Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 11:20 AM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ74
My car arrived in Davisville 9 days ahead of schedule and that is where all hope was crushed. They’ve missed 2 delivery dates. My salesman said that they can’t call the port directly and have to go through the regional rep to get any info. At this point I don’t know if the car can be good enough to overcome the stigma of this issue. Unless they give me a real explanation of what is going on I will always have a question in the back of my mind should any issue arise, big or small, I will always assume that it is due the reason the car was held at the port.

I assume that your expected delivery to the dealer date is 7/16? Since our dealers are in CT I would think that it should be on a truck this week? If it doesn’t arrive at the dealer by the due date then have your dealer call the regional rep to find out what’s going on. Hopefully you won’t have to do that. Good luck.
I sincerely hope your situation is resolved soon. It’s probably time to contact PCNA, especially since you probably have a large down payment sitting there that legally justifies your frustration. Now this morning, TYD suddenly says my car was delivered to the dealer. We shall see. I think your hypothesis that your car was damaged in transport makes the most sense...
Old 07-12-2021, 11:27 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by SBAD
I sincerely hope your situation is resolved soon. It’s probably time to contact PCNA, especially since you probably have a large down payment sitting there that legally justifies your frustration. Now this morning, TYD suddenly says my car was delivered to the dealer. We shall see. I think your hypothesis that your car was damaged in transport makes the most sense...
And you haven't checked with the dealership yet? Just fyi - your port processing and transit time are not out of the ordinary, assuming your car has arrived. And TYD is usually behind on these things, so there's a pretty good chance your car has been delivered.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:32 PM
TJ74
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SBAD
That’s good news. Your car will probably arrive at the dealer this afternoon if it hasn’t already. It’s only a couple hour drive from Davisville.

I bypassed PCNA. When I told a friend that I was buying a Porsche he jokingly said if you have any problems my college roommate is the “ceo or something”. When my car didn’t arrive on Friday after sitting at the port for a month, I was telling him about my predicament and the email I sent to the dealer. He said fwd that to me, I will send it to my friend. It turns out that his friend who is the “ceo or something” is Wolfgang Porsche. So we’ll see if that gets things moving?
The following users liked this post:
SBAD (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 02:17 PM
Narimus25
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 992 - Delays and potential miscomms

Hi all - New user here. Just placed the order for my very first 911 (Aventurine green 992) last month and am waiting on my delivery - planned date was 9/24 as of last week and the dealer told me earlier today that its been pushed out to 10/29 citing the chip shortages. While this sucks (!!), my key concern is that I still haven't received the tracking link from Porsche. My dealer says that the link is sent by Porsche only after the vehicle exits production. Is this accurate (Noob question I know!)? Any details would be awesome. The wait is excruciating!!
Old 07-12-2021, 02:29 PM
xs2k
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Narimus25
Hi all - New user here. Just placed the order for my very first 911 (Aventurine green 992) last month and am waiting on my delivery - planned date was 9/24 as of last week and the dealer told me earlier today that its been pushed out to 10/29 citing the chip shortages. While this sucks (!!), my key concern is that I still haven't received the tracking link from Porsche. My dealer says that the link is sent by Porsche only after the vehicle exits production. Is this accurate (Noob question I know!)? Any details would be awesome. The wait is excruciating!!
I got mine a few days after order was placed and confirmed. Check your spam folder for link.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:34 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 930 Likes on 489 Posts

Your time line doesn't sound correct. If you only placed the order last month your freeze date may be in September with delivery several months after that. Look at some of the earlier posts in this thread to get a realistic time frame.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:13 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

It is remarkable how little some of the sales people know about the process. TYD is available as soon as your order is matched with an allocation (V200 status) - the email arrives within a couple of days of that with the link to activate the service. This all assumes that you have established an account on the MyPorsche website and that your dealer has linked the correct email address (your Porsche ID from the account) with the order/commission number. If all of those things are in place you should have received the email some time ago. Have you had confirmation from your dealership that there is in fact an allocation? Have you seen a build sheet or printout from the PSVM system that shows your V200 status and the timeline? You can request that from them any time, and I would suggest you do so. They should be able to provide you a copy that looks like the attached.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Tracking Sheet.pdf (31.8 KB, 75 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by dgtarga:
doug_999 (07-21-2021), Mark S (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 03:30 PM
Narimus25
5th Gear

Thanks for this! I did get the confirmation from the dealer on my allocation and a similar build sheet from the dealer showing the planned and expected dates; but no TYD link from Porsche. Perhaps I'll have to get in touch with them to recheck if they've input the right email address that's associated with my MyPorsche account.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:33 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Thanks for this! I did get the confirmation from the dealer on my allocation and a similar build sheet from the dealer showing the planned and expected dates; but no TYD link from Porsche. Perhaps I'll have to get in touch with them to recheck if they've input the right email address that's associated with my MyPorsche account.
If your dealership is unable to help you the next step is to try the Porsche customer service people. Some have had success with that, others not. If that's not successful, have the dealership enlist the help of their area representative to PCNA.
Narimus25 (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 03:37 PM
Narimus25
5th Gear

You're awesome. Thanks for the super quick responses!!
Old 07-12-2021, 04:19 PM
TJ74
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I did not receive the TYD email after I placed my order and had a commission number. I waited about a week and when nothing showed up I called PCNA. My salesman had the wrong email address and misspelled my last name. It took several days but I finally got the email.
Narimus25 (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 04:23 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 294 Likes on 165 Posts

I received mine immediately. I had a Porsche ID setup and the SA had the correct email. Got the TYD email before my SA could call and tell me that I had an allocation.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:39 PM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 268 Posts

I'm now officially joining you guys in the waiting game.

My C4S order is now officially in and approved in the system by PAG. At the moment I am showing:
  • Freeze date - 09/22/21
  • Production complete - 11/05/21
  • Delivery to my dealer - 12/17/21
My allocation was originally an August build for October delivery, but it was shifted back to accommodate PTS.

Last edited by brianja; 07-12-2021 at 04:50 PM.
becauseitis (07-13-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 07:34 PM
bigmoney
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

My build went from v250 (freeze) to on vessel today. TRD started after the dealership had the correct build number in the system. Delivery date has not changed, but I expect that to move up. Happy days!
Old 07-12-2021, 07:38 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigmoney
My build went from v250 (freeze) to on vessel today. TRD started after the dealership had the correct build number in the system. Delivery date has not changed, but I expect that to move up. Happy days!
Are you on the Bishu Highway?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!