got my TYD email 3 days after I placed the deposit. They even invited me to a PECLA Porsche Driving Experience in September. Officially "Scheduled for production" 11/5, and "Start Production" on 11/20. Dealer Delivery tentatively for 1/15. Got an email for PECLA today, stating that my PECLA delivery may not be until end of Jan or Early February. May just elect dealer delivery then. My experience so far
Old 11-06-2020, 04:18 PM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 438 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by kpblade
Circle Porsche is who I ordered from. Back in early July, I was shopping for a C2S Cab. I was asking for a 5% discount off MRSP, but was looking for Jan/Feb delivery. They said they did not need a deposit until they had an allocation. Got called a week later, the GM secured an allocation. They also got a Targa allocation if I was interested, I told them I'd think about it, but was certain I wanted the Cab at that point. Called back the next day, but it was already gone. I went in, $2500 deposit for the Cab, no discussion regarding options except color initially. Even got my TYD email 3 days after I placed the deposit. They even invited me to a PECLA Porsche Driving Experience in September. Officially "Scheduled for production" 11/5, and "Start Production" on 11/20. Dealer Delivery tentatively for 1/15. Got an email for PECLA today, stating that my PECLA delivery may not be until end of Jan or Early February. May just elect dealer delivery then. My experience so far
So my TTS Cab loads on the ship next Friday and delivery is at the end of the month and I’m doing PEC La as well. I got the same email for late January early February even though my car will be there 2 months!
Old 11-06-2020, 04:29 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Probably a stupid question, but anyone see and cars posted on dealer websites?
I'm assuming you're asking this to check and see if any dealer has actually received a single 2021 911 on lot, to which I can say that from what I've seen the answer is no. I pretty much run surveys of all the major dealers every morning to see if anything is actually on the lot, and aside from a slight delay if a vehicle has arrived, its fair to assume that no photo means no car. There are plenty of dealers across the country that have plenty coming in, but not a single one that actually has photos of vehicles on the lot. There have even been dealers "Cough here in the DC area Cough" that have gone as far as to list the 2021's as "on the lot" but alas, they are not there.
The following 2 users liked this post by MVRK:
LifesAnesthesia (11-06-2020), tfcoll (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 04:31 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
Although my TYD does not show it yet, my SA emailed me this morning to relay a message from the GSM - "got an email from regional and it read release date November 13th." So, it looks like we are now being pushed week to week. Oh well, it is just a car.
Placing bets when the 12th gets here it will get pushed to the 20th.
The following 3 users liked this post by Babyray:
speedyj (11-06-2020), tfcoll (11-06-2020), Vintage72 (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 04:32 PM
LASDSGT770
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 193 Posts

Received an e-mail on my inquiry at our dealer...Pushed to the 13th...

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?