Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 09:41 PM
Mjchernis
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

As of 1pm ET today my SA/SM was still saying arrival Friday...not sure I believe them though given how many times they have been wrong. Honestly, it is hard to tell what they actually know vs. what they are authorized to say to clients. They seem more clueless than actually seems possible. You'd think they would have more detail about something that can't be good for their businesses. No cars=No cash flow. Can't be good. How could they also be so in the dark?
Old 10-06-2020, 10:25 PM
CliffClavin
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

My date was just updated on track your dream to November 6 too....
Old 10-06-2020, 10:28 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by CliffClavin
My date was just updated on track your dream to November 6 too....
Oh F_____ NO. This is not good. Something is straight up "wrong" and we are being left in the dark by Porsche. I am Harry Potter stupified. Let me collect my thoughts and feelings before I dare post again.

Okay, my TYD has now pushed me to November 6 and my SM has responded that "it is the EPA." I pointed out that the EPA says it is Porsche. No response and they have no clue as to when they will have our cars in their hands.

Last edited by Vintage72; 10-06-2020 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:08 PM
Brandguy
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Both my dealer and my TYD still say 10/9 delivery, but to the points above, no real reason to believe that anymore. It will be bitterly disappointing if they push it all the way to 11/6.

This is my first Porsche so hoping I feel differently once I am behind the wheel, but the whole experience at this point has left a bad taste in my mouth. I've been on this forum for the better part of a year, and am at peace with all the debates around tradeoffs of 911 ownership (winter wheels, cost of service, PPF, etc, etc) -- I get it, nothing like a Porsche - I'm all in. But at the end of the day, the decision to spend over $150k on a car ought to at least come with a decent approximation of when that car will be in your possession. If I had known back in May that it would possibly be Nov before I would take delivery, I may have ended up making the same decision, but I certainly would have looked at other options (compromising on a differently optioned 2020 on the floor; grabbing a 991 for a year or two; etc).
The following 2 users liked this post by Brandguy:
Babyray (10-07-2020), speedyj (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 11:21 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,660 Likes on 1,252 Posts

H-m-m-m-m-m-m my TYD is still showing October 30th for mine here in Southern California. I wonder if the Hurricane(s) forecast might have something to do with deliveries via any ports in the Gulf?

Well now . . . although the arrival of mine at the Port of San Diego is still showing 10/24 in TYD, the arrival at the dealer is all of a sudden now 11/13 instead of 10/30.

Last edited by Bluehighways; 10-07-2020 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:41 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Unlikely, Mine is still 10/9 for now.. I expect this to change tho
Old 10-06-2020, 11:48 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Mine is still 10/9 as of right this minute. I expect that to change again as all dates are just meaningless. Porsche needs to do a better job of setting expectations. Customers get upset when you give them dates and don’t meet them. Sure things happen but my dates have changed at least 5 times on delivery date. At this point no date is real. Just get used to being disappointed.
The following users liked this post:
speedyj (10-06-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 03:24 AM
Faded9
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine arrived at the port in San Diego today. Originally projected to reach the dealer on 10/9/20. TYD just got updated today and now projected to reach the dealer on 11/6/20 now. I wish they would get their act together.

And forget about the production pics. Never got those either. Can't say I'm too impressed with Porsche so far.

Last edited by Faded9; 10-07-2020 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:44 AM
photonscience
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 46 Posts
Angry

Son-of-a-B. They just pushed my delivery date out a month to 11/13. What the heck is going on?
Old 10-07-2020, 06:11 AM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Mine is now 11/13 as well
Old 10-07-2020, 07:15 AM
iamwingman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

11\13 here as well. Switched sometime overnight. Son of a biscuit! Another month of my car sitting out in the rain and sun. 2 months sitting in Florida sun can’t be good for the paint. This blows..
Old 10-07-2020, 08:07 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,660 Likes on 1,252 Posts

Another switch. Now 11/13 at the dealer. However the arrival in San Diego is still 10/24. Something is going on. Doesn’t really seem like business as usual.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:23 AM
Mjchernis
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Yep...think we should all push the dealers for some form of compensation.. We did not sign up to purchase a "new" car that sat outside in sun/rain for 2.5 months. If we wanted a car off the lot, we would have purchased one. Maybe some discount? Or, a ceramic coat (with paint correction) to clean up the mess they created? I'm seriously thinking about just cancelling the order and starting again--not like I'm able to use the car between 11/13 and 4/1 much anyways.

