Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 07:13 PM
Musclecarmarcus
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=JAB12;16933261]+1 on this assertion. That is exactly how it is. In my case I received the email first which also carries a confirmation code and links up automatically if you already have a PorscheID, ie, have already previously registered for a PorscheID with other Porsche vehicles you may own or may have owned. Your dealer is the key. The $150K question is if they have the allocation that will get them your car in line to be produced as accepted by Porsche. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't and are waiting themselves to get one. Also ask them if they put your order in as a customer request in order to get the allocation. That happened to me since it was a manual. Not sure how other models work. Let us know how it goes so we can filter out for future ordering members knowledge. I should've researched and signed up for this thread earlier but I already know a thing or two about how PCNA and PAG work based on past orders with other cars. I played with the virtual reality tool earlier and you can do some cool stuff with it. Takes too much time but this is what I could come up with in short notice.

So I don’t have a confirmation code. I was sent a build sheet by the dealer that shows “V200” and says “delivery date determined”. No email and no code. I called PCNA this morning and they told me that a Vin number hasn’t been assigned to the car yet so I wouldn’t be able to have a car linked to the My Porsche app. Does any of this seem fishy? I know my dealer didn’t have an allocation but were somehow able to get one from one of their sister stores. Also the build sheet does say “customer vehicle KF”
Old 09-28-2020, 07:16 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

[QUOTE=Musclecarmarcus;16933519]
Originally Posted by JAB12
+1 on this assertion. That is exactly how it is. In my case I received the email first which also carries a confirmation code and links up automatically if you already have a PorscheID, ie, have already previously registered for a PorscheID with other Porsche vehicles you may own or may have owned. Your dealer is the key. The $150K question is if they have the allocation that will get them your car in line to be produced as accepted by Porsche. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't and are waiting themselves to get one. Also ask them if they put your order in as a customer request in order to get the allocation. That happened to me since it was a manual. Not sure how other models work. Let us know how it goes so we can filter out for future ordering members knowledge. I should've researched and signed up for this thread earlier but I already know a thing or two about how PCNA and PAG work based on past orders with other cars. I played with the virtual reality tool earlier and you can do some cool stuff with it. Takes too much time but this is what I could come up with in short notice.

So I don’t have a confirmation code. I was sent a build sheet by the dealer that shows “V200” and says “delivery date determined”. No email and no code. I called PCNA this morning and they told me that a Vin number hasn’t been assigned to the car yet so I wouldn’t be able to have a car linked to the My Porsche app. Does any of this seem fishy? I know my dealer didn’t have an allocation but were somehow able to get one from one of their sister stores. Also the build sheet does say “customer vehicle KF”
Do you have a commission number? You don't get the VIN until your vehicle is produced.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:17 PM
Musclecarmarcus
Intermediate

[QUOTE=inastrangeland;16933523]
Originally Posted by Musclecarmarcus

Do you have a commission number? You don't get the VIN until your vehicle is produced.
I do have a comm number. It’s on the build sheet.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:19 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,871 Likes on 1,512 Posts

Yes but do you have the car delivered already? My options are above and beyond what the configurator allows you to do. The options on the configurator noted as (Exclusive Manufaktur) are not Cxx. Cxx stands for Customer special requests. Like paint to sample in a non approved color, or a full leather color matching headliner etc. That is what is delaying my car, first it was Covid so I should've been driving it already, then now it is the Cxx options which are non negotiable for me. We are making headway but it still looks a bit bleak.
Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
The following users liked this post:
JAB12 (09-28-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 07:20 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Musclecarmarcus;16933529]
Originally Posted by inastrangeland

I do have a comm number. It’s on the build sheet.
Then you have a car on order. Now TYD is a whole other thread....
Musclecarmarcus (09-28-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 07:26 PM
Musclecarmarcus
Intermediate

[QUOTE=inastrangeland;16933537]
Originally Posted by Musclecarmarcus

Then you have a car on order. Now TYD is a whole other thread....
You’re quite knowledgeable friend. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!
Old 09-28-2020, 07:29 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

"I've seen this movie too".
The following 3 users liked this post by inastrangeland:
JAB12 (09-28-2020), mdrobc1213 (10-02-2020), Musclecarmarcus (09-28-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 07:31 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

I have commission number and an estimated delivery date of 01-08-21. Was told I will get a TYD link from Porsche prior to my production start date of 11-13.
Have also spoken with Porsche customer service on this and the couple people I spoke with hadn't a clue about this program. I asked if they had been trained on it and they said they have not. Ugh.

