Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 06:56 PM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts

Seems I may have an allocation now....c4s....what are those of you getting 992s now, looking back in time, realizing in months total time from allocation to delivery? East coast delivery if that matters much.

Curious as well what dealers are telling others allocating today regarding anticipated wait time. My dealership said I should have the car by Nov-1, does that sound about right, or are they being conservative or optimistic? Tks.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:03 PM
admiraltarkin
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm feeling the same way. Disappointed Miami Blue was gone before I could choose it and Share Blue wasn't available. Ended up going Guards Red after considering Aventurine Green, Chalk and Gentian Blue. Second guessing a bunch of stuff. Let's hope it comes out well
Old 05-11-2021, 07:14 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

My Targa 4 freeze date isn't for 3 more weeks. I've changed things 5 times already, including 3 different colors. I'm on Aventurine Green right now. I really like it and have seen it in person. However, Shark Blue has been summoning me lately. I know that when my Targa is on the boat, I'll have regrets. I hope not too many.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:17 PM
bmclaurin
Instructor

Received 222 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
During the time until your build locks, there is the changing, questions, questioning, and more changes until the freeze date is about the only thing that makes it stop really.
Then there is the calm during the wait for production, the completion and the transport to Emden.
Now during the time at sea, I find myself second guessing aspects of the build. Mostly related to color, as well as a few options.
I'm sure when the car arrives I will love it. But in the meantime...

Anyone else?
Yes. The ocean crossing is when the second guessing began for me. But you are absolutely right. Once the car arrived, I forgot all of that. The 992 is just so stunningly good, I can pretty much promise that when you drive it away from the dealer, you aren't gonna be thinking one tiny bit about whether you should have gotten that extra patch of leather or whatever. This car is the real deal. The wait was long, but oh so worth it.

EDIT: All that being said, I guess I have to 'fess up to being a bit of a hypocrite, as I did swap out one of my center console trim pieces after I took delivery. LOL

Last edited by bmclaurin; 05-11-2021 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:31 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,823 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by bmclaurin
Yes. The ocean crossing is when the second guessing began for me. But you are absolutely right. Once the car arrived, I forgot all of that. The 992 is just so stunningly good, I can pretty much promise that when you drive it away from the dealer, you aren't gonna be thinking one tiny bit about whether you should have gotten that extra patch of leather or whatever. This car is the real deal. The wait was long, but oh so worth it.

EDIT: All that being said, I guess I have to 'fess up to being a bit of a hypocrite, as I did swap out one of my center console trim pieces after I took delivery. LOL
I think we got the same color. That has been the biggest thing for me. But I expect you are right.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:50 PM
Thescout13
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Seems I may have an allocation now....c4s....what are those of you getting 992s now, looking back in time, realizing in months total time from allocation to delivery? East coast delivery if that matters much.

Curious as well what dealers are telling others allocating today regarding anticipated wait time. My dealership said I should have the car by Nov-1, does that sound about right, or are they being conservative or optimistic? Tks.
Yeah, I just got an allocation today (though I’ll believe it when I have the confirmation # in hand) and also curious about this. It’s a September build with an 11/1 US delivery date. I am hoping for Euro Delivery instead (assuming it’s even possible with COVID), but curious whether these supply chain delays will impact the allocations yet to be built. It seems like nothing is set in stone lately.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:15 PM
bmclaurin
Instructor

Received 222 Likes on 67 Posts

I think we got the same color. That has been the biggest thing for me. But I expect you are right.
Indeed we did.

