Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 05:40 AM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
My error - one of my colleagues sent me an article after telling me about it. I just assumed he was talking about a US tax.

Ok, so how are Canadian buyers looking at the situation?
There is a mad rush here in Canada right now with influx of buyers trying to get their cars in before end of the year. Think that's bad? In BC, we already have a provincial luxury tax. On cars between 125-150k, we pay 15% PST + 5% GST, on over 150k we pay 20% PST + 5% GST. The new federal luxury tax will be on TOP of that!!!
Old 05-25-2021, 10:37 AM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by smsprague
Nice, I put my deposit down April 26 and I am still waiting for my allocation.
Same here, dealer radio silence after my deposit weeks ago. Keep us posted, I struggle with patience. Dealer atleast told me in all honesty that they may not even get an allocation this calendar year, amazing. Hope I don't lose interest if it's really going to be that long, hope I'm wrong.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:41 AM
westsiderkg
Racer

Originally Posted by spak2323
First time poster. Just thought I'd share my timeline to add to the data points. C4S PDK Agate Grey, SPASM and RAS. Put down deposit on May 15th with dealer in NYC, was told I was fifth on the wait list, and got an email today with order confirmation and link to TYD. Lock date July 8th, build date September 3rd, delivery date October 8th. Wish me luck
Awesome! What amazes me is the distribution of allocations, I'm learning about it all. Like many, I deposited weeks before you, no allocation to date. Makes me wonder how this all really works with porsche. You were 5th at that dealership. I'm 1st for a c4s at my dealership, but again nothing to speak of. Guess my dealership just does not get allocations? C4s isn't that special, do I'm a little surprised to see many getting allocations, but somehow I'm not? They're also in NY, interesting.

Last edited by westsiderkg; 05-25-2021 at 10:43 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by westsiderkg:
RedTide (05-25-2021), spak2323 (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 10:57 AM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Same here, dealer radio silence after my deposit weeks ago. Keep us posted, I struggle with patience. Dealer atleast told me in all honesty that they may not even get an allocation this calendar year, amazing. Hope I don't lose interest if it's really going to be that long, hope I'm wrong.
My SA (Porsche of Las Vegas) promised a July allocation for a C4 worst case. So I am hopeful. I am first on the list for a C4. Zero chance of ever getting a GT3, SA said he would not even take a deposit.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:05 AM
spak2323

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome! What amazes me is the distribution of allocations, I'm learning about it all. Like many, I deposited weeks before you, no allocation to date. Makes me wonder how this all really works with porsche. You were 5th at that dealership. I'm 1st for a c4s at my dealership, but again nothing to speak of. Guess my dealership just does not get allocations? C4s isn't that special, do I'm a little surprised to see many getting allocations, but somehow I'm not? They're also in NY, interesting.
I ordered through Manhattan Motorcar, who told me (i) that they get more allocations than other dealers in the region and (ii) they expect to see a decent volume of allocations released to the Northeastern US region generally in May and June. I guess just check in with your dealer and bother the heck out of them assuming you're ok with that sort of thing (I certainly did lol).
Old 05-25-2021, 01:48 PM
timjab
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Just heard from my dealer. Gonna pick up mine on Monday. Can’t wait!
The following users liked this post:
westcoastj (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 01:50 PM
Domoic
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I got my TYD production photo!
The following 2 users liked this post by Domoic:
Tedster (05-25-2021), westcoastj (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 02:12 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Allocations are distributed based on dealership volume - high volume dealerships get more allocations. Not surprising. The "word on the street" is that the number of NA allocations for 992s is expected to increase through the second half of the year. There sure seemed to be evidence of that already with the May allocations. I would find it very hard to believe that you'd not be getting an allocation in the next few months at the latest if you're truly 1st on their list, even if they're a mid-sized dealership I'd be asking a lot of questions, and frankly, I'd be talking to other dealerships - but you've already stated your position on that approach. Is this the guy giving you the story on allocations?

Old 05-25-2021, 02:23 PM
westsiderkg
Racer

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Allocations are distributed based on dealership volume - high volume dealerships get more allocations. Not surprising. The "word on the street" is that the number of NA allocations for 992s is expected to increase through the second half of the year. There sure seemed to be evidence of that already with the May allocations. I would find it very hard to believe that you'd not be getting an allocation in the next few months at the latest if you're truly 1st on their list, even if they're a mid-sized dealership I'd be asking a lot of questions, and frankly, I'd be talking to other dealerships - but you've already stated your position on that approach. Is this the guy giving you the story on allocations?

Ha. Maybe that's the SA I'm talking too long distance over the phone. Seems to be alot of characters out there, never thought this process would be soooooo hard and patience trying, that is spec'ing a new car, 1st time ever doing that. Imagined it to be a little more organized on the dealershipend, guess I was wrong.
Old 05-25-2021, 03:49 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by Domoic

Is that arena red, cherry red or some other red?
Old 05-25-2021, 04:35 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Domoic

Carmine?
Old 05-25-2021, 04:47 PM
formisano
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye Bass
Carmine?
Doesn't look like Carmine Red, no. But certainly resembles Arena Red.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:58 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Ha. Maybe that's the SA I'm talking too long distance over the phone. Seems to be alot of characters out there, never thought this process would be soooooo hard and patience trying, that is spec'ing a new car, 1st time ever doing that. Imagined it to be a little more organized on the dealershipend, guess I was wrong.
That’s unfortunate. You may want to see if you can speak with the sales manager. If you have the right folks working with you and for you, this process should be part of the fun - other than the waiting. As you said, the C4S should not be that difficult to get an allocation for, assuming they open up as has been suggested. The sales manager works with their area rep from PCNA to secure allocations. The SM should be able to give you more clarity. If not, consider looking elsewhere.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:00 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by formisano
Doesn't look like Carmine Red, no. But certainly resembles Arena Red.
Or Cherry Metallic. Looks nice.
The following users liked this post:
Domoic (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 05:01 PM
Domoic
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Cherry Metallic

(my current car - see avatar - is Carmine)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!