Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 07:18 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 895 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokey1
That trick doesn't work for me either anymore. I was able to use the trick about 3 weeks ago to find the ship number I was on, but a few days later it stopped posting the ship information in the response.
What does it post in the response now? I know that the next ship to my destination port doesn't leave until 5/21, so I can't verify it until then - but I see other people posting their ship information, how are they getting it then? Also notice that the response looks ahead to future milestones, I see from the ship schedule that the next loading date to Rhode Island is projected as 5/18, and the response looks ahead and has a placeholder for that - it might be just a best effort marker in the delivery plan, but the response does have future dates and the name of the destination port.

"date": "2024-05-18T12:00:00Z",
"dateType": "P",
"transportRoute": {
"departureName": "Emden",
"destinationName": "Davisville",

Last edited by nyca; 05-12-2024 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2024, 07:55 PM
Jkb545
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton250
I graduated this week. I picked up this beauty at my dealership and drove it 1000 miles home roughly 4 months after the day we placed the order with the factory.

What percentage tints do you have on windows, windshield and sunroof?
The following 4 users liked this post by Jkb545:
Dicecal (05-13-2024), Metalblond (05-12-2024), Mondo1 (05-13-2024), Nanteos (05-18-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 09:09 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

Sorry. I know it worked a couple of weeks ago - some posters were able to figure out their ship number after I advised them of the trick. I know it did not work during the whole chip fiasco and the shipping schedules got all screwed up. I want to say it resumed working again around early to mid-March.

i guess you have to find the ship name the old fashioned way: ask your sales rep.

Originally Posted by Pokey1
That trick doesn't work for me either anymore. I was able to use the trick about 3 weeks ago to find the ship number I was on, but a few days later it stopped posting the ship information in the response.
Old 05-12-2024, 10:59 PM
Pokey1
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
What does it post in the response now? I know that the next ship to my destination port doesn't leave until 5/21, so I can't verify it until then - but I see other people posting their ship information, how are they getting it then? Also notice that the response looks ahead to future milestones, I see from the ship schedule that the next loading date to Rhode Island is projected as 5/18, and the response looks ahead and has a placeholder for that - it might be just a best effort marker in the delivery plan, but the response does have future dates and the name of the destination port.

"date": "2024-05-18T12:00:00Z",
"dateType": "P",
"transportRoute": {
"departureName": "Emden",
"destinationName": "Davisville",
Here's what I see today. The vessel my car was on has already docked and offloaded at Freeport, Tx. There's no mention of the vessel in the response now, but there was an extra line or two about 3 weeks ago stating something to the effect of "IMO XXXXX" which gave me the vessel number to track it with a vessel finder website. A day or two after the vessel left Emben, the vessel information disappeared. Also, the vessel my car was on (Lake Wanaka) didn't show up in any of the posted schedules. So the only way I knew what/when the car was loaded was through the "trick" on the TYP website. Best of luck to you, hope you can figure it out what vessel you get loaded onto. Nothing like wasting the next three weeks of your time track that boat across the Atlantic! Or at least that's what I did. lol

Old 05-13-2024, 12:15 AM
infresig
Track Day

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
When you go to Vessel Finder site and search by port for Emden, there's a Departures link mid-way down the page. SFL Conductor is at the top of the list (it just departed Emden an hour ago) and if you click on it, it shows its next destination is Davisville. My guess is this is your ship.

To confirm this is your ship, you can do the TYD hack to get the ship identification number below. Your TYD must have completed Milestone 8 to this to work. Hope this helps. Good luck!