At the very least, we should all signal more loudly how unacceptable the lack of information is.
The following users liked this post:
LifesAnesthesia (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 08:25 AM
Anthony992
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 64 Posts

My Porsche shows as unavailable when I just went in to check. Maybe they realized showing all these crazy dates that don’t mean anything is not good for customer relations.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:47 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 452 Posts

Guys...have seen this before when I ordered a 2016 Cayenne diesel right before dieselgate happened. Our car landed at port and got pushed and pushed and ultimately locked down and never released to us. Dealership has similar confusing info story but did good by offering us a Cayenne v6 that was in shipment to another dealer that met our purposes after the initial delivery date blew past...was Nov 2016..then Dec 2016..and then who knows. Got the other car in mid Feb 2016. I digress...what likely is going on is a combo of things or tragedy of efforts..Porsche wants the cars sold, money in hands, happy customers, best sports car bragging rights etc....EPA wants to avoid dieselgate, and ensure they've dotted every t and I here likely...also if one does recall some prior discussions on increased tariffs on imported autos and outright banning was a frequent topic of discussion in 2019 and into early 2020. Some levels of govt even wanted to stop those German autos from taking away from good American jobs and automobile industry models. That didn't happen but who knows what effects may still be in play due to some of that rhetoric/comments? We don't...but could be a reason why "approvals" are slowed.

Finally as one other RL mentioned and I did also...we're still in a pandemic guys/gals. ALL things that require the work of a person and/or group of people are not happening normally and this is worldwide. Some folks are teleworking, others working in place less days than normal which means normal processes to include paperwork are taking folks and businesses by surprise. Regular meetings and appts are taking place less and less and that makes things like this probably affected too. I suspect this may be part of the delays too everyone is seeing. Dealer has not say and is just relaying info by the principal parties...each which is promising something that can easily get derailed if say key persons on the staff get infected with COVID19 say and are out and alternates may be found or even the relay of documents is delayed due to alternate work schedules. Just a thought here guys...

I work for the govt in the capacity of an AD service-member and also have a car on order and I have seen first hand how things which normally are easy and occurred almost by second nature have NOT happened for the past 6+ mos due to the pandemic. Add in anything involving something from overseas and interagency actions by more than one person and delays have fallen from the sky like rain. Meetings for example that were held monthly from DC area have been postponed and delayed in some cases since early Spring...work has stacked up and in some cases dropped and this is just in my small area of the govt DOD. So delay don't surprise me anymore as the car will arrive when it arrives. Understand your pain...ask the dealership to make it better if you feel that upset about it...maybe they will give you a track day at the school in Birmingham. Maybe enough of us with delayed cars leverage PCNA to do the same...but doubt its a vast conspiracy to keep cars from owners or ineptitude...has happened before as I note with my Cayenne and some also with previous orders...but for some reason from where I sit I've seen huge delays amongst govt agencies at this time due to COVID19 which IMHO may have broken and already fragile "approval + release" process. Fingers crossed tho still for all awaiting on cars!

BTW mine is somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic now on its way to San Diego or so my SA says...TYD still thinks its a Emden! LOL. SMDH...It will get here when the slow boat gets it here...just don't sink or anything in a hurricane please Porsche.
The following 2 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
gohawks23 (10-07-2020), Russian Mafia (10-08-2020)

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?