Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 11:48 AM
butrcrm
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheObsessed
I, for one, am stressing. Mine along with a few on this thread, are on the Siem Aristotle and it’s basically moving at a snail’s pace along the English Channel. I hope this is normal but boy, the tracking shows how much of a cluster the Channel is. It will likely miss the 26th arrival at Davisville. All thoughts appreciated.
It’ll be fine. Voyages of this distance regularly have acceleration and deceleration due to a number of factors. Plus or minus a day or 2 in either direction is normal. TYD is not firm dates, rather end of week estimates.

If this is getting you stressed, buckle up - once the cars hit the port, the timelines can be much more variable and most dealers will tell you they don’t know what truck your car is on or when they’re expecting it.

The following users liked this post:
PorscheObsessed (02-14-2021)
Old 02-14-2021, 11:50 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,372 Posts

But Amazon can tell you exactly where your $12 whatchamacallit doodah is at any time...

siberian
Old 02-14-2021, 11:53 AM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Received 219 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheObsessed
I, for one, am stressing. Mine along with a few on this thread, are on the Siem Aristotle and it’s basically moving at a snail’s pace along the English Channel. I hope this is normal but boy, the tracking shows how much of a cluster the Channel is. It will likely miss the 26th arrival at Davisville. All thoughts appreciated.

Siem Aristotle track over 12 hrs. Hope this is normal.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:03 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 498 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by butrcrm
It’ll be fine. Voyages of this distance regularly have acceleration and deceleration due to a number of factors. Plus or minus a day or 2 in either direction is normal. TYD is not firm dates, rather end of week estimates.

If this is getting you stressed, buckle up - once the cars hit the port, the timelines can be much more variable and most dealers will tell you they don’t know what truck your car is on or when they’re expecting it.
+1

There is unquestionably extra time built in for weather delays and other factors. Very similar to aircraft coming into high density area where time is built in for landing spots and traffic delays.
Mine arrived in Davisville v3 days early and then due to the late December snow storm sat off LI for 2 days. Once it was off the boat a fellow Rennlister got his car within two days and mine took an extra 3 days to get to the same dealer. Dealer thinks there was a delay in billing the dealer by Porsche.

Take home message is Man Proposes and God laughs. Depending on weather and which dealer you are going to it could be as little as 14 days from leaving Emden to as much as 28 days with an average of around 16 days for a LI, NY or NJ dealer . The dealers themselves have no more insight that TYD and until it is on the truck they will not know why it is not on the truck or when it will be on the truck - @PorscheObsessed you will get your car and you will love it and so hang in there
PorscheObsessed (02-14-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 11:47 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

Car's production photo loaded earlier today, not too flattering picture as it is an early production photo with no real perspective on the car. Car is already at Emdem port per TYD so that should give some here some additional information on how this process works. All random.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:57 PM
991RMX
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts

No production pic :/ But, it's coming... If TYD is right. It's acting odd..

Old 02-15-2021, 09:10 PM
TRIPLEBLK1
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 991RMX
No production pic :/ But, it's coming... If TYD is right. It's acting odd..

Can't wait to see your car !
991RMX (02-15-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 11:34 PM
Hormazd Dalal
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

I got PNA to resend me link and now TYD is working. My Car is ahead of schedule and waiting for a boat at Emden. Happy it spent only 3 days in Custom tailoring with all the leather customization I did. I've tried to find a schedule of outgoing car carriers from Emden, but no luck. Any idea how to find a schedule of carriers in the next 2 weeks from Emden heading for San Diego? I could just wait until TYD tells me the vessel its on, but that requires too much patience!
Old 02-20-2021, 12:04 AM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

They are so many transport companies it would be impossible. I'm guessing it will show up on you TYD very soon. If your not patient now it's going to kill you when it's sailing across the Atlantic. Good luck and enjoy the process.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:14 PM
GoCards67
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 85 Posts

My TYD date just jumped up 11 days. Yesterday was 54 days and today it says 43. They probably forgot to paint it or something.
Muhney (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 06:41 PM
oneof5
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi All

Adding my current build for input..I'm pretty much set I think, except for the rims..haha, always changing. Turbo rims or not?

