Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 10:16 PM
manual_laborer
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by silver1331
Anyone else in Davisville and showing delays? My car (C4S) has finished port processing 5/7 and normally should be on the way to the dealer but it shows dealer delivery as 6/11 (33 days from now). I would assume this may the TPMS issue mentioned earlier but curious if anyone has any other color on what the story may be?
I’m in (and probably was literally on) the same boat. Same arrival same estimated date. Waiting to see how long port processing takes.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:36 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,832 Likes on 954 Posts

How long before it hit US mainland port should the ship show up again on marinetraffic.com?

Siem Plato was originally expected 5/10 and is now expected late 5/11 in Davisville before moving on to Houston next week. No live tracking since it left the English Channel. I'm guessing it will appear again later today or sometime tomorrow...
Old 05-10-2021, 10:56 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
How long before it hit US mainland port should the ship show up again on marinetraffic.com?

Siem Plato was originally expected 5/10 and is now expected late 5/11 in Davisville before moving on to Houston next week. No live tracking since it left the English Channel. I'm guessing it will appear again later today or sometime tomorrow...
Yes, live tracking from the AIS system doesn't return until the ship is quite close to shore. You can purchase satellite tracking if you want to track the ship across the ocean or even during it's time out of range on its way to Houston. I'm not sure about Marine Traffic, but you can do it on FleetMon. To buy enough points for 14 days of satellite tracking costs about $15.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:51 PM
Optimist
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by timjab
My fellow Confucians we are underway and currently traversing the English Channel!
Old 05-10-2021, 02:47 PM
Ted R
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

After much back and forth I have decided on my build. My biggest issues were; color, transmission, 14 or 18 way seats. I settled on agate although considered silvers, shark blue and gentian. I really wanted gentian to work but the colors changes so much from a bright and vivid to a pretty dark blue. Anyway, here is the build for your reviewing pleasure. Comments welcome.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6HCND8
Old 05-10-2021, 02:51 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted R
After much back and forth I have decided on my build. My biggest issues were; color, transmission, 14 or 18 way seats. I settled on agate although considered silvers, shark blue and gentian. I really wanted gentian to work but the colors changes so much from a bright and vivid to a pretty dark blue. Anyway, here is the build for your reviewing pleasure. Comments welcome.

Nice build. I would consider ACC.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:52 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,832 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted R

I am getting Gentian. Originally was on Night Blue but liked the variation of the Gentian more.

Agate is great. I would consider the Exclusive wheel with Satin Black accents for that build. Or the Classics over the extremely hard to clean Spyders.

The following users liked this post:
sanford (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 05:02 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 168 Posts

Nice build! Similar to My C2S (now on board the Siem Confucius) as it is also Agate Grey with black wheels (Carrera S though), black interior, premium pkg. and glass sunroof. I did spec the 7 speed manual, standard interior with 4 way sport seats plus to save weight as I almost never adjusted my14 ways, and the 18 ways use the same enhanced bolster design as the 4 way Sport Seats plus. If you ever picked up the 14 or 18 way seats vs the 4-ways (I removed them to add sports buckets) you would be shocked at the massive weight those motors add. I think you could also save some money by deleting some of those options like the racetex roof liner and skirts. My build came in at $130k. But you have lots of time to ruminate and you have a great base to work with!
Old 05-10-2021, 06:26 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

So I was told a few minutes ago that my dealer just received a Targa 4S allocation (September build) and I gave him a deposit and have to submit my build. Am I officially allowed to post here now or do I need to wait until I get more information?
Boulder Mike (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 07:47 PM
dangol
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone,
My first post.
C2S finished production on May 7 and is currently at Emden waiting for ship to US West Coast. I had seen on an earlier post that shared the VW export schedule that Glovis Superior was going to be going from Emden to San Diego on May 11th. But it seems the ship is actually in Bremerhaven not Emden. Seems no ship on schedule to go from Emden to US West Coast in the next couple of weeks. Anyone else was hoping to have their car loaded this week for a US west coast delivery?

Last edited by dangol; 05-10-2021 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:33 PM
bmclaurin
Instructor

Received 222 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
So I was told a few minutes ago that my dealer just received a Targa 4S allocation (September build) and I gave him a deposit and have to submit my build. Am I officially allowed to post here now or do I need to wait until I get more information?
This is gonna be good.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:24 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dangol
Hi everyone,
My first post.
C2S finished production on May 7 and is currently at Emden waiting for ship to US West Coast. I had seen on an earlier post that shared the VW export schedule that Glovis Superior was going to be going from Emden to San Diego on May 11th. But it seems the ship is actually in Bremerhaven not Emden. Seems no ship on schedule to go from Emden to US West Coast in the next couple of weeks. Anyone else was hoping to have their car loaded this week for a US west coast delivery?
The VW export schedule you refer to gives approximate dates - it's not unusual for the "load ready" date for departure from Emden to be off by several days or a week. Continue to watch Marine Traffic or Fleetmon, as the Glovis Superior could still be scheduled into Emden from Bremerhaven as its next stop. If not, it looks like you'd be waiting until the end of May for the Viking Destiny.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Volkswagen_Export_Schedule.pdf (47.9 KB, 31 views)
dangol (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 09:27 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr. G
You cannot post here until you share your build and take endless abuse for all of your bad choices.
The following 3 users liked this post by dgtarga:
MadDog_ (05-15-2021), por356 (05-10-2021), Tedster (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 09:37 PM
dangol
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks!
Old 05-10-2021, 09:50 PM
Ted R
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I am getting Gentian. Originally was on Night Blue but liked the variation of the Gentian more.

Agate is great. I would consider the Exclusive wheel with Satin Black accents for that build. Or the Classics over the extremely hard to clean Spyders.
That looks great. Agree on the spyder wheels being difficult to clean but I do like the look

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!