Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 09:09 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,659 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
The preceding appears to be proof, that the fiscal resources to obtain one of these cars, is not in any way linked to the acquisition of socially acceptable manners.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:16 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

Guys, it isnt just about wanting to have access to my $140k car. Yeah, that is part of it. The reality is that the car is getting put away for the winter anyway for the most part. It's also, and really more about two things - 1. about the fact that I also don't want my $140k investment sitting outside in the elements (at port) on the ocean down in RI for months and months. Would you? I hear nightmare stories all the time from issues because of just sitting for months, in the elements. That is worse for the car than actually driving it. Also, I hear horror stories about peoples' new cars not running right, or at all because of things minor to major, including cars needing new wiring harnesses because mice destroyed them when they nested, and all these new cars have soy cased wiring, which animals love to eat, and by the way, a million computers. You know how long it takes for a wiring harness for a 911 to be produced, and shipped, and installed? A car could be out of commission for months. If my car was stored out of the elements, like it would be if it were in my garage for the New England winter, that is one thing. This is entirely different. And 2. Yes, the frustration is also compounded by the fact that Porsche has so little concern for their customers' concern that they can't even do a decently proactive job of keeping us in the loop on what is going on, nevermind the constant moving of the goal posts with estimated deliveries.

Last edited by ryandarr1979; 11-21-2020 at 09:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ryandarr1979:
Mjchernis (11-22-2020), mr965 (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 09:21 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
The preceding appears to be proof, that the fiscal resources to obtain one of these cars, is not in any way linked to the acquisition of socially acceptable manners.
I never claimed to be socially acceptable. I will admit, I don't do well with self-important, holier-than-thou jagoffs..

Last edited by ryandarr1979; 11-21-2020 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:44 PM
gymdent
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

....2. Yes, the frustration is also compounded by the fact that Porsche has so little concern for their customers' concern that they can't even do a decently proactive job of keeping us in the loop on what is going on, nevermind the constant moving of the goal posts with estimated deliveries.
I think the last sentence says it all. Porsche’s utter lack of communication to their the customers and to their dealers is inexcusable and infuriating. Many other businesses would fail due to such an intolerable lack of transparency. We are dealing with this now, but consider what a financial hardship it is to their dealers and their employees. If we all had honest communication from Porsche, we might not get our cars faster, but we would not feel jerked around.
The following 3 users liked this post by gymdent:
Bluehighways (11-21-2020), Mjchernis (11-22-2020), mr965 (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 09:51 PM
akdesertfox
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad.../2021/2021.php

How come all of the Nov. 13 executive actions are dead hyperlinks? Has anyone called CARB and asked about this?
Old 11-21-2020, 10:36 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

I never claimed to be socially acceptable. I will admit, I don't do well with self-important, holier-than-thou jagoffs like peterdouglas.
just to be perfectly clear, I have no problem with your crudeness or lack of manners - that is clearly you just being yourself. I haven’t criticized you for it - - it is simply you choosing to show the essential person that you are.

i have no problem with that.

while I may disagree with you about anything or everything, I have not criticized you for any of your views, regardless of how misguided I may consider them.

you are very welcome, in your comments here, to reveal your character, your manners (or the lack thereof) and the kind of person who you are. I am totally ok with that and what you have shown yourself to be. I have zero problem with your desire to display those facts to everyone.

but - I say *enough* of this ad hominem conflict.
i do not intend to respond further to comments which are not useful to this forum.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:57 PM
comis_hq
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Broom broom, hey look at my wealth, my (air polluting) fancy car.... is not really a socially/environmentally acceptable stance.

Just my humble opinion.

The following 4 users liked this post by comis_hq:
gravedgr (11-22-2020), markchristenson (11-21-2020), Russian Mafia (11-22-2020), ryandarr1979 (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 11:46 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
just to be perfectly clear, I have no problem with your crudeness or lack of manners - that is clearly you just being yourself. I haven’t criticized you for it - - it is simply you choosing to show the essential person that you are.

i have no problem with that.

while I may disagree with you about anything or everything, I have not criticized you for any of your views, regardless of how misguided I may consider them.

you are very welcome, in your comments here, to reveal your character, your manners (or the lack thereof) and the kind of person who you are. I am totally ok with that and what you have shown yourself to be. I have zero problem with your desire to display those facts to everyone.

but - I say *enough* of this ad hominem conflict.
i do not intend to respond further to comments which are not useful to this forum.
Whatever you say Captain Planet.
The following users liked this post:
mr965 (11-21-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 12:02 AM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

I’m genuinely surprised he’s keeping it after we all found out it won’t be fitted with a GPF... maybe he plans to have the dealer install one when he takes delivery.

