Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 09:39 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by radmri
I wouldnt be surprised if your build is on the Siem Confucius and the TYD simply did not update as it should have. My build is going to Jax as well and has very similar Emden transit dates as yours.
I was really hoping it made it on the Confucius. What I'm wondering is if it did make it, when they'll notice and notify me. I have to schedule the PEC date, which is normally done once they know it's on the boat.. and then I need to make flight and hotel arrangements.

It's kind of crazy that they just lose track of their cars like this when they have a tracking system in place.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:59 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,243 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by achilleas101
I was really hoping it made it on the Confucius. What I'm wondering is if it did make it, when they'll notice and notify me. I have to schedule the PEC date, which is normally done once they know it's on the boat.. and then I need to make flight and hotel arrangements.

It's kind of crazy that they just lose track of their cars like this when they have a tracking system in place.
I think it’s in the hands of PWL now that it’s in transport. So the info is only as good as what they provide. From what others have mentioned about the current state, the logistics is a mess right now.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:07 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Originally Posted by raymort
I think it’s in the hands of PWL now that it’s in transport. So the info is only as good as what they provide. From what others have mentioned about the current state, the logistics is a mess right now.
yeah, assuming it's on the boat. 🙂

I was talking about the fact that more than 1 or 2 people have reported that the TYD had missed some milestones (and if thatis what happened to me). I assume the car gets scanned some way at each spot in the journey.. so when it gets to port, Porsche knows it got there because it was inventoried and it didn't, you know, get stolen or something. Then when it gets on a boat, same thing. They would want to know it got on there so that at destination port, inventory numbers line up.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:21 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

yeah, assuming it's on the boat. 🙂

I was talking about the fact that more than 1 or 2 people have reported that the TYD had missed some milestones (and if thatis what happened to me). I assume the car gets scanned some way at each spot in the journey.. so when it gets to port, Porsche knows it got there because it was inventoried and it didn't, you know, get stolen or something. Then when it gets on a boat, same thing. They would want to know it got on there so that at destination port, inventory numbers line up.
Mine has been in transit to port for a week and is also headed to JAX for PECATL.

My dates haven’t updated to match yours, but I’m sure we should be on the same boat.
Old 09-17-2021, 06:21 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Default Bishu has departed

The following users liked this post:
laurenxesq (09-18-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 07:21 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

I'm now at 3 weeks and counting since TYD said my 2022 Targa 4 should be in Emden. But that date has yet to be confirmed. The car finished production on 8/24 and left the factory on a train a couple of days later. No one can tell me where it is. My SA, who is great, has made some inquiry and even he hasn't gotten an answer. This is beyond frustrating. First, it was the delays in getting it built, with freeze dates and production dates being pushed back. But I had thought that once built, I was in good shape. TYD now says it will be on a boat on 10/8. That's 6 weeks after it was to arrive in Emden. Me no happy!
Old 09-17-2021, 07:45 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
I'm now at 3 weeks and counting since TYD said my 2022 Targa 4 should be in Emden. But that date has yet to be confirmed. The car finished production on 8/24 and left the factory on a train a couple of days later. No one can tell me where it is. My SA, who is great, has made some inquiry and even he hasn't gotten an answer. This is beyond frustrating. First, it was the delays in getting it built, with freeze dates and production dates being pushed back. But I had thought that once built, I was in good shape. TYD now says it will be on a boat on 10/8. That's 6 weeks after it was to arrive in Emden. Me no happy!
misery loves company, I'm not the only one!!

You would think they'd want to be able to know where their 6 figure assets are at all times. Considering the technology is there, they sure seem to have a **** poor implementation of it. I'm in IT, so it's extra maddening for me.
Go Bruins (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 07:51 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

misery loves company, I'm not the only one!!

You would think they'd want to be able to know where their 6 figure assets are at all times. Considering the technology is there, they sure seem to have a **** poor implementation of it. I'm in IT, so it's extra maddening for me.
I agree. It's completely nuts. Where the hell are our cars. The dealers don't get paid and Porsche doesn't get paid until the care is invoiced. That won't happen if it's sitting in a parking lot. Or maybe the valet drivers are taking them for a spin?

achilleas101 (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 07:57 PM
RRich
Racer

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

TYD is either not updating accurately (a real possibility) or production timing was unfortunate and just missed the last boat for the west coast.
My TYD shows my car arrived in Emden 9/15, and is scheduled to be on vessel 10/8 heading for San Diego. I would hope they would give some priority to the 911’s as they are the cash cows.
laurenxesq (09-18-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 07:59 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RRich
TYD is either not updating accurately (a real possibility) or production timing was unfortunate and just missed the last boat for the west coast.
My TYD shows my car arrived in Emden 9/15, and is scheduled to be on vessel 10/8 heading for San Diego. I would hope they would give some priority to the 911’s as they are the cash cows.
What was the last boat for SD?
Old 09-17-2021, 09:38 PM
SwanSong
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by raymort
What was the last boat for SD?

My car arrived in Emden around this same time, also headed for San Diego. I'm trying to figure out if the Rhea Leader, which departed earlier this week, might be headed to SD, as some of the scheduling posted a few days ago on this forum seemed to indicate so. Mine would have been right on the edge of making it, but who knows. Anyone know what the next boat out for San Diego is at this point?

Last edited by SwanSong; 09-17-2021 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:15 PM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 243 Posts
Default Cross posting

My CP8 came early when i checked TYD today and I noticed there is a mismatch between main site and TYD. I am just sticking with the pessimistic version so as not to get my hope high, but i am curious if anyone has experienced this and what the outcome was in terms of accuracy.

Main site

TYD
robert310 (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 10:33 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,946 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain P
My CP8 came early when i checked TYD today and I noticed there is a mismatch between main site and TYD. I am just sticking with the pessimistic version so as not to get my hope high, but i am curious if anyone has experienced this and what the outcome was in terms of accuracy.
Yes. Mine did that several times throughout from ordering up until car was delivered. For me, the further progress was always accurate so your car is most likely completed.
Captain P (09-17-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 12:23 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by airbusdriver
Just put down my $1k deposit for a 992 S coupe allocation. Going to keep it simple with just the 7-speed manual + Sport Chrono, Bose, and PDLS as options. Looking at Night Blue Metallic with black/mojave beige interior. Very excited! Was told Q1 2022 delivery.
lets hope they start production soon! Night Blue is being discontinued in Nov (or possibly December).
famous shoes (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 05:28 AM
ibopm
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Hi guys, new here from this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1238...ly-driver.html

As of 2021-07-17, I'm on phase one for "Your order is created". How long does it take until I get to phase 2? The suspense is killing me!

My SA did tell me to expect delivery in February though, which is actually perfect as that is when my dad plans to retire.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!