Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2021 | 08:36 AM
sportmode
Advanced

RCC Classic as of May 16, 7:30 am, EST.

The following 2 users liked this post by sportmode:
Josh911 (05-22-2021), westcoastj (05-17-2021)
Old 05-16-2021 | 09:19 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Seems like a lot of allocations were released in May - just within the past few days. It might be worth calling around to other dealers (in state and out of state) to see if any are available.
And a lot of those allocations were for people who had been waiting for months. It took 4 months to get my April allocation for what will be a late November delivery. Basically one year total wait time.

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
FWIW I called about 20 dealers...only 1 claims to have an allocation. Half didn't even return calls and emails. Plan on getting hosed at msrp plus the dealer will act like they're still doing you a huge favor at msrp and your causing them a inconvenience. Frustrating as a long term follower of the brand.
Dealers are frustrated too. They are sitting on the greatest new/used car market in a generation with zero inventory. I have a discount on my allocation, but this deal was made in February. I'm not so sure I could get much better than sticker right now.
Old 05-16-2021 | 10:02 AM
Kurac
Racer

Originally Posted by sportmode
RCC Classic as of May 16, 7:30 am, EST.

Just noticed it this morning. As of yesterday, it was still showing off the coast of France in the Celtic Sea.
After securing the allocation end of Feb, we are in the home stretch!
Old 05-16-2021 | 11:12 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

FWIW I called about 20 dealers...only 1 claims to have an allocation. Half didn't even return calls and emails. Plan on getting hosed at msrp plus the dealer will act like they're still doing you a huge favor at msrp and your causing them a inconvenience. Frustrating as a long term follower of the brand.
To be fair - it is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. We (as a society - at least here in the US) have become so accustom to paying less than MSRP, that it feels like we are being screwed if/when we pay it. But heck, the market has more buyers than sellers right now and so MSRP is not the worst thing - in fact, it actually made negotiations easier

And the sales experience was pretty sweet.

The entire Track Your Dream (TYD) was TOTALLY amazing - like waiting for Christmas - you know when it is coming and sometimes the wait is better than they actual day
Old 05-16-2021 | 11:20 AM
lostcolorado
Advanced

Default Colorado allocation

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Out of curiosity, who did you talk to. Call Aaron at Prestige.

Monday I’ll put deposits down in Colorado Springs (Justin) and Littleton (Anastasiia). I think that should be adequate.
Old 05-16-2021 | 03:57 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lostcolorado
Monday I’ll put deposits down in Colorado Springs (Justin) and Littleton (Anastasiia). I think that should be adequate.
I had deposits down at 5 dealers where I was first on the list for a C4S targa. One of the five got an allocation in the most recent release of allocations. My build is September with a November delivery date. Your deposits are refundable, hedge your bets and talk to a few dealers.

Old 05-16-2021 | 04:40 PM
westsiderkg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I had deposits down at 5 dealers where I was first on the list for a C4S targa. One of the five got an allocation in the most recent release of allocations. My build is September with a November delivery date. Your deposits are refundable, hedge your bets and talk to a few dealers.
Wow, ok I guess...haven't thought about deposits with multiple dealerships. Guess I just don't get it...I'm not going that route. You honestly think tracking down 4 other dealers for refunds will not be a hassle in addition to a tad unethical? Wonder if the dealerships would accept the deposits if they knew you were doing that? Not saying that you are wrong, think many of us are quite frustrated by the current state of things, just I hadn't thought of that, nor would I personally do that. I found 1 dealership I liked of the 20. They don't have a allocation, but I trust they'll eventually get one. I mean honestly folks, we act like we are dealing sometimes with organ transplants here or the last spaceship leaving a doomed planet, lol....we'll all get cars in time, porsche doesn't want to not make a profit from us. 😀
The following 2 users liked this post by westsiderkg:
phila12180 (05-17-2021), Tedster (05-17-2021)
Old 05-16-2021 | 04:47 PM
por356
Racer

Wow, ok I guess...haven't thought about deposits with multiple dealerships. Guess I just don't get it...I'm not going that route. You honestly think tracking down 4 other dealers for refunds will not be a hassle in addition to a tad unethical? Wonder if the dealerships would accept the deposits if they knew you were doing that? Not saying that you are wrong, think many of us are quite frustrated by the current state of things, just I hadn't thought of that, nor would I personally do that. I found 1 dealership I liked of the 20. They don't have a allocation, but I trust they'll eventually get one. I mean honestly folks, we act like we are dealing sometimes with organ transplants here or the last spaceship leaving a doomed planet, lol....we'll all get cars in time, porsche doesn't want to not make a profit from us. 😀
Not a new practice. I put down deposits at 4 different dealerships in 1969 trying to get the last year of the 912. Not one dealer could get them, not even Vasek Polak who was the largest Porsche dealer on the West Coast, maybe the US.
Old 05-16-2021 | 07:26 PM
German1967
Pro

More and more I think it is a wise choice to sit this supply shortage out and wait on the sidelines. Inflation is here to stay and the Fed will eventually raise rates and the over leveraged sheep drop the mortgage and car payments - suddenly there will be plenty of cars available with a nice discount .... Good things come to those who can wait!
Old 05-16-2021 | 08:37 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by German1967
More and more I think it is a wise choice to sit this supply shortage out and wait on the sidelines. Inflation is here to stay and the Fed will eventually raise rates and the over leveraged sheep drop the mortgage and car payments - suddenly there will be plenty of cars available with a nice discount .... Good things come to those who can wait!
that’s so true as long as you have unlimited time. Some of us don’t. 😉
Old 05-16-2021 | 08:55 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by German1967
I don't agree and don't think any of your macro-economic views are correct. But the future will tell -- not either of us. As for now, I'm getting my Targa!
The following users liked this post:
westcoastj (05-17-2021)
Old 05-16-2021 | 09:32 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
I don't agree and don't think any of your macro-economic views are correct. But the future will tell -- not either of us. As for now, I'm getting my Targa!
Agree - and no time like the present.
The following users liked this post:
Go Bruins (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021 | 12:33 AM
skim
Instructor

Originally Posted by dangol
My car is on Green Bay and left Emden today for US West Coast. Anyone else on that boat?
Mine's on it as well! Nice surprise. My ETA was 7/2 and it's now showing 6/11.
Old 05-17-2021 | 12:52 AM
dangol
Track Day

Originally Posted by skim
Mine's on it as well! Nice surprise. My ETA was 7/2 and it's now showing 6/11.
yes same for me. Good to have a companion on that ship!
i had thought the vessel goes straight through the Panama canal and to San Diego. But on various tracking sites, it shows it is headed to South Carolina... i assume for refueling? i don't know.
Old 05-17-2021 | 01:00 AM
westcoastj
Pro

Originally Posted by rk-d
And a lot of those allocations were for people who had been waiting for months. It took 4 months to get my April allocation for what will be a late November delivery. Basically one year total wait time.

I got lucky - put deposit for waitlist on May 3. Got a call on May 14 with september build allocation for hopefully december delivery.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!