Last edited by gohawks23; 09-28-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Musclecarmarcus (09-28-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 09:31 PM
991RMX
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts

Times vary. Mine took 5 months to receive. Mostly is dealer tactics the issue. They let you place the order with a deposit while they are still negotiating (or waiting in good faith) for an allocation from Porsche. Until they have the actual allocation and they assign it to you, your order is not accepted by PAG nor your comm number generated. I asked my dealer to let me look at his order screen prior to placing any order, they took my order as a customer request into PAG then got the allocation then the order was official. Said process (with Covid19 PAG issues in between) took 5 months. So if you are trending 12 weeks you are in good shape. PDK orders allocate faster as well. Mine is manual.

Nice build btw. Jitters are well justified.
I just ordered mine on Saturday. There was allegedly an allocation, and I saw a commission number on the order sheet but I have the dreaded v100. My sales guy doesn't know why either. He thought it was PEC delivery but he said he would be told if something was wrong.. this is supposed to be a 12/19 delivery. We might cancel PEC if it will cause a delay...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMK6NVP5

Last edited by 991RMX; 09-28-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:45 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 991RMX
I just ordered mine on Saturday. There was allegedly an allocation, and I saw a commission number on the order sheet but I have the dreaded v100. My sales guy doesn't know why either. He thought it was PEC delivery but he said he would be told if something was wrong.. this is supposed to be a 12/19 delivery. We might cancel PEC if it will cause a delay...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMK6NVP5

Hmmm, I have that same sheet and where yours shows 12/19 mine has the last date I updated my order with Porsche...it isn't a delivery date...delivery date estimate comes from a different screen.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:16 AM
991RMX
Instructor

Originally Posted by gohawks23
Hmmm, I have that same sheet and where yours shows 12/19 mine has the last date I updated my order with Porsche...it isn't a delivery date...delivery date estimate comes from a different screen.
I asked him about that, because it was originally 9/26, but it changed when he attached my name to it. He told me it was estimated delivery... hmm now I'm worried...either he isn't telling me something or the order date changed due to the timing.... either way it is still v100, and I've put my deposit down...

Old 09-29-2020, 07:12 AM
991RMX
Instructor

Can the sales person change this or is it updated automatically? Do you know if your salesperson can tell you? I am not sure what mine is doing, but I'm starting to worry.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:46 AM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 991RMX
Can the sales person change this or is it updated automatically? Do you know if your salesperson can tell you? I am not sure what mine is doing, but I'm starting to worry.
Ask for the entire .pdf file on the Retail Build Sheet...the last couple times I have made changes to build the date next to dealer number changed to the date the change was input...and also matched the date/time on bottom of page which is when Porsche system accepted change.

Also maybe due to V100 status which means Porsche can't build your order as it stands right now. There should be a flag as to what part of order is not feasible. Have you asked your salesguy?

Last edited by gohawks23; 09-29-2020 at 10:15 AM.
991RMX (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 10:24 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Ask for the entire .pdf file on the Retail Build Sheet...the last couple times I have made changes to build the date next to dealer number changed to the date the change was input...and also matched the date/time on bottom of page which is when Porsche system accepted change.

Also maybe due to V100 status which means Porsche can't build your order as it stands right now. There should be a flag as to what part of order is not feasible. Have you asked your salesguy?
Merely a hunch, but could be the Aerokit causing delay, as per some reports Porsche has been struggling to have enough parts delivered for it or something along those lines.. Some people here also mentioned that it has been removed from the configurator in some countries for the time being. I'd still be confident that Porsche will sort things out rather sooner that later. Anyway, let's hope they get their ____ together and @991RMX 's order back on track as soon as possible!
The following 2 users liked this post by TheGreatJ:
991RMX (09-29-2020), gohawks23 (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 10:30 AM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
Merely a hunch, but could be the Aerokit causing delay, as per some reports Porsche has been struggling to have enough parts delivered for it or something along those lines.. Some people here also mentioned that it has been removed from the configurator in some countries for the time being. I'd still be confident that Porsche will sort things out rather sooner that later. Anyway, let's hope they get their ____ together and @991RMX 's order back on track as soon as possible!
I agree...some type of shortage...so a delay to delivery most likely...but I'd wait to get what I really want especially with the cost of these toys! :-)
991RMX (09-29-2020)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!