Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 08:30 PM
Zanotti
Racer

Received 333 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
What are they saying about why you have missed so many boats? Did you open a complaint with PCNA?
I have become to believe that the dealer network has no more data than the TYD data. In reality, the dealer is also a pawn in all this, not really representing Porsche AG but merely a collection agency for PCNA. This is their normal, so making customers mad is just their Dailey life, so they just don't care.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:32 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by infresig
Thought I missed the boat but just received notification, a day late, that my car has left Emden (presumably on Supreme Ace from the published schedule). From the thread, others have arrived earlier and left later or vice versa -- I'm sure there's an industrial logic to it all, but sorry to hear stories of others stuck at port for weeks without explanation.
You are in NYC? Isn't the port for that Davisville? The Supreme doesn't port there. I am waiting for a ship for NJ, the next Davisville ship that I see is the Amethyst departing 5/21.
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezeinstein
My Agate C2S is also on the Siem Aristotle! Except I'm in the Pacific Northwest, and it will still be a while...
Was tracking it on Vesselfinder, but its last location is still showing near England on 5/1. What's the better tracker to use?
Yeah!! You made the cruise ;-)

I use this https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...ry:43.7/zoom:6
The following users liked this post:
Dezeinstein (05-08-2024)
redtanrt10
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Ordered a 4S Cab for my wife to replace her '06 4S Cab,

My freeze was 4/22/24, Sequencing date was yesterday and I now have a Vin #

Build start is 5/21/24, Build complete on 5/29/24.

Expected Delivery date at the Porsche Center in LA, 8/9/24 (I live 50 miles south, selling dealer is in Colorado)

Our 40th Anniversary is 8/11/24 Hoping no delays and/or delivery earlier!!!! (BTW she doesn't know I ordered this 911))

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PRXA3BE1

The following 2 users liked this post by redtanrt10:
Metalblond (05-08-2024), Mondo1 (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 08:34 PM
quarterscale
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by infresig
Thought I missed the boat but just received notification, a day late, that my car has left Emden (presumably on Supreme Ace from the published schedule). From the thread, others have arrived earlier and left later or vice versa -- I'm sure there's an industrial logic to it all, but sorry to hear stories of others stuck at port for weeks without explanation.
Got the same day-late notice. My car was scheduled to ship late May but it seems to have been put on the Supreme Ace as well. That puts me two weeks ahead. However according to PWL it will not stop in Jacksonville (my scheduled port of call). At least it’s headed in the right direction. 🤪

Last edited by quarterscale; 05-08-2024 at 08:58 PM. Reason: sp
Old 05-08-2024, 08:39 PM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
You are in NYC? Isn't the port for that Davisville? The Supreme doesn't port there. I am waiting for a ship for NJ, the next Davisville ship that I see is the Amethyst departing 5/21.
Something strange is going on. TYD just informed me that my car left Emden today. Only problem is, there's no vessel on the schedule leaving today. And to the extent that TYD has a lag and my car made it onto the Supreme Ace (which left yesterday), that still makes no sense. My dealer is in Connecticut and so the car would be bound for Davisville, where the Supreme Ace isn't scheduled to stop. Could they have added Davisville as a stop for the Supreme Ace? Or maybe put cars on another ship not on the standard VW schedule?
Old 05-08-2024, 08:44 PM
Dezeinstein
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
Just curious: if you're in the PNW, did you buy your car from a dealer on the east coast / south and planning to transport / drive it across the country?

EDIT: I bounce between Vessel Finder and Marine Traffic. When one stops tracking, I go to the other. Marine Traffic shows a live map right now and the ship is off the coast of Rhode Island.
Bought the car from a local dealer here in the Portland area.
The app says my car left the German port on 4/30, and that is when the Siem Aristotle left Emden, so I assumed I am on that vessel. Doesn't it stop on the east coast, other ports on the eastern seaboard, then through the Panama Canal and onto the west coast?
App says due at the local port 6/1, assuming Northern California, then truck to PNW dealers.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:52 PM
js1ngh13
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Zanotti
I have become to believe that the dealer network has no more data than the TYD data. In reality, the dealer is also a pawn in all this, not really representing Porsche AG but merely a collection agency for PCNA. This is their normal, so making customers mad is just their Dailey life, so they just don't care.
Yeah I don't thin Porsche AG is transparent with anything to PCNA regarding any delays or such. These cars sell themselves so what do they have to worry about
Old 05-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

When you go to Vessel Finder site and search by port for Emden, there's a Departures link mid-way down the page. SFL Conductor is at the top of the list (it just departed Emden an hour ago) and if you click on it, it shows its next destination is Davisville. My guess is this is your ship.

