Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 01:21 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Does the CARB hold up just apply to cars staying in California? Or will all cars coming through San Diego be impacted?
Old 11-25-2020, 01:22 PM
Ofir911
Intermediate

Received 80 Likes on 20 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by Ofir911:
gohawks23 (11-25-2020), Rare9 (11-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 01:55 PM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
My car is currently in Emden waiting for transport to San Diego and then Scottsdale. My TYD says it won't leave Emden until 12/18, I'm not sure if that is accurate seems like a long time 24days waiting to get on a transport. Has anyone experienced a similar wait to get on a ship? My TYD has been all over the place with dates that is why I'm a skeptic.
I got to Emden 14 days early (v331) and left on the next available ship, resulting in V332 17 days early.
The following users liked this post:
Muhney (11-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 02:09 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyray
Another tax would be expected. He’s frantically looking for more cash to throw at the High Speed Fail. I mean Rail.
Are they still talking about doing the Fail? I left CA 7 years ago after growing up in SD and then living in SF, LA, OC, Tahoe and Santa Cruz. Those are all great places but since I left CA I’ve never missed it. Seems like each day there’s a new reason. Now with the great Covid US resident migration, people are heading here in droves, driving up home prices and pissing off the locals. It’s why I ordered my 992 in GT Silver instead of Guards Red. The key the car brigade is out in force expressing their resentment. The go to paint shops are a 6 month wait. It’s best to lay low. Funny what Covid has fueled indirectly.

Utah in contrast to CA supports growth and is wise about the public projects they take on. They’ve been spending an absolute fortune building an inland port. I owned a port business in Long Beach. It was regulated by countless CA agencies. How in heavens name can a port 500 miles from the coast be feasible? Think about that. The CARB issue only pulls up a tiny part of the curtain.
markchristenson (11-26-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 02:31 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Are they still talking about doing the Fail? I left CA 7 years ago after growing up in SD and then living in SF, LA, OC, Tahoe and Santa Cruz. Those are all great places but since I left CA I’ve never missed it. Seems like each day there’s a new reason. Now with the great Covid US resident migration, people are heading here in droves, driving up home prices and pissing off the locals. It’s why I ordered my 992 in GT Silver instead of Guards Red. The key the car brigade is out in force expressing their resentment. The go to paint shops are a 6 month wait. It’s best to lay low. Funny what Covid has fueled indirectly.

Utah in contrast to CA supports growth and is wise about the public projects they take on. They’ve been spending an absolute fortune building an inland port. I owned a port business in Long Beach. It was regulated by countless CA agencies. How in heavens name can a port 500 miles from the coast be feasible? Think about that. The CARB issue only pulls up a tiny part of the curtain.
Fail is moving forward. Bakersfield to Modesto I believe. Imminent domain much cheaper than SF or LA. The latest gas tax and DMV fee bump was supposed to be for highway infrastructure, however road construction has slowed to a crawl. My son has been an operator for over 10 years and last year was his slowest least profitable season. Sqrew some is stealing the highway money for the rail. Anyway. Who cares , we just want our cars, right?
Old 11-25-2020, 02:39 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyray
Fail is moving forward. Bakersfield to Modesto I believe. Imminent domain much cheaper than SF or LA. The latest gas tax and DMV fee bump was supposed to be for highway infrastructure, however road construction has slowed to a crawl. My son has been an operator for over 10 years and last year was his slowest least profitable season. Sqrew some is stealing the highway money for the rail. Anyway. Who cares , we just want our cars, right?
Having been involved in development in the Central Valley, I know a little about how things work. The large scale farming companies supply great amounts of mothers milk to politicians so it isn’t at all surprising they’re doing Bakersfield to Modesto. Every last owner of farmland seeks eminent domain if they can’t sell to real estate developers. So I laugh to myself hearing that, particularly now that I’m not paying for it directly. I pay for it indirectly as more people leave CA.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:56 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Having been involved in development in the Central Valley, I know a little about how things work. The large scale farming companies supply great amounts of mothers milk to politicians so it isn’t at all surprising they’re doing Bakersfield to Modesto. Every last owner of farmland seeks eminent domain if they can’t sell to real estate developers. So I laugh to myself hearing that, particularly now that I’m not paying for it directly. I pay for it indirectly as more people leave CA.
Im considering joining them.
Russian Mafia (11-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 07:29 PM
Brandguy
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Received both email and phone call (shocker!) today from the my sales manager. Much apologies for what is now my 4th delay (I've been in Port of Baltimore since late August) and he gave me every assurance that the car would be to them by 12/4. Interestingly, dealership is in OH (non-Carb) , and they have received at least two 2021's in the last couple weeks.

I am still unclear as to whether Porsche is releasing cars on a dealership basis (ie non-carb states), or final destination basis? Would have thought my car would be sent to dealer and held there but that does not seem to be the case, unless they are now just having trouble with other issues (backed up cars at the ports, etc).
Old 11-25-2020, 10:51 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 498 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandguy
Received both email and phone call (shocker!) today from the my sales manager. Much apologies for what is now my 4th delay (I've been in Port of Baltimore since late August) and he gave me every assurance that the car would be to them by 12/4. Interestingly, dealership is in OH (non-Carb) , and they have received at least two 2021's in the last couple weeks.

