Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 02:38 PM
kencalz
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you sure there is a shortage of the Aerokit? My Aerokit Porsche Code: PM7TQXX0 was built last week (I think based on the screen shot from my dealer)?
On another topic: Customer Service gave me a VIN yesterday but even with repeated calls to the Call Center and my SA for a few weeks, I still haven't received the TYD link. Don't know why it is so difficult. Call Center mentioned I had different profiles created by the dealer but they were able to find the right one eventually. SA says it has nothing to do with the dealer and should be automatically generated by Porsche once the order is inputed by the dealer in the system. All I want is a picture of the vehicle in the factory...
Old 09-29-2020, 02:42 PM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

I read that as they expected the build to be done on 9/25 but there is no actual date yet.... which tells me it is not built.

Planned Date = the original date they set
Expected Date = the date that is currently set (instead of the planned date)
Actual Date = the date they actually completed the task.

Last edited by dribar; 09-29-2020 at 02:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gohawks23 (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 02:47 PM
991RMX
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by kencalz
Are you sure there is a shortage of the Aerokit? My Aerokit Porsche Code: PM7TQXX0 was built last week (I think based on the screen shot from my dealer)?
On another topic: Customer Service gave me a VIN yesterday but even with repeated calls to the Call Center and my SA for a few weeks, I still haven't received the TYD link. Don't know why it is so difficult. Call Center mentioned I had different profiles created by the dealer but they were able to find the right one eventually. SA says it has nothing to do with the dealer and should be automatically generated by Porsche once the order is inputed by the dealer in the system. All I want is a picture of the vehicle in the factory...
That's what I was told. I don't have more information other than I could build now without aero or next year with aero once it is available.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:48 PM
991RMX
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by gohawks23
Yep, you will give up your allocation because your dealer will need to build it now with what Porsche can support. You will have to get a new allocation and hope by its lock time that the aerokit is available. If not rinse and repeat. And if allocations not available at your dealer you may need to find at a different one. Unfortunately not going to be pleasant or easy.

PS, think of an allocation as a Porsche defined spot in time where Porsche has told your dealer they can build a certain vehicle model. There is no line per se as some dealers get more allocations than others, etc. A dealer may have a line of people waiting for an allocation spot tho and this is where you need to search for one at others if you don't like your space in line or the allocation timing.
Well, now I'm questioning my decision to wait it out. The tricky part is they already have my deposit.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:51 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by 991RMX
Well, now I'm questioning my decision to wait it out. The tricky part is they already have my deposit.
Well, they (Porsche in this case) didn't perform to your requirements so I'd be at dealer asking/waiting for refund. I wouldn't want to be locked into one dealer in an unknown production date type situation like this.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:52 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 991RMX
I have a commission number associated with my name on my build sheet via pdf, but he said he would need to cancel my allocation and get one for me in January. My concern is that the aerokit may not be available for that new order. If this one is in line to get it, then I would think it would have some kind of priority. Maybe I'm wrong. I just feel like there is no effort to try. Did changing your build delay it more?
Unfortunately for us, it doesn't work quite that clear. PAG (Porsche) cannot support the aerokit within this period in time of your current order, so you will need to wait and your current allocation gets reallocated if that makes sense. So for example is another customer who has an order with no Cxx, and no aerokit, at same dealer but has no allocation, internally the area rep can simply push your allocation for January/Feb 2021 and 'reallocate' your production place to the next customer. This is outside the dealer's hands as others have commented. PCNA and PAG essentially do as they see fit based on what they can support at any given point in time. My build was supposed to be a 2020 and it just got slid as a 2021 build and no one had a say on it. They just did it based on what they could support and I was just waiting, still am waiting. Wish it would be easier but it is not. From my experience with multiple dealers in my area, they are not in the business of loosing allocations. They will fill it, even if with a base spec dealer inventory car that they will sell to another customer. That is just how it works. Glad we have this forum to vent our frustrations and also show our smiles when the cars actually arrive. Arm yourself with patience, it will turn our alright, eventually.
991RMX (09-30-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 02:55 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Smile