The following 2 users liked this post by smiles11:
markchristenson (11-22-2020), mr965 (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 12:09 AM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by smiles11
I’m genuinely surprised he’s keeping it after we all found out it won’t be fitted with a GPF... maybe he plans to have the dealer install one when he takes delivery.

He probably doesn't know. Don't tell him.
mr965 (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 04:31 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernesto Otero
I think anything is possible at this point with COVID since cases continue to spike. My car is in Houston port waiting for CARB. I am in NM. The state is on a 2 week lockdown and dealers are closed. Only service department so even with CARB I could not take delivery until our Governor lets dealers sell cars again.
Hope you do get your car soon. But the problems that the pandemic is causing on some things even simple ones is real. Normally we [DoD] move hundreds of thousands of personnel to new duty stations (assignments) each summer...this summer w/COVID19 that didn't happen and some moves didn't even start till Aug while others were delayed quite a bit...but ALL were affected for example for the simple fact that many of the downrange components needed to enact these moves were sick, locked down, under rising infection rates, and/or we just didn't know what the infection was going to do in a particular circumstance....so nothing happened or actions were delayed/slowed and pushed back for example. This is for a multi govt agency on the federal level and affecting civilian companies and contractors mind you...so can imagine Porsche's interactions with the EPA or State of CA probably haven't moved at rocket speed either. Lots of info gaps out there. Another example... my DMV closed down for walk-ins in Apr and via mail was the only way to get anything done [had an appt and week later just closed and said see the website]; so even IF the dealerships were open getting your new/used car registered for a while wasn't happening or took a huge amount of time. I had to renew 2 of my cars by mail which took almost the entire month of June to make it happen. Folks were out....teleworking. Trying to protect both the public and govt workers but the process itself was also a casualty. Not everyone knew what would happen if you were stopped with expired tags or inspections and it took time to work thru that. They re-opened in limited basis in Aug and now are back up with social distancing and face mask precautions as they should...but from this and just some of what I've seen including the effect in other countries.. can imagine a simple thing as an EPA cert that often took a few week taking a whole lot longer.
I'd certainly like to find out but many others on here have stated their experience with EPA and CARB approvals typically occur a couple weeks after applications are submitted. I know part of the hold up was negotiation with EPA regarding paying a fine per vehicle as a result of the emissions cheating scandal. Bottom line is I ordered my car in June. It was a early September build, arrived in port first week of October and has been sitting, and will continue to sit for at least another two weeks, and my delivery date has now moved 5 times.
I've had an EPA and CARB issue when Dieselgate occurred with my 2016 Cayenne...car got stopped..held at port for over a month and dealer (good one in AZ) tried to get info and still didn't know what to tell me. No info from govt clear info and nothing from Porsche and that was during normal times so am would not be surprised that COVID19 has pushed all of this to the right by a weeks/months than what anyone expected to include customers, dealers, Porsche, other manufacturers and parts makers too along with the govt. Lots of ripple effects are happening and transmitting thru the system...some seen some not it seems.
Originally Posted by craig66
Guys and Girls - one day soon this will all be over and then we will all be in love with our cars. Lets be sensitive that everyone handles disappointment a little differently. Some get angry and some are more accepting and shrug it off as a first world problem but the reality is that for someone that might have ordered early in the year, was expecting in September and was pushed off until October and then November and now December this is really really very upsetting and I do no think we should be dictating to people how they should feel or how to express their disappointment or anger.

I found taking my Boxster out during the first lockdown and spinning around the empty roads was very very therapeutic. I pretraded for my 992 at the end of September with an expected delivery on 1/1/21. I have been without my Boxster for two months and am climbing the wall. I cannot imagine being without my car beyond 1/1/21 and feel for each and everyone of you. It is not superficial to want your car or to get angry with Porsche for not stepping up at the very least as it pertains to their communications.

I was and am in the frontlines with Covid but it was that very experience that made me realize how important it was to have my car. In those dark days it was one of the few things (aside from the health of my family who thankfully stayed safe) that made the experience somewhat more tolerable.