- Go to the TYD website.
- Right click and select Inspect
- Click on the Network tab
- In the box to filter the requests type "api.porsche" (with no quotes)
- Refresh the page
- You should see a number of requests in the list but you want the one that has the name "USMHXXXXX" where XXXXX is your commission number. Select that one.
- After selecting that one, click on the Response tab. You will see a whole bunch of coding details about your car.
- Near the top, you will see something like this:” ident":"| IMO_9283875"
- In a new browser tab, go to Marine Traffic or Vessel Finder and search on the IMO number (using above example, 9283875) to find the ship name
Thanks for this. It worked for me. I'm on the SFL Conductor (not the Supreme Ace) into Davisville. Didn't see it on the schedule but makes sense given delivery into NYC area. Strangely enough, the notification from TYD came 1-2 days earlier than the Emden departure date listed on Marinetraffic.
The following users liked this post:
Marin Vizsla (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 11:38 AM
J Irwan
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Just checked TYD this morning production completion date now is June 6th (was supposed to complete the production on May 8th) .

Old 05-13-2024, 12:55 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 895 Likes on 498 Posts

There must be some specialized item in your build that is on capacity constraint now, because from everything we see posted here from people, the assembly line for "generic" builds is humming along, even slightly ahead of schedule.
Old 05-13-2024, 12:58 PM
Sesselmarder
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have the schedule from Emden to Benecia?
My car is supposed to be shipped on 5/17, but who knows how realistic this date is...
Old 05-13-2024, 01:41 PM
JonInMiami
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First 911

Hello everyone, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and seeing a lot of you receive your dream cars. Like most of you, I've been checking the My Porsche app nonstop since the freeze date arrived. I am currently stuck on phase 4 on TYD and I have received production pictures from the factory showing my assembled 911, but the manufacturing process completion date got pushed back from May 8th to June 7th. Has this happened to anyone else on a similar timeline? I thought that my Porsche was moving efficiently through the assembly line, so receiving this update today was rather discouraging. Thanks in advance for your insight!
Old 05-13-2024, 01:55 PM
J Irwan
Instructor

Originally Posted by nyca
There must be some specialized item in your build that is on capacity constraint now, because from everything we see posted here from people, the assembly line for "generic" builds is humming along, even slightly ahead of schedule.
My build is pretty standard no special items.

My freeze date was moved up by 20 days back in March. So I guess now I back to the original schedule.

Last edited by J Irwan; 05-13-2024 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-13-2024, 01:59 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 676 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by JonInMiami
Hello everyone, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and seeing a lot of you receive your dream cars. Like most of you, I've been checking the My Porsche app nonstop since the freeze date arrived. I am currently stuck on phase 4 on TYD and I have received production pictures from the factory showing my assembled 911, but the manufacturing process completion date got pushed back from May 8th to June 7th. Has this happened to anyone else on a similar timeline? I thought that my Porsche was moving efficiently through the assembly line, so receiving this update today was rather discouraging. Thanks in advance for your insight!
Hi Jon, I think that any manufacturing process which contains thousand of components is a fluid, ever changing schedule, based on component availability. My Carrera S started it's build process 3 days ahead of the posted schedule of 5-3-2024, and completed its build 6 days ahead of the posted schedule of 5-13-2024. So it's all about the logistics of component availability and keeping the manufacturing line moving and assembling vehicles. My car now is at the Port of Emden and waits for a ship.

In your situation, I can only guess that something failed in the final testing stage, and that component needs to be replaced. Or it was missing a component and reached the "Finished Assembly" point, then pulled aside to get this component once available, thus the push back in the "Completion Date". I understand your frustration, yet there is not much we can do as customers, other than wait for Porsche to work through the issues and deliver high quality vehicles.

Last edited by 981KMAN; 05-13-2024 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2024, 02:00 PM
J Irwan
Instructor

I am in the same boat. Got pushed from May 8th to June 6th. And so far only received 1 picture.
Old 05-13-2024, 02:06 PM
tr41t0r
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

there’s a group of us with the same issue

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1408...-o-sphere.html
Old 05-13-2024, 02:17 PM
Ironmar
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Leaving the waiting room soon

Spent a week at the autoport before making the 5km journey across the harbour and I received these pics this morning.

Last edited by Ironmar; 05-13-2024 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added context
The following 4 users liked this post by Ironmar:
981KMAN (05-14-2024), J Irwan (05-13-2024), Nanteos (05-18-2024), Spiffx (05-14-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 02:20 PM
J Irwan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ironmar

Congrats. Your wait is almost over

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!