Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 04:54 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by macanspnw
understood and I wasn't questioning you. I appreciate the sharing of info on this forum. Lot's of good info here. It just seems so strange to me that they do it that way. I know for 911's they have someone at the factory get your wheels/tires perfectly set with toe and camber. Surprised they would be able to do this at a port on a mass scale. Looks like they can....
Sorry - didn't mean to imply that you were questioning the info! It does seem a bit weird, but they must have a lot of capacity at the port processing center. With my latest (Cayenne), the ship pulled into Baltimore on April 22 and the car was through PDI and released for transport later that day. They do software updates there, repair/replace parts, and even minor body work for minor damage. Guess this is the most efficient way to keep things moving while not also putting all the burden of things like TPMS on the dealerships.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:57 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thescout13
I just got an allocation and at MSRP for euro delivery or $2k discount on domestic delivery. And this is a CA dealer. So I would not pay any markup if possible. They are probably calling around because no one wants to pay that ADM.
Good work - hope nobody's paying these guys their ADM. Porsche has about the highest margins on cars in the industry (if not the highest), and dealerships want to stick it to us for more if they think they can get away with it. Shameful.
The following 2 users liked this post by dgtarga:
MadDog_ (05-15-2021), Thescout13 (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 05:14 PM
jeffclevenger
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Seems I may have an allocation now....c4s....what are those of you getting 992s now, looking back in time, realizing in months total time from allocation to delivery? East coast delivery if that matters much.

Curious as well what dealers are telling others allocating today regarding anticipated wait time. My dealership said I should have the car by Nov-1, does that sound about right, or are they being conservative or optimistic? Tks.
I had a ‘21 allocation on 4/4 for July 30 delivery but gave that one up due to stop order on the Aero kit. Was promised then the very next ‘22 C2S allocation. That came in Monday, 5/10. Build freeze 7/19 and estimated delivery is 11/19. I think current orders are taking about 30 days longer than, say, a year ago. I’m on the west coast, so I think that adds a couple of weeks vs. east coast, so if you are on the east coast, the 11/1 seems consistent with what I am being told and seeing on TYD.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:16 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Good work - hope nobody's paying these guys their ADM. Porsche has about the highest margins on cars in the industry (if not the highest), and dealerships want to stick it to us for more if they think they can get away with it. Shameful.
ADM is shameful, but they don't call it lowercaseism. In fact I would bet that many Pcar buyers are able to do so b/c they've reaped the rewards of the open market. I would say the best thing we can do is to teach them a lesson by not paying the markup, but with only so much supply and seemingly quite a good amount of demand, there are people who are willing to do so. In my market we are seeing houses sell for $50k-200k above list. Were the houses underpriced or is it a result of supply v demand and buyers battling it out for homes. Sellers aren't saying no, just pay me list.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:18 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeffclevenger
I had a ‘21 allocation on 4/4 for July 30 delivery but gave that one up due to stop order on the Aero kit. Was promised then the very next ‘22 C2S allocation. That came in Monday, 5/10. Build freeze 7/19 and estimated delivery is 11/19. I think current orders are taking about 30 days longer than, say, a year ago. I’m on the west coast, so I think that adds a couple of weeks vs. east coast, so if you are on the east coast, the 11/1 seems consistent with what I am being told and seeing on TYD.
But you still had to forego the aerokit, right? I thought that was still on stop sale.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:42 PM
Huddo
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts

Wow! I just secured an allocation/build for my Carrera 4. Dealer got a C2 allocation on Monday, spoke to them Tuesday and they contacted Porsche to try to swap for a C4. They were obviously successful as I just received the email from Porsche to set up my ID and get Track Your Dream up and running. Dealer has confirmed it came in today and will send over the commission number later. 9/6/21 freeze date for a MY22 car. Presumably November delivery. I placed the original order on 3/25 so feel pretty lucky to have secured this so quickly.
The following users liked this post:
Thescout13 (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 05:51 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
ADM is shameful, but they don't call it lowercaseism. In fact I would bet that many Pcar buyers are able to do so b/c they've reaped the rewards of the open market. I would say the best thing we can do is to teach them a lesson by not paying the markup, but with only so much supply and seemingly quite a good amount of demand, there are people who are willing to do so. In my market we are seeing houses sell for $50k-200k above list. Were the houses underpriced or is it a result of supply v demand and buyers battling it out for homes. Sellers aren't saying no, just pay me list.
Spoke with the owner of my local dealership not too long ago. He flat out refuses to ask for ADM. When the market is hot they will ask MSRP. There are a few honest retailers out there.
Thescout13 (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 06:09 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 135 Posts

Started a solo thread before I noticed this one. Just snagged a C2 allocation spec'ed like this: PNPVGW75

July build, Sept 3 Delivery

Last edited by Jaye Bass; 05-13-2021 at 06:10 PM.
Thescout13 (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 06:10 PM
dangol
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry - didn't mean to imply that you were questioning the info! It does seem a bit weird, but they must have a lot of capacity at the port processing center. With my latest (Cayenne), the ship pulled into Baltimore on April 22 and the car was through PDI and released for transport later that day. They do software updates there, repair/replace parts, and even minor body work for minor damage. Guess this is the most efficient way to keep things moving while not also putting all the burden of things like TPMS on the dealerships.
Do we know what models are more affected by he TPMS issue? Is it across the board or are certain models more likely to have the issue?
Old 05-13-2021, 06:16 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dangol
Do we know what models are more affected by he TPMS issue? Is it across the board or are certain models more likely to have the issue?
Why hold them up in port? Send them on to dealers and hopefully they arrive by the time they get there, OR let the customer take delivery and have the sensors installed on the wheels as a recall item. Am I missing something there?
Old 05-13-2021, 06:33 PM
phila12180
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

Spoke with the owner of my local dealership not too long ago. He flat out refuses to ask for ADM. When the market is hot they will ask MSRP. There are a few honest retailers out there.
I was at my dealer this afternoon ordering some accessories before my car comes. I was talking with the general manager and I asked him if they charge an ADM on hard to find cars. He said they charge MSRP but not over, he said if a customer says up front that they will try and sell the car after delivery for more than they paid then they will not sell them the car.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:41 PM
phila12180
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by macanspnw
Which seems crazy to me as they have to remove the wheels and then the tires from the wheels and then re-install which involves rebalancing and alignment etc. I know ports are equipped to do some PDI stuff but removing and installing tens of thousands of wheels/tires?
Removing a wheel and tire to install a TPMS sensor would require the wheel and tire to be balanced but it would NOT require a wheel alignment. There is no connection between removing a wheel and tire and wheel alignment.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:50 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Why hold them up in port? Send them on to dealers and hopefully they arrive by the time they get there, OR let the customer take delivery and have the sensors installed on the wheels as a recall item. Am I missing something there?
You'd have to ask PCNA or PAG that one. It seems like a logical option. Maybe a logistics issue.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:58 PM
Kurac
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 117 Posts

Ok, so I’m seeing people post pics of their cars on the production line or finished in the factory. My car's on a boat and has been built since 4/7 ....shouldn’t I see pics of my car on TYD???.....
Old 05-13-2021, 07:01 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 930 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by phila12180
I was at my dealer this afternoon ordering some accessories before my car comes. I was talking with the general manager and I asked him if they charge an ADM on hard to find cars. He said they charge MSRP but not over, he said if a customer says up front that they will try and sell the car after delivery for more than they paid then they will not sell them the car.
Maybe you should order a GT3 or Speedster!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!