To confirm this is your ship, you can do the TYD hack to get the ship identification number below. Your TYD must have completed Milestone 8 to this to work. Hope this helps. Good luck!

- Go to the TYD website.
- Right click and select Inspect
- Click on the Network tab
- In the box to filter the requests type "api.porsche" (with no quotes)
- Refresh the page
- You should see a number of requests in the list but you want the one that has the name "USMHXXXXX" where XXXXX is your commission number. Select that one.
- After selecting that one, click on the Response tab. You will see a whole bunch of coding details about your car.
- Near the top, you will see something like this:” ident":"| IMO_9283875"
- In a new browser tab, go to Marine Traffic or Vessel Finder and search on the IMO number (using above example, 9283875) to find the ship name

Originally Posted by CTDiesel
Something strange is going on. TYD just informed me that my car left Emden today. Only problem is, there's no vessel on the schedule leaving today. And to the extent that TYD has a lag and my car made it onto the Supreme Ace (which left yesterday), that still makes no sense. My dealer is in Connecticut and so the car would be bound for Davisville, where the Supreme Ace isn't scheduled to stop. Could they have added Davisville as a stop for the Supreme Ace? Or maybe put cars on another ship not on the standard VW schedule?
The following 3 users liked this post by Marin Vizsla:
dknj23 (05-08-2024), infresig (05-13-2024), quarterscale (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 09:02 PM
quarterscale
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by CTDiesel
yeah, same here (Jacksonville not included on the VW schedule), hope we haven’t been “Shanghaied”
Old 05-08-2024, 09:09 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

Got it. Porsche used to utilize ships that dropped off cars on the east coast, go through the Canal, and then head to the west coast. They now schedule ships via a east coast only route (Volkswagen Konzernlogistik) and west coast route now (Stena Glovis and NYK).

Based on your Emden departure date of April 30, I believe you're on Wild Rose Leader (a NYK ship). It's currently south of the Azores in the Atlantic and will unload in Benicia on June 7. You can try the TYD hack that I posted a few mins ago (#20530 above) to confirm the ship. BTW, there's a mini-waiting room for west coast owners under the RL regional west coast forum - there are other Wild Rose shipmates there. See post #960 in the particular thread for the latest NYK schedules. Good luck!

Bought the car from a local dealer here in the Portland area.
The app says my car left the German port on 4/30, and that is when the Siem Aristotle left Emden, so I assumed I am on that vessel. Doesn't it stop on the east coast, other ports on the eastern seaboard, then through the Panama Canal and onto the west coast?
App says due at the local port 6/1, assuming Northern California, then truck to PNW dealers.

Last edited by Marin Vizsla; 05-08-2024 at 09:38 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Marin Vizsla:
Dezeinstein (05-08-2024), OpieSF (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 09:36 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by redtanrt10
Ordered a 4S Cab for my wife to replace her '06 4S Cab,

My freeze was 4/22/24, Sequencing date was yesterday and I now have a Vin #

Build start is 5/21/24, Build complete on 5/29/24.

Expected Delivery date at the Porsche Center in LA, 8/9/24 (I live 50 miles south, selling dealer is in Colorado)

Our 40th Anniversary is 8/11/24 Hoping no delays and/or delivery earlier!!!! (BTW she doesn't know I ordered this 911))

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PRXA3BE1
Wow!!! What a nice anniversary gift!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Metalblond:
quarterscale (05-08-2024), redtanrt10 (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 09:49 PM
Dezeinstein
Advanced

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
Got it. Porsche used to utilize ships that dropped off cars on the east coast, go through the Canal, and then head to the west coast. They now schedule ships via a east coast only route (Volkswagen Konzernlogistik) and west coast route now (Stena Glovis and NYK).

Based on your Emden departure date of April 30, I believe you're on Wild Rose Leader (a NYK ship). It's currently south of the Azores in the Atlantic and will unload in Benicia on June 7. You can try the TYD hack that I posted a few mins ago (#20530 above) to confirm the ship. BTW, there's a mini-waiting room for west coast owners under the RL regional west coast forum - there are other Wild Rose shipmates there. See post #960 in the particular thread for the latest NYK schedules. Good luck!
Wow - I am impressed! and thanks for the info. I will try that hack to check which ship I'm on.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Dezeinstein
Advanced

Wow - I am impressed! and thanks for the info. I will try that hack to check which ship I'm on.
just did the hack and you are correct! I am on the Wild Rose Leader. Thanks again!
The following users liked this post:
Marin Vizsla (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 10:43 PM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 35 Posts

@ Marin -- thanks very much for that information, which is incredibly helpful. This is the kind of community-minded response that can make this forum great!
The following 3 users liked this post by CTDiesel:
Dezeinstein (05-08-2024), Marin Vizsla (05-08-2024), Metalblond (05-09-2024)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!