Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2023 | 07:47 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
So if I get an MSRP allocation, I guess I need to take it. Even if I decide it's not the right car for me after tracking it, I can trade back to the dealer for more than I paid.
didn’t you buy the MB 991.2?
Old 06-12-2023 | 08:01 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by audipwr1
didn’t you buy the MB 991.2?
Assuming that the brake issue is resolved (I think it will be), I'm buying it. 992 3RS would be a future car, maybe 992.2 version. For now, I want the 991.2, for the reasons noted in the other thread.
Old 06-12-2023 | 08:01 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

So if I get an MSRP allocation, I guess I need to take it. Even if I decide it's not the right car for me after tracking it, I can trade back to the dealer for more than I paid.
if a dealer gives you a GT3 RS at MSRP they’re morons. But to answer your question yes you should take it and then you can go double your money easily. Put it on a tractor trailer and bring it to Florida and you’ll be rich overnight. Did I mention your dealer would be a moron to do that?
Old 06-12-2023 | 08:10 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Patton250
if a dealer gives you a GT3 RS at MSRP they’re morons. But to answer your question yes you should take it and then you can go double your money easily. Put it on a tractor trailer and bring it to Florida and you’ll be rich overnight. Did I mention your dealer would be a moron to do that?
All of my dealer's GT cars are sold only to repeat customers at MSRP, no ADM. They're not morons, they're playing the long game. There are a lot of dealers like that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
5280_GT3 (06-15-2023), joejenie (06-13-2023)
Old 06-12-2023 | 08:13 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

All of my dealer's GT cars are sold only to repeat customers at MSRP, no ADM. They're not morons, they're playing the long game. There are a lot of dealers like that.
ok
Old 06-12-2023 | 08:23 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Then these dealers will never sell a GT car at MSRP to you again. There is an unspoken rule, get the car at MSRP, don't flip it and turn it back in when you're done for your next GT car at MSRP.
The following 3 users liked this post by subshooter:
ADgts40 (06-17-2023), usctrojanGT3 (06-13-2023), User 81423 (06-12-2023)
Old 06-12-2023 | 08:27 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by subshooter
Then these dealers will never sell a GT car at MSRP to you again. There is an unspoken rule, get the car at MSRP, don't flip it and turn it back in when you're done for your next GT car at MSRP.
Correct. Dealers are happy to sell the same car more than once.
Old 06-12-2023 | 08:35 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by subshooter
Well, good sir I appreciate your attempt at being Porsche Holly here, but I have never been offered one nor would I be interested in one. It’s not my style. All I’m telling you is what I see. I have visited every Porsche dealership in the southeast and what you’re saying is not true in South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. Not from what I can see. Now don’t get me wrong there’s a distinct possibility that all these dealers are lying their asses off to me and putting fake prices on these cars when I visit their dealerships but I doubt it.

I don’t flip anything by the way. Not because I’m scared of dealerships or any other retailer because I’m not an expert in cars. Now I do quite a bit of Watch buying, but I never really buy them to flip either. I have been known to sell watches I’ve had for a couple of years to buy different watches, though. That’s never affected a relationship of mine with a dealer.
Old 06-12-2023 | 08:46 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Being my dealer has given me 2 GT allocations this year I feel like I have a bromance brewing!

Recently my dealer had a PTS Acid Green over indigo rims GT4RS build for sale. Heavy factory spec of $209k and listed for over $330k for sale.

Guy walks in with his wife looking for a Macan GTS to build.and spots weren't available and they opted for an inventory unit. Dude was interested in getting a spot for a Turbo S and the staff basically said work for the relationship to try and get one and basically ypu got to.start with a lower level car and earn those highly sought-after allocations.

while they're there fixing to sign the deal for the Macan he walks to the sales manager and says what about this car(Said prior GT4RS)? Sales manager comes out and says yeah that's a really expensive starting point, but it's a highly sought after car.

Dude walks out the dealership buying both the inventory Macan and the Acid Greem GT4RS..... all in the name of a future Turbo S allocation.

Moral of the story, pay to play.
The following 2 users liked this post by Justaroofer:
GT3-FL (06-14-2023), Patton250 (06-12-2023)
Old 06-12-2023 | 08:52 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Well, good sir I appreciate your attempt at being Porsche Holly here, but I have never been offered one nor would I be interested in one. It’s not my style. All I’m telling you is what I see. I have visited every Porsche dealership in the southeast and what you’re saying is not true in South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. Not from what I can see. Now don’t get me wrong there’s a distinct possibility that all these dealers are lying their asses off to me and putting fake prices on these cars when I visit their dealerships but I doubt it.

I don’t flip anything by the way. Not because I’m scared of dealerships or any other retailer because I’m not an expert in cars. Now I do quite a bit of Watch buying, but I never really buy them to flip either. I have been known to sell watches I’ve had for a couple of years to buy different watches, though. That’s never affected a relationship of mine with a dealer.
How many Horse-torques those watches making?
Old 06-12-2023 | 09:13 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
How many Horse-torques those watches making?
lol. You mean VPM’s. :-)
Old 06-12-2023 | 09:43 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

You sound like a super reasonable person. I have a very similar outlook.

I think the date of entry is the difference. If someone had your attitude and had been purchasing for the past 10 years, you'd be getting whatever you want at MSRP. Dealers appreciate it and most are better than perceived.

And see my post above for difference between large and small markets.
The following users liked this post:
Patton250 (06-12-2023)
Old 06-12-2023 | 09:49 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by L2_ONBOARD
You sound like a super reasonable person. I have a very similar outlook.

I think the date of entry is the difference. If someone had your attitude and had been purchasing for the past 10 years, you'd be getting whatever you want at MSRP. Dealers appreciate it and most are better than perceived.

And see my post above for difference between large and small markets.
You’re probably right. It might be the difference between large markets and small markets. All I know is I wanted a turbo S last year and I called practically the entire country and everyone had ADMs. And that was nothing compared to GTs. Now I don’t really have a problem with it because it’s not the dealers fault that someone is willing to pay all that money above MSRP. It’s just the market. The Watch world is the same way. Fortunately, that’s at least coming down a little bit, but not to where it was. I just because there is all this market doesn’t mean I have to play. I’m just not going to do it.
Old 06-12-2023 | 10:42 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Guess my dealer is full of morons.
The following 3 users liked this post by PTS:
5280_GT3 (06-15-2023), usctrojanGT3 (06-13-2023), User 81423 (06-12-2023)
Old 06-12-2023 | 10:55 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

You’re probably right. It might be the difference between large markets and small markets. All I know is I wanted a turbo S last year and I called practically the entire country and everyone had ADMs. And that was nothing compared to GTs. Now I don’t really have a problem with it because it’s not the dealers fault that someone is willing to pay all that money above MSRP. It’s just the market. The Watch world is the same way. Fortunately, that’s at least coming down a little bit, but not to where it was. I just because there is all this market doesn’t mean I have to play. I’m just not going to do it.
it’s all cyclical.
Check this out, in 2019, Porsche North Scottsdale openly advertising a new PTS GT3 sitting on their lot for msrp. That wasn’t that long ago.

The following users liked this post:
Patton250 (06-13-2023)

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread