Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 10:35 AM
991RMX
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
Merely a hunch, but could be the Aerokit causing delay, as per some reports Porsche has been struggling to have enough parts delivered for it or something along those lines.. Some people here also mentioned that it has been removed from the configurator in some countries for the time being. I'd still be confident that Porsche will sort things out rather sooner that later. Anyway, let's hope they get their ____ together and @991RMX 's order back on track as soon as possible!
thanks guys!
Old 09-29-2020, 10:35 AM
991RMX
Instructor

Originally Posted by gohawks23
I agree...some type of shortage...so a delay to delivery most likely...but I'd wait to get what I really want especially with the cost of these toys! :-)
yeah, I want the aero kit. It changes the whole look of the car. I know it is poser, but I like it....
Old 09-29-2020, 10:47 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 176 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by 991RMX
yeah, I want the aero kit. It changes the whole look of the car. I know it is poser, but I like it....
It's a great and somewhat more unique look with the aerokit - very suitable for a 911, so no worries there. I agree that everybody buying a new 911 should wait until they get exactly what they want. A few weeks delay is not going to be a disaster in the grand scheme of things. Although, I have to admit that I would be bummed too having to wait some extra.. Luckily, one will forget that feeling the minute they get into their new car (specced exactly as they want) the first time!
The following users liked this post:
991RMX (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 10:49 AM
991RMX
Instructor

It's a great and somewhat more unique look with the aerokit - very suitable for a 911, so no worries there. I agree that everybody buying a new 911 should wait until they get exactly what they want. A few weeks delay is not going to be a disaster in the grand scheme of things. Although, I have to admit that I would be bummed too having to wait some extra.. Luckily, one will forget that feeling the minute they get into their new car (specced exactly as they want) the first time!
I agree. I dont want to have regrets. I just need to get some clarity on my order that my salesman can't provide. I'm sending an email to PCNA in hopes that they will help clarify what is happening with my order date, v100 status, and delivery date.
gohawks23 (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 11:01 AM
991RMX
Instructor

Originally Posted by gohawks23
Ask for the entire .pdf file on the Retail Build Sheet...the last couple times I have made changes to build the date next to dealer number changed to the date the change was input...and also matched the date/time on bottom of page which is when Porsche system accepted change.

Also maybe due to V100 status which means Porsche can't build your order as it stands right now. There should be a flag as to what part of order is not feasible. Have you asked your salesguy?
Yeah, thanks again. I have the PDF but the sales guy doesn't know why it is V100. He thought maybe it was PEC delivery. He says that can cause a one to two month delay which I've learned isn't quite true. He was suppose to call PCNA to find out more..

Last edited by 991RMX; 09-29-2020 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:05 PM
991RMX
Instructor

Default Aerokit and my order

You were right. It is the aerokit. My car won't be made until next year if I want it as an option. So, I'll have to wait it out unless I hear something new.

Last edited by 991RMX; 09-29-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:08 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 176 Likes on 105 Posts

You were right. It is the aerokit. My car won't be made until next year if I want it as an option. So, I'll have to wait it out unless I hear something new.
Ouch, sorry to hear about the wait part. But good that you now at least know what is happening. Not knowing is usually the worst. It's so strange that a company like Porsche would have shortage of such items like the Aerokit parts, but I guess this Covid thing is affecting everything and everyone.. Perhaps the wing or some other part is coming from a smaller supplier who hadn't protected themselves so well or prepared for exceptional circumstances like this (can't really blame them either). All comes down to risk management.

If I were you, I would wait. It will be an awesome car (especially with the Python color) no matter what you decide!

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 09-29-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:12 PM
991RMX
Instructor

Ouch, sorry to hear about the wait part. But good that you now at least know what is happening. Not knowing is usually the worst. It's so strange that a company like Porsche would have shortage of such items like the Aerokit parts, but I guess this Covid thing is affecting everything and everyone.. Perhaps the wing or some other part is coming from a smaller supplier who hadn't protected themselves so well or prepared for exceptional circumstances like this (can't really blame them either). All comes down to risk management.

