Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 09:17 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder8286
Getting back to the cars, has anyone asked PCNA or their dealer for anything as compensation for the delay? A second year of complimentary service? New battery? Discount on the sale price? Anything? If so, any luck? Worth noting that people who pre-traded cars have essentially provided an interest free loan for [x] months.
Did ask - nothing substantive related to the vehicle. Did get a Porsche jacket from them ($250) for the inconvenience.... They're hurting pretty bad from all of this so can't expect much from the dealership. PCNA might want to step up and do something though.
The following users liked this post:
mr965 (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 10:56 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,660 Likes on 1,252 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder8286
Getting back to the cars, has anyone asked PCNA or their dealer for anything as compensation for the delay? A second year of complimentary service? New battery? Discount on the sale price? Anything? If so, any luck? Worth noting that people who pre-traded cars have essentially provided an interest free loan for [x] months.
It never hurts to ask. Next, seriously think about what you're asking for and who has to pay for it as well as what it costs them versus what it retails for. So things like: 1.) What in the trade is called Trinkets & Trash. They cost very little compared to what the retail price is: Shirts, Hats, Coffee Cups and the like. 2.) Discounts on Parts. A dealer typically marks up a part (other than Batteries which are almost non profit producing commodities) anywhere from 28% to 50%. So asking for an X% discount at the Parts Counter for the first 30-90 days after the sale isn't really a tough lift for the dealer. Maybe get those Clear Turn Signals, A spare Chin Spoiler, Winter Floor Mats, and If you do some of your own light DIY service work: Air Filters, Oil Filters, Cabin Filters, etc. 3.) A seriously discounted extended warranty can be useful. Even if you don't plan on keeping the car forever it sure can help when you go to sell it down the line IF it's transferable. An Extended Warranty is something that the dealer and Porsche (if it's a Porsche Extended Warranty) could help with. The mark-up from the dealers persepctive is usually around 50% and it's even better if you're Porsche. They are a HUGE low risk profit center. 4.) If you live near and want to visit one of the PEC's how about one of their packages at no charge. This would probably need to come from Porsche more than the dealer. 5.) Free Oil Changes cost the Dealer very little AND from the dealers point of view, it gets you and your car into their dealership. Now this gives them an opportunity to sell you something that you might not have bought or would have bought from someone else. 5.) Sometimes it helps to simply ask them; "What can you do for me?" I have a lot of friends who have been commiserating with me about this ordeal. How about you do something or give me something. That would allow me to tell the story to my friends with a happy ending? Ex; The wait was terrible, but here's what they did for me when I got the car. In other words, you don't just need to make me happy, I'm your best salesperson . . . . don't screw this up.

Last edited by Bluehighways; 11-22-2020 at 11:00 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
gymdent (11-22-2020), Spyder8286 (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 05:31 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Just re-checked my TYD page. I guess I'm a gluten for punishment. No surprise. The C2S that neither I nor the dealer has, was apparently delivered without anyone's knowledge, to the dealer and me last Friday.
Did you get anywhere with your dealer today on this by chance?
Old 11-23-2020, 05:36 PM
Mjchernis
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Crickets...
Old 11-23-2020, 05:41 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

I haven't heard anything since Thursday, when approval was still expected for Friday the 20th.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:46 PM
Johnboston
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I got an unsolicited email from my SA earlier today saying that CARB release is expected 12/4. This is consistent with my TYD, which for whatever reason has been pretty spot on with the various delays as they seem to become known and reported here on the forums.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:47 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
Did you get anywhere with your dealer today on this by chance?
Nope. They got the same 12/4 re-estimated date, as it looks like other dealers seem to have. Of course (sarcasm dripping) TYD still shows 11/20. I've ceased to have any faith in any date Porsche tells the dealers or what TYD shows. Luckily, for me it's a nice toy. I don't actually need it as a DD as it seems some folks do.
mr965 (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 07:06 PM
billymaysghost
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope. They got the same 12/4 re-estimated date, as it looks like other dealers seem to have. Of course (sarcasm dripping) TYD still shows 11/20. I've ceased to have any faith in any date Porsche tells the dealers or what TYD shows. Luckily, for me it's a nice toy. I don't actually need it as a DD as it seems some folks do.
What is TYD and how do I access it?
Old 11-23-2020, 07:17 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by billymaysghost
What is TYD and how do I access it?
Track Your Dream. Accessible through your "My Porsche" account, and should be activated shortly after an order for a new 911 is placed. If you have an order in with a commission number assigned and, I think, vehicle status V200 or later, you should receive an email from Porsche to activate the service. Check with your SA if you are beyond that point in the process, but be aware that TYD is not always accurate (understatement) on projected dates, but still nice to have and play around with.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:21 PM
Glerald
Instructor

Received 223 Likes on 56 Posts

Is it possible to advance your lock date if you are decided? And if so, would it possibly speed up production start date? My lock date is 27 days away, but I would gladly lock it today if it would speed up delivery!
Old 11-23-2020, 07:41 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

whats the saying, nobody needs a 911 but everybody wants one. This is my first Porsche and by far the most expensive vehicle I’ve ever purchased. I’m truly amazed how weak this purchasing experience has been, particularly at this price point. I’m confident the ownership experience will make up for it, or I would have canceled weeks ago.
markchristenson (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 07:59 PM
seanhaus
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Glerald
Is it possible to advance your lock date if you are decided? And if so, would it possibly speed up production start date? My lock date is 27 days away, but I would gladly lock it today if it would speed up delivery!
Not that I know of. In the past you could ask for another build that may hit the line sooner, but these cars are more or less accounted for schedule-wise months in advance. With the pandemic you should consider yourself lucky to even have gotten an allocation, they’re becoming very hard to come by these days.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:01 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Nope! That's not something you have much control over. OTOH you can delay it by choosing options or a PTS color that can push the date back by months!
Old 11-23-2020, 08:10 PM
billymaysghost
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Track Your Dream. Accessible through your "My Porsche" account, and should be activated shortly after an order for a new 911 is placed. If you have an order in with a commission number assigned and, I think, vehicle status V200 or later, you should receive an email from Porsche to activate the service. Check with your SA if you are beyond that point in the process, but be aware that TYD is not always accurate (understatement) on projected dates, but still nice to have and play around with.
Ah I see. My vehicle is just sitting at the port in Davisville RI waiting for CARB Certification. Been there over a week now just sitting. Any idea how long that's gonna take?
Old 11-23-2020, 08:23 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Your allocation/commission number is already assigned a slot in production, so you can't change that. It may lock a little earlier (a week at most) if you're lucky (I've had that happen a couple times), but don't count on it. The only potential option at this point is to ask your SA to look for a trade with another dealer for an earlier allocation that hasn't locked yet. A lot of that kind of horse trading does occur between dealers, so it is something you could check into but you're already getting a little late in that process. If your allocation is for a relatively low volume model (e.g., Targa, Turbo S) the chances of being able to make a trade are much smaller than if yours is a Carrera S/4S.

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?