At first I was pretty set on GT Silver. But then Nick Murray got in my head with all his rants imploring people to consider actual colors. I ended up settling on Gentian Blue, largely as a result of listening to his advice. And I'm glad I did. It's just stunning IMO. And that's not a knock on silver, gray, etc., they're all great. But don't sweat your choice of GB. I rarely see a photo of it (especially my photos) that really captures it. It's a "complex" color if that makes sense, rich and vibrant, and it's hard to capture in a photo. In the flesh, it draws your eye to it, but not in a flashy way IMO. I think you're gonna love it.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:29 PM
dangol
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Glovis Superior went from Bremerhaven to Hamburg. Could still be scheduled into Emden next - should find out in the next day or two.
Yup. Now it is heading from Hamburg to Zeebrugge. I hope you are right and it will at some point go to Emden.
Anyone have the updated VW export schedule? the last i saw was this one.
Attached Images
Old 05-11-2021, 08:39 PM
dangol
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picture of my C2S in production - which i got 2 days after production was completed. I have compared it to other GT silver pictures posted and i can confirm it is not a generic photo they use for all Silver 992s.

The following users liked this post:
doug_999 (05-12-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 09:57 PM
Doc_Ad
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

During the time until your build locks, there is the changing, questions, questioning, and more changes until the freeze date is about the only thing that makes it stop really.
Then there is the calm during the wait for production, the completion and the transport to Emden.
Now during the time at sea, I find myself second guessing aspects of the build. Mostly related to color, as well as a few options.
I'm sure when the car arrives I will love it. But in the meantime...

Anyone else?
yes yes a thousand times yes. The exterior color. The interior color. The offset seats. The wheels. The badge. The stupid 14 way seats. All of it.
But finally I believe I have accepted it. Now I’m more questioning wtf I was thinking because of the price 😐

I’ll feel better when I’m driving the damned thing. Soon. Come on Siem Plato get here already
Old 05-11-2021, 10:00 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by dangol
Yup. Now it is heading from Hamburg to Zeebrugge. I hope you are right and it will at some point go to Emden.
Anyone have the updated VW export schedule? the last i saw was this one.
It's looking less likely that it's headed to Emden. And that's the most recent schedule that I'm aware of.
dangol (05-12-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 10:24 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doc_Ad
Now I’m more questioning wtf I was thinking because of the price 😐
Just tell yourself that right now you could probably sell it for about what you pay for it after a few months of driving it. That placebo will make you feel better for a few minutes.
Doc_Ad (05-12-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 07:49 AM
ImpliedPlot712
Track Day

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bmclaurin
Indeed we did.

At first I was pretty set on GT Silver. But then Nick Murray got in my head with all his rants imploring people to consider actual colors. I ended up settling on Gentian Blue, largely as a result of listening to his advice. And I'm glad I did. It's just stunning IMO. And that's not a knock on silver, gray, etc., they're all great. But don't sweat your choice of GB. I rarely see a photo of it (especially my photos) that really captures it. It's a "complex" color if that makes sense, rich and vibrant, and it's hard to capture in a photo. In the flesh, it draws your eye to it, but not in a flashy way IMO. I think you're gonna love it.
That's funny, I had internalized the idea that I owed it to "people" to chose a bright color and was set on Guards Red (which I do genuinely enjoy), and I definitely blame Mr. Murray for that. Through much soul searching and meditation I uncovered a secret long-repressed love of silver and ended up settling on Dolomite Silver. I'm a pretty gifted second-guesser, so that's certainly going on (I should have done GT Silver as that seems more popular than Dolomite, Gentian Blue would have been awesome, why didn't I get the Paldao trim to go with the truffle!). But, I have a new 911 in production, 4 days early no less, with my name on it. Woohoo!
Old 05-12-2021, 12:23 PM
jdanza22
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dangol
Picture of my C2S in production - which i got 2 days after production was completed. I have compared it to other GT silver pictures posted and i can confirm it is not a generic photo they use for all Silver 992s.
Yes, I agree, you can see the headlight covers are in a slightly different position in my photo
Old 05-12-2021, 12:48 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Siem Plato moored this morning at Davisville. Headed to Houston once the east coast cars are offloaded. Due to arrive in Houston next Wednesday or so.
The following 4 users liked this post by 3rdpedal:
4 Rings (05-12-2021), admiraltarkin (05-12-2021), Boulder Mike (05-12-2021), twin_turbo (05-12-2021)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!