When this is all over we will want to be able to chat civilly with each other on these boards for if not what is the purpose of the boards. There are some forums that are known to be vicious and snide. Lets not go there
Thanks for your service on the COVID19 frontlines (know the load you guys/gals are going thru...hang in there help is on the way)...it does quickly focus one on what's important. Delays on a $100k sports car during a pandemic are definitely first world problems and agree with your shared perspective. Those of us close to this/COVID19 and the management of the patients, the drugs, the PPE, and the policy can definitely relate to how easily it can and has screwed up a whole lot of things which normally would just occur or be expected to happen. So yeah hope everyone continues to stay safe and healthy and gets their cars w/minimal delay and gets to enjoy them!

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 11-22-2020 at 04:40 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
Bluehighways (11-22-2020), smjr (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 07:56 AM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

on a side note, I drove thru Suncoast Porsche last night. They usually unload cars in the back lot. There were two 992s back there with shipping bits still intact -- a Lava Orange Turbo and a White C2...

Not my car yet, but very exciting to see them coming in.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:37 AM
Mjchernis
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by gymdent
I think the last sentence says it all. Porsche’s utter lack of communication to their the customers and to their dealers is inexcusable and infuriating. Many other businesses would fail due to such an intolerable lack of transparency. We are dealing with this now, but consider what a financial hardship it is to their dealers and their employees. If we all had honest communication from Porsche, we might not get our cars faster, but we would not feel jerked around.
Completely agree with this. And, while I totally recognize that the challenges and hardships caused by COVID are far more serious and significant than the delivery of what is clearly an unnecessary luxury item:

-- Porsche DID take my order during the time of lockdowns and sold / told us they would be able to deliver
-- Porsche did insist on taking my trade-in vehicle on the representation I'd have a new car in 3 days (back in September). They have long since sold this vehicle.
-- Porsche has not made a loaner available to me
-- Porsche has failed to adequately provide any information about the cause of the delay (were they late filing, did the cars require modification, etc.) or anything resembling an accurate estimate for time to resolution.
-- And, lastly, Porsche has failed to explain what they are going to do for owners to guarantee these cars are in "factory new" condition after sitting outdoors at an ocean port for 3 months. Even extending the standard warranty for additional time would be reasonable.

While many, many, many parties should legitimately get a COVID get out of jail free card, in my opinion Porsche (and, my snarky dealer) is not one of them.

Last edited by Mjchernis; 11-22-2020 at 09:28 AM.
ryandarr1979 (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 08:43 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,844 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Hope you do get your car soon. But the problems that the pandemic is causing on some things even simple ones is real. Normally we [DoD] move hundreds of thousands of personnel to new duty stations (assignments) each summer...this summer w/COVID19 that didn't happen and some moves didn't even start till Aug while others were delayed quite a bit...but ALL were affected for example for the simple fact that many of the downrange components needed to enact these moves were sick, locked down, under rising infection rates, and/or we just didn't know what the infection was going to do in a particular circumstance....so nothing happened or actions were delayed/slowed and pushed back for example. This is for a multi govt agency on the federal level and affecting civilian companies and contractors mind you...so can imagine Porsche's interactions with the EPA or State of CA probably haven't moved at rocket speed either. Lots of info gaps out there. Another example... my DMV closed down for walk-ins in Apr and via mail was the only way to get anything done [had an appt and week later just closed and said see the website]; so even IF the dealerships were open getting your new/used car registered for a while wasn't happening or took a huge amount of time. I had to renew 2 of my cars by mail which took almost the entire month of June to make it happen. Folks were out....teleworking. Trying to protect both the public and govt workers but the process itself was also a casualty. Not everyone knew what would happen if you were stopped with expired tags or inspections and it took time to work thru that. They re-opened in limited basis in Aug and now are back up with social distancing and face mask precautions as they should...but from this and just some of what I've seen including the effect in other countries.. can imagine a simple thing as an EPA cert that often took a few week taking a whole lot longer.
I can relate to this. My company needed a simple process completed by the IRS for a foreign sale, normally it takes a few weeks but this year it took literally 8 months. For a 10 minute process; the team doing it was just backed up due to COVID work restrictions. But given what's happening around the country right now frankly I'd be happy if it took 18 months if that meant they and their families stayed safe.
The following 3 users liked this post by aggie57:
Bluehighways (11-22-2020), Russian Mafia (11-22-2020), smjr (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 09:04 AM
BOSSOB
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

New to Rennlist. Can you expand on the issue with the EPA? Have a build date of 11/27 for a C2S.
Thanks

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?