Well, they (Porsche in this case) didn't perform to your requirements so I'd be at dealer asking/waiting for refund. I wouldn't want to be locked into one dealer in an unknown production date type situation like this.
Asking for a deposit refund = cancelling your order. So process needs to restart if you choose to go to another dealer. It is unfortunate but just the way it is. It sucks plain and simple. If we didn't want/love these Pcars so much I would be the first in line to tell them all to go fly a kite. But it is what it is. If one already has come this far best to wait it out and communicate with PCNA as often as possible for reassurance.
991RMX (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 02:59 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JAB12
Unfortunately for us, it doesn't work quite that clear. PAG (Porsche) cannot support the aerokit within this period in time of your current order, so you will need to wait and your current allocation gets reallocated if that makes sense. So for example is another customer who has an order with no Cxx, and no aerokit, at same dealer but has no allocation, internally the area rep can simply push your allocation for January/Feb 2021 and 'reallocate' your production place to the next customer. This is outside the dealer's hands as others have commented. PCNA and PAG essentially do as they see fit based on what they can support at any given point in time. My build was supposed to be a 2020 and it just got slid as a 2021 build and no one had a say on it. They just did it based on what they could support and I was just waiting, still am waiting. Wish it would be easier but it is not. From my experience with multiple dealers in my area, they are not in the business of loosing allocations. They will fill it, even if with a base spec dealer inventory car that they will sell to another customer. That is just how it works. Glad we have this forum to vent our frustrations and also show our smiles when the cars actually arrive. Arm yourself with patience, it will turn our alright, eventually.
FYI, from what I understand the allocations dealers get from Porsche are specific to model also...for example mine was specifically for a C2S cab...at another point in time my dealer only had allocation for C4S cab...which makes it even harder to get the allocation you want...it took me almost 4 months to find what I wanted and I searched many other states too.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:02 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

@gohawks23 That is correct on both accounts. The entire process is very tight knit........For them. Not for us, unfortunately. Patience is the word of the day when it comes to dealing with anything Porsche on a new order.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:14 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

@gohawks23 That is correct on both accounts. The entire process is very tight knit........For them. Not for us, unfortunately. Patience is the word of the day when it comes to dealing with anything Porsche on a new order.
In my journey quite a few dealers told me because of virus/shutdown/demand that unexpected loads of people are out there trying to spend their $$$ on 911s before the world ends making it even more complicated...haha
Old 09-29-2020, 03:19 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Smile

In my journey quite a few dealers told me because of virus/shutdown/demand that unexpected loads of people are out there trying to spend their $$$ on 911s before the world ends making it even more complicated...haha
Those guys will tell you anything. I just have a funny feeling the 992 will be the last 911 variant before either they decide to go all electric or they shelf the MT for good. Either way looking forward to completing this trip and getting some factory build photos and the rest of it. If not, I'll just have a good story to tell over the next CnC. Whenever that is.
991RMX (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 03:25 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Those guys will tell you anything. I just have a funny feeling the 992 will be the last 911 variant before either they decide to go all electric or they shelf the MT for good. Either way looking forward to completing this trip and getting some factory build photos and the rest of it. If not, I'll just have a good story to tell over the next CnC. Whenever that is.
Agree, and exactly why I am getting it now...last 911 model gas MTs will be scarce...Ive always done very well with MT resales and expect this to be even better because of those reasons...not saying this is an investment or anything but value should hold quite well over time while I'm having fun with it!
JAB12 (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 04:18 PM
comis_hq
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kencalz
Hi Kencalz,

Our cars are siblings, I have exactly the same schedule as yours up to V332, Exit port Emden, and then mine comes to Baltimore on 11/13 (planned), 11/06 (expected).

I have also been emailing to Porsche Customer Service, they sent me the VIN yesterday evening, but still no TYD invite....

Are these dates about right or optimistic/conservative?

Looks like our cars are ahead of production schedule for now....
Old 09-29-2020, 07:08 PM
bmclaurin
Instructor

Received 222 Likes on 67 Posts

Well after years of deliberating, I finally put down a deposit on a 2021 911 S. Still waiting for allocation, but I’m stoked!!

EDIT: My configurator code at the moment is PMHD8FM7.

Last edited by bmclaurin; 09-29-2020 at 07:45 PM.
dribar (09-30-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 07:24 PM
Richard V
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Kencalz and Cornis, my C2S MT Cab is a sibling of yours as well.

Planned dates match up very closely to the point of leaving Emden. I'll get off the ship first, in RI.

It's been 9 weeks today since placing my order. Doesn't seem like any more than 9 weeks........underwater!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!