I am still unclear as to whether Porsche is releasing cars on a dealership basis (ie non-carb states), or final destination basis? Would have thought my car would be sent to dealer and held there but that does not seem to be the case, unless they are now just having trouble with other issues (backed up cars at the ports, etc).
If you live in a CARB state and the dealer is in a NON CARB State they are not allowed to sell you the car until CARB cert is finalized around the. country and so possibly they are specifically not bringing the car from port as they know it is bound for a carb state or perhaps they do not want to have it on property until they can actually give it to you - just thoughts.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:57 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by billymaysghost
What state?
Hawaii.

Car was delivered today. Came out better than I expected! Was a bit concerned how Chalk would turn out but it seemed that not only I thought it worked well as there were two other Chalk Porsches being delivered also. A Chalk Cayman GT4 and Chalk Turbo S 992! Also have a Chalk Macan S on the lot...so interesting trend of colors. Here's a few delivery pics! Car was shipped from San Diego port last week thus the additional wait. Worth it!

992 Delivery pic #1

992 Delivery pic #2

992 Delivery pic #3

992 Delivery pic #4 and Me

CF mirrors and glass moonroof contrast

CF mirror close up

Basic but function..MT was a must!

Porsche embossed headrest crests

At home
The following 17 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
aggie57 (11-26-2020), akdesertfox (11-26-2020), Anthony992 (11-26-2020), Babyray (11-26-2020), Bluehighways (11-26-2020), dgtarga (11-26-2020), dribar (11-26-2020), gymdent (11-26-2020), markchristenson (11-26-2020), Muhney (11-26-2020), RolandT (11-26-2020), Russian Mafia (11-26-2020), ryandarr1979 (11-26-2020), smjr (11-26-2020), swingblade (11-26-2020), Vintage72 (11-26-2020), Wilsontour (11-26-2020) and 12 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-26-2020, 01:19 AM
Wilsontour
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Hawaii.

Car was delivered today. Came out better than I expected! Was a bit concerned how Chalk would turn out but it seemed that not only I thought it worked well as there were two other Chalk Porsches being delivered also. A Chalk Cayman GT4 and Chalk Turbo S 992! Also have a Chalk Macan S on the lot...so interesting trend of colors. Here's a few delivery pics! Car was shipped from San Diego port last week thus the additional wait. Worth it!

At home
Congratulations on your new 911! Did you install the clear side marker by yourself?
Old 11-26-2020, 04:01 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilsontour
Congratulations on your new 911! Did you install the clear side marker by yourself?
Had them already purchased from SunCoast Porsche so brought with me and my SA swapped them out promptly while I signed the paperwork. Paid for out of my pocket and could have gotten them thrown in but they were pretty fair with me on my trade and also discount off MSRP (not as great as others have noted but adequate given location and inventory constraints for an ordered car when I was looking for my deal). So am okay with the outlay....and the car was worth the wait so far!
Wilsontour (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 08:49 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Had them already purchased from SunCoast Porsche so brought with me and my SA swapped them out promptly while I signed the paperwork. Paid for out of my pocket and could have gotten them thrown in but they were pretty fair with me on my trade and also discount off MSRP (not as great as others have noted but adequate given location and inventory constraints for an ordered car when I was looking for my deal). So am okay with the outlay....and the car was worth the wait so far!
Very nice ride, Sir! Well done!
I did the same with the side lights. Purchased from Suncoast and took them into the dealer a few days before delivery and had them installed during the dealer prep. Huge cosmetic improvement over the orange side lights, and look great when lit - gives more of an orange line down the middle rather than the whole thing glowing like a pumpkin.
mdrobc1213 (11-27-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 10:37 AM
comis_hq
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

If someone has 2 houses, one in CARB state and another in non-CARB state, you can register the car in non-CARB state, and get the car from your CARB state dealer now, correct?

If you have parents or girlfriend living in non-CARB state, technically it is not illegal to register there, live there for a while during this remote working winter season, and comeback to your main home later... is it right?

What sales tax do you pay? Place of residence or place of sale?

I am just asking out of curiosity, nothing I am going to do or suggesting others to do per se...

J~ust a hypothetical question...

Last edited by comis_hq; 11-26-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 11:04 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by comis_hq
If someone has 2 houses, one in CARB state and another in non-CARB state, you can register the car in non-CARB state, and get the car from your CARB state dealer now, correct?

If you have parents or girlfriend living in non-CARB state, technically it is not illegal to register there, live there for a while during this remote working winter season, and comeback to your main home later... is it right?

I am just asking out of curiosity, nothing I am going to do or suggesting others to do per se...

J~ust a hypothetical question...
"Asking for a friend...."

Pretty sure about this - If/when you purchase from a dealership that is not in your state of primary residence, the vehicle is still titled, registered, and plated in the state of primary residence (state that issued your driver's license). At the time of purchase, you also pay the sales tax rate, etc of your state of primary residence to that state. So, if your primary residence is in a CARB state, you cannot get around it because you don't have an option to register/plate your vehicle in a state other than your state of primary residence. I've purchased a couple of Porsches in South Carolina (second home) and all of the above was done through Michigan (primary residence) by the dealership. Did not have the option to do otherwise.

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?