I'm finally getting my dream Porsche!

I don't post much on here as I'm usually in other countries half the year or at sea. Currently, I'm in Guam in quarantine spending most of my figuring out my build! My driving time for either of my current Porsche models is about 5000 miles a year total for both some of which is done on back country PCA club events. Sadly my 968 will have to go as the garage will not fit 3.http://www.porsche-code.com/PM2UAIF1

Thanks..hope everyone's dream machine is fullfilling!
Old 02-20-2021, 07:58 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,372 Posts

The longest week I spent was at the Guam Naval Hospital TDY... there are worse ways to spend your time than figuring out your build . Good luck and stay safe!

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 02-21-2021 at 11:52 AM.
oneof5 (02-21-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 08:11 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by oneof5
Hi All

Adding my current build for input..I'm pretty much set I think, except for the rims..haha, always changing. Turbo rims or not?

I'm finally getting my dream Porsche!

I don't post much on here as I'm usually in other countries half the year or at sea. Currently, I'm in Guam in quarantine spending most of my figuring out my build! My driving time for either of my current Porsche models is about 5000 miles a year total for both some of which is done on back country PCA club events. Sadly my 968 will have to go as the garage will not fit 3.http://www.porsche-code.com/PM2UAIF1

Thanks..hope everyone's dream machine is fullfilling!
Good call on the Sports design and side skirts, it's such a good look. I also think you are going to love the PDCC. I had a 2019 991.2 GTS and then went Targa 4S with PDCC and the difference in the ride is night and day. The car seriously feels like its on rails. I also wish I would have got the aluminum gearshift the stock one looks cheap to me, but I will replace it later I'm sure. I'm not a fan the the red Targa lettering, to me it cheapens the look but if you like it get it. Great looking build, you are going to be amazed. One other note. I had the 18way seats on my GTS and I'm 6'4" and about 220lbs. Those seats were a litte uncomfortable to me so I hesitated ordering 18 way on my Targa and I have 14 way on my Macan. But I really felt like I should have the 18 way on the 911 because they hold you in the seat so much better. To my surprise the 18 way on the 992 are a little wider (maybe because the cabin is wider ) and much more comfortable than what my experience was with the GTS, and I'm really happy I made that choice. But again thats a personal preference, but these 18 ways are much more comfortable than the 14 way on my Macan.
Good luck and enjoy the process.
Ah...one more thing. You might consider upgrading your leather seats which some give you leather dash with deviated stitching and leather door uppers. You can pay for most of that upgrade by deleting some of the leather additions you made that are less appealing. The leather packages really seperate these cars from their competitors interiors.

Last edited by Muhney; 02-20-2021 at 08:18 PM.
oneof5 (02-21-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 07:59 AM
shark715
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm in the New York metro area, so my car's entry port will be Davisville RI. Looks like the Emden-Davisville RoRo route is bi-monthly. TYD shows my car arrived in Emden on 2/18 (still no production photos BTW), but estimates the car will not be on a vessel until 3/6, arriving Davisville 3/26.

But I see the RoRo vessel Mediterranean Highway is due to arrive Emden 2/27, and from Davisville's berthing schedule I can see it's then scheduled to arrive 3/12 with a load of VW/Audi vehicles from Germany, and I assume this would include Porsches.

So isn't there a real chance my car will be 2 weeks earlier than what TYD is currently estimating?

Last edited by shark715; 02-21-2021 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:59 PM
Yinnzer
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Impatiently waiting.

Impatiently waiting for my Aventurine Green over Luxor Black/Iceland Green full leather with Paldao Wood dash and seat back inserts, Agave Green seatbelts and brown cabriolet top. Estimated arrival date of 5/15/21

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!