If I were you, I would wait. It will be an awesome car (especially with the Python color) no matter what you decide!
Yeah, but the sales guy says I lose my current allocation.. Doesnt that make me lose my place in line? He said they would look for another allocation after first of the year. I am not sure if it works like our company, but if you step out of line, you go to the back...
Old 09-29-2020, 01:27 PM
LASDSGT770
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 190 Posts
Yeah, but the sales guy says I lose my current allocation.. Doesnt that make me lose my place in line? He said they would look for another allocation after first of the year. I am not sure if it works like our company, but if you step out of line, you go to the back...

Well that is frustrating...just as bad as knowing your build is sitting in limbo at a Port 84 miles away because of incompetent bureaucratic politicians. Personally, the wait will be worth it. It will be seven months for us.
speedyj (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 01:48 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by LASDSGT770
Well that is frustrating...just as bad as knowing your build is sitting in limbo at a Port 84 miles away because of incompetent bureaucratic politicians. Personally, the wait will be worth it. It will be seven months for us.
Still no word on this EPA nonsense?
Old 09-29-2020, 01:52 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Holding pattern
Old 09-29-2020, 02:00 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts
Lightbulb

You don't loose your place in line per se, just your vehicle gets built later. That happened to me because of the Cxx options. There was some positive to it as the car slid into MY 2021 as opposed to MY2020 as how it was originally configured, so I took advantage of this and added a few other options to the build that were not available on the configurator 9 months ago, such as fire extinguisher, lightweight glass and others. For PDK preference Inno Drive etc. Some of these were not possible on 2020 MY cars. Still doesn't change the fact we have to wait much longer for any action to take place. It is frustrating to say the least. As far as the allocation goes, I would ask the dealer to show you their screen with the order with your name on it and the allocation acknowledged in writing. That way you can turn back to PCNA if anything goes south. Hopefully not. All the best.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:19 PM
991RMX
Instructor

Originally Posted by JAB12
You don't loose your place in line per se, just your vehicle gets built later. That happened to me because of the Cxx options. There was some positive to it as the car slid into MY 2021 as opposed to MY2020 as how it was originally configured, so I took advantage of this and added a few other options to the build that were not available on the configurator 9 months ago, such as fire extinguisher, lightweight glass and others. For PDK preference Inno Drive etc. Some of these were not possible on 2020 MY cars. Still doesn't change the fact we have to wait much longer for any action to take place. It is frustrating to say the least. As far as the allocation goes, I would ask the dealer to show you their screen with the order with your name on it and the allocation acknowledged in writing. That way you can turn back to PCNA if anything goes south. Hopefully not. All the best.

I have a commission number associated with my name on my build sheet via pdf, but he said he would need to cancel my allocation and get one for me in January. My concern is that the aerokit may not be available for that new order. If this one is in line to get it, then I would think it would have some kind of priority. Maybe I'm wrong. I just feel like there is no effort to try. Did changing your build delay it more?
Old 09-29-2020, 02:22 PM
991RMX
Instructor

Originally Posted by LASDSGT770
sorry about your wait as well. That's got to be frustrating too. Especially since it's just sitting there..
Old 09-29-2020, 02:28 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

I have a commission number associated with my name on my build sheet via pdf, but he said he would need to cancel my allocation and get one for me in January. My concern is that the aerokit may not be available for that new order. If this one is in line to get it, then I would think it would have some kind of priority. Maybe I'm wrong. I just feel like there is no effort to try. Did changing your build delay it more?
Yep, you will give up your allocation because your dealer will need to build it now with what Porsche can support. You will have to get a new allocation and hope by its lock time that the aerokit is available. If not rinse and repeat. And if allocations not available at your dealer you may need to find at a different one. Unfortunately not going to be pleasant or easy.

PS, think of an allocation as a Porsche defined spot in time where Porsche has told your dealer they can build a certain vehicle model. There is no line per se as some dealers get more allocations than others, etc. A dealer may have a line of people waiting for an allocation spot tho and this is where you need to search for one at others if you don't like your space in line or the allocation timing.

Last edited by gohawks23; 09-29-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!