Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 09:26 AM
Ernesto Otero
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

My car just barely got to Endem and got on the Goodwood. Was supposed to be on the Viking Queen with Dec 11 delivery. Now 11/27 😀! ...Hopefully cars are cleared by the respective government agencies by then.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ernesto Otero:
swingblade (11-06-2020), tfcoll (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 09:27 AM
jrnottarts
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 24 Posts

Today is the magic day!
The following 2 users liked this post by jrnottarts:
Ernesto Otero (11-06-2020), tfcoll (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 09:32 AM
tfcoll
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
According to TYD, my 992 completed production 10/23, in transit to Emden 10/26, arrived Emden 10/28 and is scheduled to depart Emden on Viking Queen today 11/6, arriving Davisville 11/20.

Appears from Marine Traffic that Viking Queen is currently taking on fuel from the tanker Akleja, so hopefully it will get underway today.
Are you located in Florida? I am and I"m on the Goodwood showing at dealership 11/20
Old 11-06-2020, 09:47 AM
Spyder8286
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow, looks like there has been quite a bit of discussion since I last checked this thread. Sorry for being lazy and not reading every page, but is today still the day? What's the latest? Cars in transit? Expected delivery next week? Hoping you guys get your cars. It will at least give me some hope that my Spyder will be released on Dec. 4th as I've been told.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:55 AM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

No change in my status. It shows 0 days for in transit but no actual date. Still shows 11/13 dealer delivery.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:57 AM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default EPA/CARB - 11/13? NHTSA?

My dealer indicates 11/13 for expected clearance.

i have not seen anything definitive on NHTSA approval of matrix-style headlights.

Last edited by peterdouglas; 11-06-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:10 AM
iamwingman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

Np

Last edited by iamwingman; 11-09-2020 at 01:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by iamwingman:
Bluehighways (11-06-2020), markchristenson (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 11:04 AM
TheStanman
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by iamwingman
They’ll have to sit on my car, and the associated cost to them, until I’m good and ready to complete the transaction. And I’ll be sure to keep telling them to have it ready for me and that I’ll be there with my checkbook on Friday. But of course, come Friday, I won’t show up. But I’ll tell them to have it ready the Friday after that. And that will go on for three months or so...
The equivalent would be to tell your dealership you're hoping you can come in by Friday, that you would let them know for sure a few days beforehand, and to not prepare for the transaction. And even then it's not equivalent because you have no costs associated with waiting for delivery - unless you already gave Porsche the $120K+ for your car

If you perceived it as the way you described, that's your own misunderstanding.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:16 AM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

Groundhogs day

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1161...te-status.html
Old 11-06-2020, 11:23 AM
ronflax
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts
Default It's worth the wait!!

I went through this waiting game last year, from September 2019 - January 2020. My order locked, and the car was built in like 4 days, then sat for about a week in Germany, got on a ship, took 11 days to get to the US, then sat in Rhode Island for months... I looked at the EPA website daily. I periodically asked my SA if he knew anything. EPA finally approved 2020 model year 992 base cars in late January. Once approved, my car was at the dealership in a matter of days. However, the months leading up to that were not fun. The waiting sucks, but once you have your car you will forget about it. It's not Porsche's fault, they are beholden to EPA/CARB and the government folks are short staffed and not that motivated to get these approvals done and oh by the way they have like 100's of other manufacturer's cars, trucks, EV's, etc. to approve as well. Believe me when I say, Porsche and your specific dealership would love nothing more than to get you your car and move on to selling another one to someone else. It can't be fun for your SA to have to keep answering the same question of when your car will be in. Be patient, it will be worth the wait!!
The following 7 users liked this post by ronflax:
comis_hq (11-06-2020), dribar (11-06-2020), Ernesto Otero (11-06-2020), jrnottarts (11-06-2020), LifesAnesthesia (11-06-2020), mdrobc1213 (11-08-2020), photonscience (11-06-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-06-2020, 11:27 AM
Anthony992
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 64 Posts

I just don’t care any more. At this point whether it is next week or weeks from now just picking it up to store it for the winter. Will visit it in the garage and on nice days take it for short runs to keep the battery charged and to avoid flat spots on the tires. So need a low snow winter for that plan to be effective. Real enjoyment will have to wait for Spring time.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:47 AM
iamwingman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TheStanman
The equivalent would be to tell your dealership you're hoping you can come in by Friday, that you would let them know for sure a few days beforehand, and to not prepare for the transaction. And even then it's not equivalent because you have no costs associated with waiting for delivery - unless you already gave Porsche the $120K+ for your car

If you perceived it as the way you described, that's your own misunderstanding.
i made no mention of equivalence. I’ve been given countless date estimates that proved to be inaccurate. I can also give projections of when I will arrive to take delivery. Those projections may also prove to be inaccurate. If a cost, however minor, is incurred by the other party, perhaps that will disincentivize repeatedly giving out worthless dates.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:23 PM
CodyBigdog
On temporary vacation

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,264 Posts

For me, anyway, the longest part of the wait (so far) has been trying to get an allocation. Mine is an all cash deal, with no trade in or financing. Give me the car and I will come with $160+K (minus the 6% discount) of cash.Simple deal. I knew exactly what I wanted from day one, and left a small deposit in late June 2020. At that time, I was assured by my SA that he would have an allocation for me by August, if not before, with an 8 week period, after “locked in” before it was delivered. So, on his word, I expected I would get a call to come in and lock in my build, by August, at the latest. That timeframe was fine with me, and I had zero reason to doubt his timeline. So, as August came and went, with no word about an allocation, I started checking in every week, or two...and always got the same response, “any day now...the COVID has slowed down production and parts delivery, etc”. OK, fine. Fast forward 2 months, we are now in November, and I still wait for an allocation...followed by my SA’s apologetic excuses. Still OK. The latest is, he assures me I will have my car no later than May 2021. As I do NOT want to take delivery in the Winter, that’s still fine. Not upset, just befuddled by the delay. In the meantime, I have begun talking to other Porsche dealerships in my area, and, have also started to look at other brands such as AM and Maserati. Even thinking of Tesla? Everything is up in the air at this point.

But it;s worth noting: (1) MY delay, while perhaps unusual (??), is all on Porsche/my dealership...not the EPA; (2) I have zero evidence to make me believe that going to another Porsche dealership in my area, will lead to a quicker resolution...as the dealership I started this journey with, has a very good reputation; and (3) Any manufacturer who has no problems with demand for their products, and who can charge thousands of dollars for options that come standard on lesser cars....I don’t think is too worried about “customer satisfaction”.

True Story: Years ago I went to an auto show in Boston. At that time, I was considering a BMW, so I spent some time talking to a BMW rep at the auto show, who just so happened to be from Germany. Long story short, I asked him why BMW (at that time) did not import some of their higher performance, sportier models into the US?? His response was classic German arrogance (first in German): :“Hunde essen Hundefutter”...Dogs eat dog food. Woof.

...and so the journey continues.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-06-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:52 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
For me, anyway, the longest part of the wait (so far) has been trying to get an allocation. Mine is an all cash deal, with no trade in or financing. Give me the car and I will come with $160+K (minus the 6% discount) of cash.Simple deal. I knew exactly what I wanted from day one, and left a small deposit in late June 2020. At that time, I was assured by my SA that he would have an allocation for me by August, if not before, with an 8 week period, after “locked in” before it was delivered. So, on his word, I expected I would get a call to come in and lock in my build, by August, at the latest. That timeframe was fine with me, and I had zero reason to doubt his timeline. So, as August came and went, with no word about an allocation, I started checking in every week, or two...and always got the same response, “any day now...the COVID has slowed down production and parts delivery, etc”. OK, fine. Fast forward 2 months, we are now in November, and I still wait for an allocation...followed by my SA’s apologetic excuses. Still OK. The latest is, he assures me I will have my car no later than May 2021. As I do NOT want to take delivery in the Winter, that’s still fine. Not upset, just befuddled by the delay. In the meantime, I have begun talking to other Porsche dealerships in my area, and, have also started to look at other brands such as AM and Maserati. Even thinking of Tesla? Everything is up in the air at this point.

But it;s worth noting: (1) MY delay, while perhaps unusual (??), is all on Porsche/my dealership...not the EPA; (2) I have zero evidence to make me believe that going to another Porsche dealership in my area, will lead to a quicker resolution...as the dealership I started this journey with, has a very good reputation; and (3) Any manufacturer who has no problems with demand for their products, and who can charge thousands of dollars for options that come standard on lesser cars....I don’t think is too worried about “customer satisfaction”.

True Story: Years ago I went to an auto show in Boston. At that time, I was considering a BMW, so I spent some time talking to a BMW rep at the auto show, who just so happened to be from Germany. Long story short, I asked him why BMW (at that time) did not import some of their higher performance, sportier models into the US?? His response was classic German arrogance (first in German): :“Hunde essen Hundefutter”...Dogs eat dog food. Woof.

...and so the journey continues.
I started negotiating a little before you, April I think. I started at 8% and eventually settled for 3%. I know, poor negotiator. The four dealers I attempted to make a deal with all said the same thing, limited or no allocations at that time, and not sure how many they would get due to Covid. Stopped by the local dealer yesterday and got the same story as far as whether they were getting any 992’s for sale on the lot. I put down a large deposit and settled for 3% but had an allocation in a couple of days after making the deal. What I’m getting at is maybe the 6% discount is your problem. Long time to wait for a promise. What about leaving a couple % on the table. Maybe it would motivate your sales guy.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:04 PM
tfcoll
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Probably a stupid question, but anyone see and cars posted on dealer websites?

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?